575M Build | Page 11 | FerrariChat

575M Build

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by white out, May 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Since it has been mentioned in here before. My DeLorean is on the road for shakedown driving and my god, it's fun. Interior is in pieces still, it looks like the damn time machine. But it put down 82whp more than a 458 on the same dyno, so ballpark 650bhp in 2717lbs with almost instantaneous boost. It's what we refer to as a 'sleeper' as nobody expects a DMC to have power. After the tune is cleaned up, we expect a bit more power and better drivability/response, but even in this stage (after 5+ hours of dyno tuning) it is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here are some pulls, if you want to check out the build, the channel has a build series.

2. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Nick, this thing is sick.
    Power, sound, just perfect !
    As it should left the factory and not with this crap powerless original PRV V6.

Good work.

Daniel

white out likes this.
  3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I agree with Daniel!! The car is very cool. It just beeded real power. I bet those guys standing on the intersection turned their heads!! Well done. You know how to make things right.

white out likes this.
  4. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #BestLife
    Grateful for the sharing. You are killing it on so many levels it’s amazing.

white out likes this.
  5. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    When I was installing the 550 manifolds I noticed coolant on the exhaust, which was coming from the valley. Took the car in to fix the leak, yearly fluids and new power steering hoses. . . and to put 575M manifolds back on. While I loved the sound and additional power from the 550 manifolds, it was too loud for a daily driver (would be great for a weekend car) and I didn't want to modify the exhaust to accommodate it as I was happy with the sound on stock manifolds.

hwyman and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  6. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Little update on the DeLorean with its initial tune and me learning the car:

0-60: 3.91
    fastest 1/4 mile ET: [email protected]
    fastest 1/4 mile trap: 123.6mph
    60-130: 9.27
    1/2 mile trap: 147mph

7. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    Very interesting project. Are you going to change your injectors and management ?
    Is there a after market engine management system ,like MSD that you can tune on the fly?
    Are you planning on beefing up your suspension parts, bushings, sway bars, re enforce stress points ?
    Looking forward to your progress. Well done Dino

8. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    Tire selection well make the handling . Find a R compound tire.
    The bigger is not always better for performance .

9. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Inquiring minds want to know....during that 1/4 mile run did you get the “tingles” or anything happen at 88mph! I’m a nerd so I would have personally enjoyed that threshold! ;-)

10. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    I was paying more attention to the tach during the runs. The DMC's speedo needle stops at 85mph, which is a cruel joke.

The car is basically done, just some final tuning and interior/cosmetics left.

The exterior looks stock to the untrained eye, but underneath nothing is stock. Literally nothing on this car was bolt in with the exception of coilovers and suspension bushings. Everything was fabricated specifically for it. It's on r-compound tires (R888r); DTA stand alone engine management and a fuel system made in house with the rails incorporated into the intake manifold (converted from direct injection to port) 2000cc injectors, 2 400lph pumps, 1+ gallon surge tank; the front sway bar and rear control arms are the only parts of the suspension that have not been modified.

There's a build series on the shop's YouTube if you want to see the details:

hwyman, Auraraptor and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  11. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    this system looks awesome ! It looks like it would create extra heat in the tunnel as well as
    interior ?

12. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Nick, I forgot to ask, does the Delorean have AC (depending on where you live in Diego you might never really need it)? When I did my Diego area tour I was in El Cajon and wow it was hot out there.

13. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    Love the look and quality of welds! You added more curves and eliminated heat shields.
    I would watch for excessive heat. Maybe add a few ducts in the under panels to draw heat out of the tunnel.
    Looking forward to more pic's.
    Dino

14. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    The fabricator really does amazing work. The cooling system is so massive (rear engine & front radiator) that the additional heat for cooling system running to the front of the car doesn't add any additional heat in the cabin.

Air is pulled from under the car to feed the turbos, intercoolers and the engine bay. The intercoolers have pusher fans mounted underneath them to draw air into the intercoolers when the air temps start to rise. Then the air is evacuated through the louvers.

While the engine and turbos create significantly more heat than the stock PRV motor the rear not having the lower engine cover allows an incredible amount of airflow to exit the engine bay and keep temps down, it's basically like there is not a cover over the engine because the openings are so large.

It gets A/C when it goes back to the shop in a week or so. Airflow in the car with the HVAC fan on and windows open is surprisingly good, but A/C is a must on a street car.

15. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    Wheels look awesome!! looks like early Porsche RUF wheels

16. dinos575m

dinos575m Rookie

Oct 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dean Pellegrino
    What alignment spec's did you finally end up with?

17. foresterguy

foresterguy Rookie

May 22, 2015
    Full Name:
    Steve M.
  18. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    white out likes this.
  19. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Thanks guys!

Maxwell is a genius.

hwyman likes this.
  20. foresterguy

foresterguy Rookie

May 22, 2015
    Full Name:
    Steve M.
    white out likes this.
  21. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    white out likes this.
  22. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    hwyman and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  23. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Seats look great!

white out likes this.
  24. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah, I like your two builds here….I’m “hot to trot” for both of them and it makes it easy.

white out likes this.
  25. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Question for the knowledgeable;
    How many manual 575M were made
    and did Ferrari make a manual 575 SuperAmerica.
    Thanks in advance.