Sold - 2014 Aston Martin V8 S - Centenary #23 (only 6spd S known) | FerrariChat

Sold 2014 Aston Martin V8 S - Centenary #23 (only 6spd S known)

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Marko Mandaric, May 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marko Mandaric

Marko Mandaric Karting

Jan 22, 2020
    Year: 2014
    Make: Aston Martin
    Model: V8 Vantage S
    Price: $88000
    Mileage: 26582
    Color: Two Tone Silver
    Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
    Location (State): CA
    Transmission: Manual
    Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Hello everyone.

The used car market has just been too much of a temptation, and the new McLaren Artura is calling my name. Up for sale is a very special car- Centenary 23.

It's one of 3 known manual's made from the 2013/2014 run of Aston Martin's 100 year celebration vehicles. You can read up about them here:
    https://astonmartins.com/car/v8-vantage-centenary-edition/

23 is likely to be the only V8 Vantage S manual in existence (the other two being a coupe non-S and convertible). Since purchasing it, the car has only been washed and maintained by AM San Diego, and is ready for it's next journey. Stamped maintenance book proof can be sent upon request, as well as all vehicle related documentation.

Engine DOHC V8, 4735 cc
    Power 430 bhp @ 7000 rpm
    Torque 361 ft-lbs @ 5750 rpm
    6 Speed Manual Transmission
    Bang Olufsen Sound system
    GT4-style muffler delete (original muffler included with sale)
    Ceramic Window Tint
    Custom Racing Kit SunTek PPF (covers front splitter, bumper, hood, front fenders, side strakes, mirrors and rocker panels).
    Geyon MOHS Coating Treatment on the entire car (Myko Designs down in So Cal)
    Geyon Rim Coating on the rims.
    Aston Martin indoor car cover included.
    Custom leather and rubber stitch Vantage S floor mats included.

The Centenary cars were very limited and finished to an exacting specification.

One of the most striking features is the use of a unique 'gradiated' 2-tone paint scheme of Skyfall Silver with Meteorite Silver contrast on the bonnet of the car. This unique paint scheme is achieved by a meticulous process that adds an additional 18 man hours to the painting of the car. All Centenary editions also received bespoke sterling silver AM wings badges that were a new design featuring additional rays within the wings visible through the transparent enamel. Individually numbered sill plaques of sterling silver with an Aston Martin hallmark are also fitted.

The V8 Vantage Centenary Edition was never formally unveiled and has become one of the rarest production cars of the Gaydon era. A total of only 19 V8 Vantage Centenary Edition cars were ever built, and only 7 of those with the 'S' spec. Of those 19 cars, only 3 were fitted with a manual transmission, one a convertible, the other a non-S Coupe, and this S Coupe.

Options include carbon fiber splitter, side strakes, wing mirrors, rear diffuser and tail
    light inserts. It is fitted with 19 inch gloss black diamond turned wheels. The interior is finished in Obsidian Black leather with silver contrast stitching and features a carbon fiber Herringbone and piano black facia.

Happy to answer any questions here or through PM. Vehicle is in southern California and is for sale locally as well. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gh21631, pilotoCS, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  2. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

3. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    Fabulous car, I didn't know they did the Centenary edition for Vantages. I was looking at a DB9 in this color combo, but that car is a little large for me. I've just acquired another rare car (a Porsche 718 Spyder with a manual trans; GT Silver/Bordeaux leather and red ragtop) or I'd look seriously to get this one. I do know, though, that I'll see this someday and regret not owning it. I'm a dyed in the wool convertible guy, but would make an exception for this lol. GLWS

aseweepay likes this.
  4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Wow what an incredible spec/car! I can't see this lasting long on the market.

5. Marko Mandaric

Marko Mandaric Karting

Jan 22, 2020
    Exact same reaction when I saw it for the first time.

There is no such thing as too many special cars... just sayin'. ;-)

It's a very special car indeed, hoping to find a good home not just the asking price.

ebobh15 likes this.
  6. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I’ll take a small bite. Can we get some more pictures please

7. Marko Mandaric

Marko Mandaric Karting

Jan 22, 2020
    #7 Marko Mandaric, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
    Anything in particular? Below is all of the good photos I have, 50 of them. Happy to snap photos of anything that anyone wants to see in specific.

8. txtony

txtony Rookie

May 3, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Sharp looking

any more pics of interior particularly bolsters and facings of front seats ?
    Age of tires ?
    Age of battery?
    Anything remarkable on service history ?
    Possible to get photo over top of hood without shadows and decent light to see the wonderful paint transition ?

thanks

9. Marko Mandaric

Marko Mandaric Karting

Jan 22, 2020

Tires need it (they're original). Battery was just replaced a few weeks ago (did it myself).

Service history showed that there was an o-ring that needs to be replaced on the catch can and that the breathers were leaking a bit of oil and were replaced– about as unremarkable as it gets. I'll try and get the photo of the hood paint, definitely on the interior photos.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Beautiful car

Marko Mandaric likes this.
  11. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    What? No ejector seat?

Yassa, willrace and Marko Mandaric like this.
  12. txtony

txtony Rookie

May 3, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanks that is helpful

clutch replaced ? Other services prior to one listed ?
    What owner number are you ?

Do you have original sticker ?

13. Marko Mandaric

Marko Mandaric Karting

Jan 22, 2020
    Agreed, it would have been nice.

14. Marko Mandaric

Marko Mandaric Karting

Jan 22, 2020
    Clutch is original, AM SD never mentioned it needing it.

I'm owner #4 (original, #2 I have contact info, #3 had the car for 6 months before selling to me). 4th year service below, as well as window sticker.

Attached Files:

15. Marko Mandaric

Marko Mandaric Karting

Jan 22, 2020
  16. Marko Mandaric

Marko Mandaric Karting

Jan 22, 2020
    Had a request by someone interested for a close up on the seat scratch, the steering wheel scratch and a small imperfection on the dash. The large format photos I took above had a decent amount of editing done, part of that was increased contrast and dehaze that left some of those areas enhanced visually. To the naked eye, these photos represent the condition of each area much more accurately (ie not worth the cost of repair IMO).

through recent discussions and video chats, found a small scrape on the PPF at the bottom of the front carbon spoiler.

17. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    Those seat scratches can easily be repaired for under 50 bucks and in about 10 minutes with Colourlock's Aston Martin obsidian black dye repair kit.

18. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Those dashboard leather panels are all modular and pretty easy to remove. You'd have to remove about 2-3 to get to the one that's slightly stretched but even then it's no more than 60 minutes of work the first time you do it. Once removed, it can easily be stretched back or reupholstered. I had to do it on my former V8 Vantage.

Beautiful car btw and good luck!

19. Marko Mandaric

Marko Mandaric Karting

Jan 22, 2020
    Have you used Colourlock yourself? Curious to hear how it is to use and how it holds up. Thank you for the info.

Yeah, it should be a simple fix, I've just never gotten around to it. You don't have a youtube video handy on the disassembly by chance do you? The battery install wasn't too bad.