488 - How does everyone like their Pista? Is it a keeper? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

488 How does everyone like their Pista? Is it a keeper?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Both cars are super sexy in their own right.

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The 765 bears no resemblance to the 720. I respected the latter for its speed and capability but had no interest in owning it due to its excessive compliance, refinement and comfort. The 765 is a completely different animal. Difference between a Sh*tsu and a Rottweiler. The 765 is the most intensive, thrilling, compelling driving experience currently available and by a wide margin. I anxiously await tomorrow so I can get behind the wheel. After 1450 kms, the romance has blossomed to a full fledged love affair.
    Do yourself a favour and drive it.

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The overwhelming positive attention and the widespread universal rave comments the 765 elicits is unlike that experienced by any other car I have owned. The smiles and excitement engendered by the car has been highly rewarding.

4. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    Those that have owned a Performante, how does the Pista compare? Not looking for opinions of which looks better than another or which will retain better value etc.
    I appreciate any real world feedback comparisons.

thx

Thecadster likes this.
  5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I don’t own a Pista, but had a Speciale, 16M and have driven 488, etc. I owned a Verde Themis Performante and later traded for Speciale.
    All I can say is Lamborghini and Ferrari feel are polar opposites. The Performante is brutal and powerful, you can feel the heavy power build up and the handling, though direct, is more weighted.
    Ferrari V8’s epitomize nimble agility and it cuts through air like a knife, much more light feeling and power delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Pista yes a keeper.. love mine! Its like a car hardwired to your brain, really something! Mine it TM so a bit more nostalgic to me ... I see the nice/unique specs vanishing fast up here.

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  7. King

King Rookie

Jul 13, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael Metzler
    I thought I was the only one.
    Including my Viper to my 488 and everything between.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Thecadster likes this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    At this level of excellence, the choice is purely subjective. No disappointment in either car but their driving dynamics and personas are very divergent. There is a substantial price difference of about $200K between them. If price is not an issue, my choice would undoubtedly be the Pista.

Thecadster likes this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Choice between Performante and F8 would be a more difficult choice. If preferences lie in engine sound, a more immersive driving experience and a $125K savings, the decision might be moving towards the Performante.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA

Thanks for the feedback. I currently own since new a performante coupe and a 458 spyder.
    I have a 992 4S inbound. I’ve been contemplating selling both of my cars for Pista/992 combo. The 992 will afford me the opportunity to use it more often than my current cars and the Pista (which I love the looks) gives me the exotic factor for the weekends. Problem is that I really still enjoy what I have but I’d like a little more use ability (992) while upgrading to the latest and in my mind, best Ferrari V8. Such problems!

11. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Sorry but I don't see much respect in your post.

I am on a Ferrari chat board. I love Ferrari. I don't love any other brand of car. In fact, I can categorically state that for me there is Ferrari, and then there are all the Ferrari wannabe's.

Your post implies that if I don't like McLaren, I am a "one trick homer". This is extremely disrespectful. I have a right to think Ferrari is light years ahead of any other brand. That is why I own Ferrari. That is why I own many Ferrari's. That is why my kids will be Ferrari customers. And that is why I am on a Ferrari chat board.

Not having a McLaren in my garage is actually a good thing in my opinion. But that is only my opinion. And you owning a Ferrari and a McLaren doesn't make your opinion any better or worse than mine. It just means you like both brands. I don't. I love Ferrari and I think McLaren is just another make of car. Not in the same league as Ferrari.

I won't look down on you for not sharing my opinion.

And if by some miracle I one day do own a McLaren (will never ever happen), I certainly would never go into a McLaren chat board and call people who don't own a Ferrari a "one trick brand homer".

Aaronholmes220 and JTSE30 like this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Jesus.

Sure dude. Enjoy your Ferrari.

Pis7a2020, Coincid, Jo Sta7 and 3 others like this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #88 Shadowfax, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Seems like Socal summed you up perfectly to me. I mean under your own admissions you are indeed a "one trick homer". I also don't believe you could have made that point clearer even if you tried, so I'm really not sure what you mean by saying he is being disrespectful?? If anything he is being very respectful for acknowledging your self confessed position and your open disdain for Mclaren and other competing brands (or should I say Ferrari wannabe's using your own words). In fact it would be fair to say your admissions serve as being the perfect example of a one trick homer.

Coincid and Thecadster like this.
  14. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Having owned a Performante and now a Pista, I will chime in with my opinion. The HP is more raw and visceral. The Pista is much more comfortable, but with all the performance above and beyond the HP. Honestly, the cracks and pops and the unwanted attention in the HP got old for me. Loved the car, but I found myself driving it less and less. That's when I made the switch to the Pista and couldn't be happier. It checks all the boxes for what I'm looking for. Subjective of course, but it works for me.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Hey! Welcome back Shadow.

Thecadster likes this.
  16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Well I could help myself on that one lol. I mean I've come across some nonsense at times but that one took the cake. I'm beginning to wonder is he legit or just trying to be funny.

mkraft3003 and SoCal to az like this.
  17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Well- he does own many Ferraris. And his kids will own Ferraris so this is one serious dude! I wouldn’t mess with him cause you know how one trick ponies can be.

18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'm imagining he may even ride on a Ferrari school bus the love is so deep. I think Zeus and him will get on like a house on fire.

tekaefixe likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You think he owns one of those red ferrari logo shirts? Maybe a hat even?

mkraft3003 and Shadowfax like this.
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #95 Shadowfax, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    He was laying it on pretty thick so i'd suspect so.

....anyway back to topic, Pista is a great car, and certainly the best one i've ever owned, and I plan holding mine, but i wouldn't go so far as to say it's the be all end all - no disrespect intended.

Thecadster likes this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Agree. Nothing is though. But for now- keeper for me.

Thecadster likes this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    True. A lot of good cars to choose from these days. Mclarens included ;)

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  23. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    You know that is a fact! Ferrari shoes, Ferrari keychain, Ferrari logo in the garage, etc. everywhere he goes people know he is a Ferrari guy. I can even hear the words “hey, that’s my Ferrari outside”.

SoCal to az likes this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The Ferrari brand was my first car love. Ferrari will always have a special place in my heart. After having this Mclaren for just a few days my former 458’s seem so......boring. Even the Pista I drove, while a beast of a drive just doesn’t have anything going on inside that’s intriguing. It felt last generation. The F8 didn’t tingle my spine at all.

My fiancé said to me yesterday in reference to the 765, “I still love the Ferrari bc, well, it’s a Ferrari. But this thing is just insane!”

I think that first sentence applies to a lot of people here. Ferrari adoration comes from a mythos. The brand itself radiates an aura that in some cases just doesn’t meet or shouldn’t meet expectations especially when one opens their eyes to what else is out there.

25. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Very well stated.