328 injector bushing O ring seal size (The thin one) | FerrariChat

328 injector bushing O ring seal size (The thin one)

Discussion in '308/328' started by Derek Boulton, May 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Derek Boulton

Derek Boulton Rookie

Mar 12, 2020
    Greeley, Colorado USA
    Full Name:
    Derek Boulton
    Can someone advise me the part number, and size if possible, of the 328 injector BUSHING O ring. This is the thin one that goes between the injector bushing and the intake air box, (NOT the small fat one that seals the injector to the bushing. I have those). Many thanks, Derek

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Ferrari PN 101031
    Ones that I've purchased from AFP in the past measured:
    ID (free state) = 17.3~17.5mm
    cross-section (free state) = 2.5~2.6mm
    color = black
    material = unknown

McMaster-Carr PN 9464K28 would also work OK:
    ID (free state) = ~17.1mm
    cross-section (free state) = ~2.6mm
    material = viton

Saabguy likes this.
  3. Derek Boulton

Derek Boulton Rookie

Mar 12, 2020
    Greeley, Colorado USA
    Full Name:
    Derek Boulton
    Many thanks, I did find some on-line at AW-Italian. Postage cost more than the O-rings but, hey, this is all part of owning a Ferrari I guess. On a related note, I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has experience of a good method to pull out the 328 injector sleeves without damaging them. Thanks in advance, Derek

4. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    In all honesty... I've tried just about everything I could think of over the yrs... No luck. Total luck of the draw. If they are 'fused' in place they are not leaking and best left alone. They are made of a compressed fibrous material that simply pulls apart like an onion and breaks apart in the most annoying ways. Best done with the runners off the engine. I'm not 100% sure if there's replacement ones, there might be. Point is, if your taking them out aquire replacements first.

If they don't pop out easy... Leave them alone. Granted that's if they are not damaged or leaking.

The 'C' clips are a bugger too if rusted.