488 - How does everyone like their Pista? Is it a keeper? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 How does everyone like their Pista? Is it a keeper?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkTodd

MarkTodd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's hard to add to all the great comments above, but for me the Pista checks all the boxes and she's a keeper!

dhlnb, Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I just had d my car washed after a long time. It’s filthy.

After a proper wash, it’s still so filthy!! In a good way!

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Pista Spider here. A definite keeper, alongside (soon) 3 x 812, Speciale, SF90, 991 2RS, 992 C4S. It’s unique in my collection and very rewarding on road and track, even in spider form. So effortlessly fast and brilliant Ferrari handling.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I didnt like my Pista, found it far too quiet for my tastes. Have only met a few prior owners who felt the same, so we’re certainly the minority. Thats why I know the LBoy Dino will sell well.

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I absolutely love my Pista. My garage consists of a CS, a 512TR and the Pista. One from each era that compliments each other perfectly.

The Pista is an absolute rocket. I defy anyone with a 765LT to actually show me any difference in performance. .3 seconds in a quarter is meaningless to me. Looks are what count for me and the Pista has it over any modern Ferrari, Lambo or McLaren in my opinion.

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I’ve decided to move off my Performante, finish the STO allocation (finally), and add a Pista. And so search has begun in earnest. I think I found one, and now I am just trying work out the particulars.

7. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Hmmm any hints on color choice?

Thecadster likes this.
  8. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Interesting and great news. I’ll probably never own one, but I think the Pista is a fabulous car. Also, with the STO, I worked with Steve Durst at Sarasota Lamborghini and he was very helpful in developing my spec. Part of the problem is Lamborghini offers way too many colors, and many look quite good. And it’s easy to go down the AdP rabbit hole, not all of which is opened up for spec yet. The Blu Laufey on the reveal is $20k, but there’s so little blue left after all the other jazz it’s actually quite comical.

Thecadster likes this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Blue or red Pista. STO will be black, unless I change my mind again...

10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    That was fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecadster likes this.
  11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Yeah...I know. I just have wanted one for so damn long.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I don’t think the Pista and Countach are comparable in any way aside from both being made in Italy.

Caeruleus11, plastique999 and Coincid like this.
  13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    As an owner of both, I can tell you the Pista wouldn’t know which way the LT went. It needs to be experienced to be believed.

tekaefixe, AD211, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I would imagine the performance difference to be rather noticeable. The Pista does 0-124mph in 7.5 seconds, while the 765LT only needs 6.7 seconds. Of course, not that it really matters. I am still pursuing a Pista for the overall package, not simply the straight line performance. I am sure you feel the same way about yours. My 765LT is a keeper. That car is astonishing.

Caeruleus11, Coincid and ScrappyB like this.
  15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    #40 ScrappyB, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    I love the Pista and agree with those who say it’s a keeper. Most 765LT owners (myself included) will say the same about that car. Both are fantastic representations of pre-hybrid era turbo V8’s.

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The Pista is virtually consensually the most compelling and complete package of current supercars that still conforms to driving dynamics that are compelling and engaging. However, it does not break new ground or enter in a unique paradigm of performance. The Pista represents a salient evolutionary improvement over the V8 Ferrari platform.However, without experiencing the 765 LT, you do not know what is missing. While the objective performance metrics is more hyper car than super car, what makes the 765 a seminal achievement is the unprecedented connectivity between car and driver and the elicitation of intense emotional response during every drive. The 765 , admittedly, will not be a unanimous first choice for everyone due to how immersive, raw and unfiltered its driving persona, and Mclaren, not matter how stellar the car may be, will never be on one's purchase horizon, but if you are a car enthusiast, the 765 must be experienced as it will be revelatory.

17. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Pista is a definite keeper for me. Best overall total driving and aesthetics package ever for me. It checks every box for a car to be part of my ongoing collection. Good luck with your search.

Jo Sta7, FordGTDriver and Thecadster like this.
  18. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I was in the same situation as you. I did not want to jump thru the hoops to get an allocation. It took me 2 years to find a decent spec and considering I have a new C-8, ZR1 and a incoming F-8, I would get rid of all of them to keep the Pista. It was all over after seeing one in person!

Thecadster likes this.
  19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Do me a solid and please buy blue.....

Thecadster likes this.
  20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    For me, it might well turn out that the 765LT is a superior overall experience, but I am counting on the Pista being different enough to warrant inclusion in the garage. At the very least, it’s drop dead gorgeous. On top of that, I have wanted one forever. Oh...and it’s a Ferrari...

22. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I don’t think it’s going to take me 2 years! It seems like there are several suitable options currently. Just a matter of making a decision, and then closing the deal. I do think that the window for acquiring near delivery mile examples with proper specifications is shutting rapidly. I watched the GT2 RS market effectively dry up over the last 6 months. I vividly remember thinking I could maybe grab one of those in a PTS color with low miles at a later date, but then they disappeared faster than Keyser Soze. The same thing will happen with Pista. Perfect examples will be harder and harder to find.

23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    SoCal to az likes this.
  24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    All that will be left is an AMG GTR (or BS) and GT2RS to complete the set :)

Thecadster likes this.