NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 82 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

They may even come and present it to you in front of your house for you to buy, after the first 2 years of production ...

MANDALAY, dustman and SoCal to az like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ha! That’s funny.

3. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    F8 sounds like sht so I don't care if the LB has 3 cylinders. if it has about 700 HP and it is cool looking, i'll get a rossa corsa spider one even if they call it 706.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

With a novi f8 sounds great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Lots of buyers around the world know what the Dino is and how beautiful it was. Many will line up for one. Remember the V6 will be the base model too.I am not talking a sub brand but calling the V6 line Ferrari Dino then any additional model numbers. I don't currently own a Dino but in person these are one of the most heart stopping beautiful cars ever. I can picture flying down the highway in a reborn Ferrari Dino gts with all the feeling and emotion that the original gave me. I am sure many buyers will have that same feeling.

SAT4RE, Garretto and ingegnere like this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Dino V6 was supposed to be Alfredino's pet project. Back in those days, a road going Ferrari having less than 12 cylinders was something to sneeze at. Nowadays, the best Ferrari (apart from the halo car) is the V8 SF90 Stradale. A V6, in place of the the F8 isn't such a big deal. It won't be a bubbly, entry level Ferrari, it will be a serious piece of kit!

F140C and MassAppeal like this.
  7. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    I'm excited to see what the pricing looks like. I'm sure it'll be more than ideal!

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    F8 territory, since it is will be the F8's successor. Why should it be anything different than that?

ingegnere and dustman like this.
  9. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    25% less cylinders so 25% less price please!

10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am not sure you understand this "car business" at all. They are not selling cylinders, they are selling cars and performance. By your logic, an electric car should be free of charge, since it has no cylinders whatsoever. Brilliant, free electric cars for everyone!!! LOL!

Marcel Massini, Doug23 and ingegnere like this.
  11. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    We are talking about a ferrari not a mazda lol.

Enzo said it best. It goes if I remember correctly: A reporter said to Enzo no spare tire (re Ferrari F40)? He replied if you can afford an F40 you can afford to have your pilot fly you one out in your helicopter. i.e. price is not an issue for those that can afford the car.

dustman likes this.
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The LB will look more like a Mac with bits of every other Ferrari than an old curvy Dino. Count on it.

13. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    IMO Mac look like dogs dinners. so lets hope not. Ferrari have a real chance to do somthing new and special here.

ingegnere likes this.
  14. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    sure, all the hybrid hardware onboard and development is for free

ingegnere likes this.
  15. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    show us a ferrari looks like a mac and explain why? with details... ;)

ingegnere likes this.
  16. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    You can continue to dream ... it does not look like the Dino concept, there are 600 kg too much and the number of cylinders is not enough to make its descendants !

MANDALAY likes this.
  17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    You don’t imagine how close you are to reality...

18. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    they are reusing every electronic component as much as possible because of cost cutting. so I expect the annoying touch interface on roma and sf90 on it.

but i'm more curious about the weight of the new car.

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I’m pretty sure the last thing Ferrari design aspire to is copying Mac design language.

From the first pics we see—and though definitely still a very early prototype; it is most likely on a production platform and no longer a 488-based mule—Ferrari look to have abandoned the glass backlight for an open engine compartment and flying buttresses. This makes a lot of sense considering the car will likely have a hot-V engine configuration.

With a hole at the back they will likely sacrifice some top end speed but it will give the car a bit more character with some throw back to the cars off the ‘60s. In fact, the prototype has a very distinct resemblance to the P80/C one-off, and that car was said to be inspired by the Dino 206 C and 330 P3/4. You can even see hints of a “visor” windshield, like on P80/C, so definitely a change in design direction. And definitely not towards a Mac-like mashup.

P80/C: https://magazine.ferrari.com/en/cars/2019/03/25/news/ferrari-p80-c-one-off-extreme-design-56416/

jpalmito and F140C like this.
  20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    What exact setup do you have? Videos?

21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    FWIW, my Ferrari salesperson says that he already has 16 orders for the LB. It’s going to be a smash hit. I am won’t be participating. I am actively pursuing a nice Pista. Get’em while you still can...

Jo Sta7 and Maggio23 like this.
  22. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    There is something that it reminds me the 250 LM.. But I can't see very well... For sure a different roofline from the 458/488/F8 ones
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F2003-GA, F140C and ingegnere like this.
  23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Isn’t that the spyder version of LB?

24. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    If its design is inspired by the P80's, then we'll have a winner.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

355TDI, ingegnere, 9nb and 2 others like this.