488 - How does everyone like their Pista? Is it a keeper? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

488 How does everyone like their Pista? Is it a keeper?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    GT2 RS for sure. I like everything about the BS except the exhaust note, and, sadly, I dislike the exhaust note enough that I can’t see myself ever being able to get past it. Perhaps an aftermarket solution presents itself. The 765LT and Pista, are far from ideal, but each is quite sufficient.

ScrappyB likes this.
  2. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

rrigggghht.. .3 seconds difference in the quarter is a car length.

Unless you are talking about the LT's depreciation,,,,then you are right, it leaves the Pista in the dust. (but in that case if the Pista needs to know where the LT went? It went D o w n ....)

3. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    wthensler, Thecadster and SoCal to az like this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    765LT are transacting over list currently. I was offered $25,000 over for mine wholesale. I think because there are only about 300 coupes in the US, the car will hold up over time. If it doesn’t, I won’t give a <blank>, as I will be busy driving it over a permanent ownership window. You should grab some wheel time. You might be end up being pleasantly surprised. You might even find some space for it in the garage. I have not historically been a big McLaren guy, but that car won me over completely.

5. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    765LT’s are going for $600k+. No thanks, for that money I’m buying an SF90. I also don’t find Mclarens to be aesthetically pleasing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emmholla and Tommy Boy like this.
  6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Yeah...but you know that they shoehorned a battery pack into that SF90 right? And, on top of that, my Ferrari salesperson told me the SF90 is transacting at $150,000 over. Last point, my 765LT was $450 and it’s loaded with basically everything except Senna brakes and roof scoop. That said, I actually like the way the SF90 looks. I saw one in Austin when I was there for the F1 race, and loved it.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    .3 seconds 0-60? Probably. You don’t have to believe me when I say the LT is an order of magnitude faster in a straight line - drive one for yourself. We can also wait for Brooks’ SF90 and see how it compares with the LT in the quarter mile. I expect the SF90 to edge it due to the AWD. The LT may beat it from a roll however.

As for depreciation, let’s revert back in 5-10 years. Rarity is an important component of residuals and there are 4-5 times more Pistas than there are/will be LT’s. Not to mention the Pista platform and engine continued into the F8. So, many thousands....

Caeruleus11 and Coincid like this.
  8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Agreed but for the last statement. Value has to do with the cars beauty for the most part. Rarity counts but so do looks ... and I am sorry the LT is butt ugly to me. ESPECIALLY the interior. There is no comparison LT to this...

Attached Files:

JJ, blkdiablo33 and Thecadster like this.
  9. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Wanting Roso Scuderia was difficult and the want of less than 500 non track miles.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    my three car dream garage would be 765, Pista (I have a target), and F12 TDF

Art138, ScrappyB and Thecadster like this.
  11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My MSRP is $420 I think I could get $500k. But like you said, who cares!!!

Coincid, ScrappyB and Thecadster like this.
  12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That is dead sexy!!! Of course, you and I will likely differ, but I think this is dead sexy too, but in an entirely different way.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I gotta try this Mac!
    Is there a notable difference between the 720 and 765LT?

Thecadster likes this.
  14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I was also unable to get an allocation however I was able to find one pretty much optioned like I would have .. I think it is the best looking of all the late model Ferraris ... I just love the looks of it ... The sound is fine not great but fine and certainly better than many others. It drives great and I DO plan to keep it... I have had maybe a dozen or so Ferraris and the PISTA is a keeper for me.... I love the stripe ...

15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’ve been watching autotrader, and inventory is definitely starting to get down. If you were in fewer cars available especially good specced ones.

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  16. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    It is not simply rarity, but demand. And for that, Mclaren will never be able to compete with Ferrari.

LARRYH, Tommy Boy and Thecadster like this.
  17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    #67 Thecadster, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    I dunno. Is there a notable difference between night and day? Lol.

In all seriousness, I tried really hard to connect with the 720S, both Coupe and Spider variants, but despite several lengthy test drives, I was simply not able to. Both were passenger car compliant. My 812 is comfy, but it’s in a different niche (hardcore GT). I expect my mid-engine sports cars, to be just that, mid-engine sports cars. Don’t get me wrong, the 720S is blisteringly fast. It’s just that the 720S is too smooth, too effortless, too surgical, too quiet, and too subdued. The 765LT addresses all those weaknesses. The 720S default state is Dr. Jekyll, while the 765LT is Mr. Hyde.

18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    That would be an amazing trio. I’ve been bitten by the classic Lambo bug lately.... the rabbit hole is deep.

Jo Sta7 and Thecadster like this.
  19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I posted about my interest in acquiring a Pista and a 765LT thread broke out... Normally, I would blame that on Coincid, but I think I am likely as much to blame, or perhaps even more so...hahahaha. That said, anyone who hasn’t had any seat time in a 765LT should seriously check it out. It’s bananas. It’s a ferocious piece of equipment. The Pista is breathtakingly beautiful, while the 765LT is breathtakingly brutal.

20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Maybe so, but for me, it’s not an either/or scenario. Rather, it’s a both scenario.

ScrappyB likes this.
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Demand matters, but so does supply.

No one can predict the future but my intuition says that future collectors will look back on these early pre-hybrid LT models fondly. Time will tell.

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  22. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Wow. You should probably do some research on this. I’ve been offered 75k over for mine. I’m pretty sure every one that has changed hands has been over list.

Thecadster likes this.
  23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m lucky that I don’t fit in those cars.

24. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Listen- and I say this this with much respect. Just stop. There are a ton of us here that own both brands. I own a Pista. Used to own a 488. Own a 720. Have a 765 LT spider on order and I can tell you unequivocally your statement that Mclaren can’t compete is utter nonsense.

Both companies make great cars. Don’t be one of those one trick brand homers that knows nothing else exists other than a Ferrari.

25. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Both would be awesome. Having owned the Pista and now a 765lt the combination of the two would be a perfect pair. My 765lt gets a ton more looks than my Pista every did. With that being said the classic Ferrari lines are still damn sexy.

Coincid, Thecadster and ScrappyB like this.