03050 | FerrariChat

Discussion in '206/246' started by isuk, May 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #1 isuk, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Well 03050 left my ownership after just over 9 years today. The car was in a very sorry state when I first bought it and I knew it was not going to be an easy restoration as the body had lots of filler hiding unknown rust below, the engine was in a very poor state after having being stored without any antifreeze in the coolant, many original items had been removed from the car and replaced with incorrect parts and the interior had been poorly retrimmed and then sadly neglected. To compound the issues I discovered the car had sat outdoors for a couple of years next to a salt water loch in the west of Scotland which is not exactly and ideal storage scenario for any Italian car, let alone one of this vintage.

This is how she looked when I bought her ...... and these pictures flatter the condition enormously.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

After an intensive and thorough restoration she was returned to the way she rolled out of the factory in December 1971 and featured in an article in The Official Ferrari Magazine in 2014.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

dgt likes this.
  2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    And here is she looks today. I'm proud to have restored her to level that will see her continuing a long journey into the future. It is almost a lifelong ambition realised for the new owner today to have a Dino in the garage and I hope she enjoys many happy years with the car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Close to being the best Dino currently on the market Iain, lucky new owner;-)
    Tony

isuk likes this.
  4. Tobi

Tobi Karting

Jun 24, 2011
    Alto Palatinato
    Wow! Great work!

5. dignini

dignini Formula 3

Aug 21, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name: