360 - Gated market craziness | Page 4 | FerrariChat

360 Gated market craziness

Discussion in '360/430' started by FerRrari, Apr 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    They did get him 90k for a crashed 360 gated
    Lol

one4torque likes this.
  2. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    I know this is controversial on this board, but there is “crashed” and there is fender bender. Also, don’t blindly trust Carfax or Autocheck.

Ive seen many cars with serious damage that came up in a PPI that never made it onto Carfax or Autocheck. Indeed, even one of my own cars was hit on the side, cost $30k in repairs, and it never came up on either Carfax or Autocheck. Go figure.

Similarly, a fender bender that just required a respray of the rear bumper cover can often appear on a Carfax and some people consider that a Scarlet letter for the vehicle forevermore. Those people are silly.

Get a good PPI done. Always. If you’re considering a vehicle with some damage history make 100% sure it was minor, did not involve anything structural, there was no frame damage, and otherwise checks out. Then enjoy the dang thing.

Salvage title is a different story since those vehicles were totaled, which happens when the repair costs exceed the value of the vehicle. Also, most banks or leasing companies won’t finance a vehicle with a salvage title, so they are hard to buy unless you pay cash and hard to sell later on. Those should must always he avoided. But a minor accident on a Carfax is not the same thing.

Ketel

3. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    I would agree that salvage titles are not for everyone. I owned a limited edition Porsche that was totaled by the owner arguing the damage stopped its collect-ability. (he over filled and flooded the heated EVAP) Was a great car that I sold later to another person full disclosure. My F430 is branded too. Minor bumper damage in the start of Covid March 2020. Sat not insurance inspected for six months and likely was totaled for loss-of-use claim.

I wouldn't touch a frame or serious crash damage car.

4. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    Timely video

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Mimmo Blue and Bigilo like this.
  5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    #80 one4torque, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Nice!!!!

It’s funny he mentions the c63.... I traded my rapidly dep c63 507 Ed on my gated 360 — 3 yrs ago. I think im in a better position today.

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  6. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Mimmo Blue likes this.
  7. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    If a buyer really wants assurance of the car's integrity, have a good body guy take a look. Most mechanics won't notice good body work during a PPI, but a body guy will. HTH

Need4Spd and Trouts10 like this.
  8. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Salvage 360 gated on car guru’s 60$k

51,824 miles

nice candidate for a track hpde build

* * S A L V A G E T I T L E * * This 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena is a SALVAGE Vehicle. Was a local trade-in. *SALVAGE TITLE* It is extremely clean both Exterior and Interior. Corsa Red with Black Leather seats! Runs and drives GREAT!

Shipping Customers: Inventory is eligible for return within 7 days ONLY when the delivered vehicle did not match the dealer description.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Prime Motorz LLC
    47 reviews
    Closed Today (Sun)
    23644 Ryan Rd
    Warren, MI 48091

9. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thinking this would be fun to shoe horn in a 458 engine. With a gated manual transmission.

one4torque likes this.
  10. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    FYI, the blk/blk gated 360 Modena on BaT just sold for $109k (not including BaT fee).

ketel

11. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Link please

12. Topace

Topace Karting

Apr 2, 2021
    Omaha ne
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  13. Trouts10

Trouts10 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard Heilman
    Looks like a steal to me, even with the higher mileage and circuitous ownership and travels that always seems to affect pricing. Perhaps that's why it sold for only $109k, even though it has a lot of the most desirable options

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
  15. ml65

ml65 Karting

Jun 22, 2009
    Farmingdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Mike L.
    Sunroof coupes are super rare, maybe 20 produced? Pretty sure not all were gated. Could see how that car could be very collectible.

16. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    They are indeed! This particular car is really nicely optioned. New owner is going to be very happy!

Shopcat and one4torque like this.
  17. Trouts10

Trouts10 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard Heilman
    I have posted in other threads that the best info and data I could find out about the sunroof Modenas is that 22 (or perhaps 23) were built, 13 of which were delivered as U.S.- spec cars, the rest sold in Europe. If I remember correctly, I think it was approximately a $3500 option. I know that two of the U.S, cars were totaled, so that leaves 11 left. I have seen a couple that were not gated, so you are correct about that, but not sure what the breakdown between the gated and non-gated cars actually is. I own one of the two in the Giallo Modena color. I have seen one other in Nero, one in Grigio, one in Rosso, and two in Pozzi in the past. As far as mine, I am the second owner, and purchased this vehicle in 2015 from IAG in Florida, which had just obtained it from Ferrari of Beverly Hills. By chance, I met the original owner at a car show and he mentioned he had gone to Italy and optioned/ordered the car directly from the Ferrari factory. Congratulations to the new owner and enjoy - you got a nicely optioned, fine and rare Modena at seemingly much less than what it should have sold for, based on the fact gated Spiders have been fetching in excess of $130k recently.

18. Trouts10

Trouts10 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard Heilman
    I should add to my last post that I know of one other sunroof/gated Modena that is also in Giallo Modena in addition to the other colors I have seen.

19. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Another take on the increase in demand for 360–/. Is it possible the excess demand of c8 and lack of supply due to auto maker lack of parts... is having this segment of buyers cross shopping 360’s.. instead of waiting for a new c8? There is a reported 11,000 unit back order on the new c8 due to mfg delays and shortages.

There is much demand and lack of supply for the c8.. gm stopped taking orders for 2021 my cars in March 2021.

I wonder if impatient buyers started cross shopping other options.

20. Trouts10

Trouts10 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard Heilman
    IMHO.....I don't think so. I have never really talked to a Corvette owner interested much in a Ferrari - perhaps because of the big difference in prices between the two, especially new models; I'm sure they admire Ferrari but wouldn't want to accept the high cost of maintenance or perceived dependability versus a late-model American car. Also, the gated 360s are the models going up in value and the c8 is available only as a paddle shifter. In addition, that would also mean a c8 buyer would have to be interested in "old technology" vs. a "high-tech" new car with all the whistles and bells.

Need4Spd likes this.
  21. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Sorry but 99% of people won’t cross-shop between a new vehicle with warranty and a 20 year old Italian exotic with significant maintenance costs.

22. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    1-4-TQ interesting point. I think the C8 may demystify the mid engine platform and increase the interest in 360s. Once embraced by American muscle/sports car enthusiasts it may increase interest for Porsche and “lower end” modern ferraris (aka the 360 and 430). Not because of lack of capital but I believe the maintenance costs, general lack of ubiquity, fussy sales market, and all the extras that go into ownership of a Ferrari that will stop many buyers.

Funny here in western Massachusetts I saw 3 convertible C8s on the road today during a 15 mile round trip drive to my daughters house with my f-250 diesel!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat