NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 83 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    You underestimate the tifosi.

People paid $300k+ for an FF at one point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Hopefully not with that godawful diffuser! :eek:

3. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Certainly not. The LB will be a road car, no need for a gigantic diffuser :D

G. Pepper likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Holy Pontiac!

jm2 likes this.
  5. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    As for the name alone, I can totally see Ferrari Dino. They might choose any other name in the end, but "Dino" as a model name is perfectly feasible and I'm sure it must have been a serious contender at some point. Just look at recent Ferrari car names, nothing would be wrong here. So I am in complete disagreement with those who say "forget about a Dino".

ingegnere likes this.
  6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Which is a V12 - The discussion is whether a V6 should be branded a DINO which was not a Ferrari brand
    So my point is not many folks will pay 300k for a non Ferrari even if its built by them

Senna1994 likes this.
  7. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Dino brand would make no sense IMO but "Ferrari Dino" with Dino as the model name would be successful as I just posted before.

randkin and F2003-GA like this.
  8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Exactly. Not saying to re-create the Dino sub-brand—which was done because they didn’t want to dilute the Ferrari brand, which was built on 12 cylinder cars—but just as the model name as an addendum to the model number.

Also, being the replacement for the F8, it will not be a sub-brand or cheap.

SAT4RE and jpalmito like this.
  9. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Quite honestly, I believe there would be a large subset of Ferrari buyers who would buy the car simply BECAUSE it is named Dino! At this point in the marques' (Ferrari's and Dino's) histories, it's only a great thing.

absostone, dustman and ingegnere like this.
  10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The rear end of the F8 which many here referred to as like a Mac. The poster hopes for a female curvy Dino design but the current design house is about sharp edges, flaps, gills and lots of prior Ferrari designs put together. Don't get me wrong, they are still Ferraris and very superior vehicles but the bodywork has suffered with the new team IMO.

11. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Never ever thought the F8 rear looks like a Mac. Which one?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F2003-GA likes this.
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    They all look the same to me same as Porsche. Do a search or review the first part of the F8 thread and see the comments. The uplifted rear and vent shapes around the lights were noted as I recall.

13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    ^ they sell every one of these V6’s, regardless of name or cylinder count.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Besides maybe the next Icona having a V12 i doubt that the 812 is a V12 because as stated by Ferrari the V8 SF90 is the premium car.

15. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Steph355au

Steph355au Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Depends on how you define the word "premium". In the past the V12 has always been the premium car with the most power in any any given series production range. Perhaps the SF90 now becomes the premium car with the most power/performance? A small capacity V12 with hybrid might only pump out a less than premium weedy 800-900 hp but I know which one I would buy :)

17. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    That's the right thinking.

Steph355au likes this.
  18. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    The SF90 now sits at the top of their lineup, just like the Testarossa/512TR/M before the 550 Maranello. That doesn't necessarily means future models won't feature a V12 (with a possibly smaller displacement and a hybrid system).

Alvega and Steph355au like this.
  19. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    hard to believe they are taking orders. local dealer in FL is saying they have no idea about this car and recommend an F8. lol. says the new car will have a 1 year wait time minimum to get one. definitely not taking any names down for anything for it - not even any kind of interest or wait list. works out for me since i'm a cash buyer and if i order an F8 right now it'll probably get her in under 12 months. by then the new car will be announced and i'll be "stuck" with the F8. so the stealer can nail be with the trade-in and then resell it at over MSRP.

20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    My guy definitely has a list of presolds for the LB. The lack of details and ambiguous timeline is not slowing him down.

JJ77 and F2003-GA like this.
  21. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I’m in SW Florida and my dealer has “several” deposits for the F8 replacement as he calls it. Interestingly for both the coupe and spider.

22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #2072 TheMayor, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    I talked to a salesperson last week who prayed they would NOT call any part of it a "Dino". I think US sales people think the Ferrari name is sacred to sales success.

I think to sales people that the public will view "Dino" as sub brand a not a "real Ferrari"-- thereby more difficult to justify the money or worried about depreciation.

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

For these reasons it will not be called "a Dino".

Scudmsl likes this.
  23. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    But “LaFerrari” was a great idea?

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  24. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Meh... selling 1500 $1M+ super cars to the super rich is easy as long as it has the Ferrari badges on the side.

Jakuzzi and F2003-GA like this.
  25. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Maybe it's just me...but I doubt it. A 246 Dino was the first "Ferrari" I ever rode in. I was a teenager, and I was mesmerized. It was beautiful, it was a go kart, and it was pure magic. I've always liked the story of how the Dino brand came about. Stupidly, I passed on a chance to buy the first 246 ever imported to the U.S. I bought a 308, instead, because I had promised myself I would (and satisfy my Magnum PI fantasies). Back to the 246 Dino, Ferrari conducted a poll years ago asking owners and fans what they considered the most beautiful Ferrari. The 246 Dino won. What's more telling is that Ferrari included this "non-Ferrari" in the poll, and count it as a Ferrari in their history. Ferrari knows it was not considered a Ferrari, originally, but has very much been honored with a place in the family in more recent years. Again, I may be a voice of the minority, but all I know is that whenever I'm at a Ferrari event, I make a B-line to any 246 Dinos that are present, first, and am always enamored by them. The history of the car and the name work for me. For me, using the Dino name would absolutely not detract from the desirability of a new Ferrari with hints of the original.

MarkTodd likes this.