430 - Fresh bath and née floor | FerrariChat

430 Fresh bath and née floor

Discussion in '360/430' started by cole328, May 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    My favorite toy freshly bathed and chilling on my new garage floor. Whoever says epoxy is not the way to go is bananas!. I had those connecting plastic tiles for years and two weeks ago had them taken off and the floor done a light gray. Changes the whole look of the garage and funny enough... Image Unavailable, Please Login makes the car really stand out..

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    looks great, both the floor and the car. I literally just did epoxy myself on half my garage floors. Will wait 2 weeks, move the cars over and do the other half. Was a lot of prep work but the labor to install wasn't bad....Enjoy...ARA

3. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Thanks....! I had neither the skills or the time, so hired a professional glad I did, as it was an all day job for two guys that knew what they were doing came out great hope yours does too!

4. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    my wife was screaming at me to hire pro's.....i wanted to do it myself in all honesty. with two small kids running around it definitely took me longer than expected, but i love it. should be fully cured by the time i get home tonight. enjoy the floor and car! nice choices..

5. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Understood...

So, where in Florida do you live? I’m in Wellington

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    Palm Beach Gardens.

7. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    my floors. i went with less than full flake as i feel the light/bright grey base color would brighten the garage up. It did. Doing the other half in two weeks. Love yours.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Ahhh nice looks great (and I am proud of you for tackling it...!) LMK if you ever want to get out for a spirited drive around town one of my neighbors has a scud and a 360 (as well as a mcLaren 675), and we try to get out for a drive 1-2x a month just random stuff, follow the leader, loud exhaust notes and then some coffee

9. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I highly suggest an anti-skid additive to the top-clear coat. Drips from a freshly washed car or some AC condensation can make a very quick "I've fallen and I can't get up" scenario! (ask me how I know)

E60 M5 likes this.
  10. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    Well taken advice. I have 2 young kids so i wanted to make sure they don't slip and fall too so i already put down the aluminum oxide anti-skid grit down with the clear coat. Thanks though.....ARA

11. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    One of the main reasons I have never sealed my concrete garage.

12. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Lol too true! Is it a grit type additive used?

13. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    It's aluminum oxide, which is like a clear sand granule that you cascade onto the clear coat that makes it grittier and much more slip resistant. I only did it in my high traffic areas as it, from i've heard, makes cleaning the floor harder. ARA

14. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    My anti-skid additive was just that; an additive to the clear coat; not cast over the surface like the flakes/speckles. Cleaning is not an issue here.