Wanted - Tungsten '06 or so Ford GT | FerrariChat

Wanted Tungsten '06 or so Ford GT

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Smiles, May 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I'm looking for a Ford GT.

Where's the best place to get one?

Thanks!

Matt

2. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    At one time Shelby (the owner's name) was the #1 used Ford GT dealer in the world and he's right here in AR.

https://www.eliteautosllc.com

Doesn't look like he has what you are looking for but if anyone can locate one for you I bet he can. I went on a drive with him - he was driving a modified one that was 1000 HP. I don't think my 328 had a chance. :)

GT

Spezia likes this.
  3. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I used to want one of those badly, but now I think it'd be more fun to build up a lightweight replica with a modern crate engine.

4. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
  5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Joining the Ford GT forum and placing a want ad led me to several owners pitching off market cars, one of which I picked.

Chris Desneaux (look him up by name) has replaced Shelby and Marv Rose as the go-to dealer for FGTs

Good call on buying one before they go up again....a few of us paid sub $200k 13-18 months ago....those prices are gone forever

6. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    boxerman likes this.
  7. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Desneaux has a silver one I believe with 4,800 miles on it.

Smiles likes this.
  8. QuickSilverShelby

Jul 4, 2017
    I bought an 06 from Shelby at Elite Autos 2 years ago for my 50th birthday. A white with blue stripe and it had 16,000 miles on her and it was in perfect condition, as Shelby had described prior to my purchase. $230k and it was an absolute bargain in my mind. Had it shipped to Vegas from Arkansas and then drove it home from Vegas to Alberta, Canada in the the fall of 2019. The wife and I drove from Vegas to Butte, Montana on the first 12 hour leg and then from Butte to Canmore, Alberta on the second 8 leg and it was EPIC!!

I went for a drive with my 20 year old daughter yesterday and I was on cloud 9.

Get one, no matter what it costs, it will be worth it.

QSS

9. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I started my search in the Fall of 2019, and the miles and pricing were similar to several cars I considered. Of course it stands as an amazing bargain comparing to today’s market.

Agree with your passion about how the car drives, the feeling you get in it, and my 14 year old daughter is a frequent passenger.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. FLGT

FLGT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2008
    My main GT advice - worry less about mileage on the car, as I know many many folks with high mileage cars and zero issues. Would focus on a no stories car with proper maintenance history. Having owned GTs for more than 14 years, and knowing many owners, I would not hesitate to buy a well maintained car with >20k miles (esp if maintained by some of the top folks - GT Guy in Michigan, Cooltech LLC in CA, EliteAutos in Arkansas) .

Look on the Fordgtforum - occasionally like minded GT fanatics who have obsessively maintained their cars have to let it go - either because their new GT is coming in, or for a host of other reasons.

Boomhauer and Thecadster like this.
  11. jgorscak

jgorscak Rookie

Jan 8, 2016
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have a 06 tungsten stripe delete that is not for sale, but everything has a price :D

12. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Not everything. I wouldn't sell my home at any price, for example. I'm leaving feet first.

If you do have a price in mind, send me a message.

Matt

13. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    We may be getting a Tungsten car. 1600 miles, 1 owner. Text/call me 402-871-6513

14. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Stripe delete?

I’d assume with that few miles it would be too expensive.

But text sent.

Matt

15. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I second Shark’s recommendation for Chris Desneux https://desneuxmotorsports.com/vehicles. I did not buy my GT from him, but I dealt with him extensively during my search and he was terrific.

I ended up buying mine from Bernie Katz at BJ Motors and he was terrific, but my car was literally the last he sold, as he died suddenly, and prematurely, at the very end of my transaction. His wife, Graciela, took over for him and she is wonderful too. I later purchased my Dodge Viper ACR from her. https://www.bjmotors.biz/inventory-in-tomball-tx-bj-motors/

Last point, I know definitely where you probably shouldn’t buy your GT. Bringatrailer.... Case in point.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ford-gt-33/
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ford-gt-31/

Shark01 and Smiles like this.
  16. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    We have an 06 Tungsten Ford GT with 375 miles. I just sent you a private message.

17. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I don’t need few miles. That seems crazy.

It’s chalk and cheese, but I’d rather buy a Daytona at that price.

Matt

Boomhauer and Shark01 like this.
  18. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Good call if you want to experience the best the car can offer.....yes, it is a triumph of design, beautiful to look at....maybe the best looking car built in this century. But the true measure of this car is the driving experience. My car has 30k miles so there is never a twinge of guilt grabbing the keys.

19. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    If Parker gets that GT in, I'd be happy to go take a look at it for you, Matt. Independent 3rd party and all. :)

20. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Bring a Trailer just sold one perfect for me at $340k.

Oh, well. My NSX does a lot of the same things and has a removable roof!

Matt

of2worlds likes this.
  21. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I'm guessing that's more than you wanted to spend? I don't track the market but that price seems about right for what I'd think. I wouldn't doubt if these are $1MM cars in the next 10 years. Made up prediction of course but they are special cars.

Shark01 likes this.
  22. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I think it was a low sale. Very inexpensive.

I just didn’t have the room for another exotic.

I can bide my time.

Matt

23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Agree, and they aren't special because of super low production numbers......they are special because of the driving experience.

Oz-ATL, Smiles and Thecadster like this.