For Sale - 2004 Lamborghini Murcielago - 5,700 Miles - 6-Speed Manual - Arancio Ishtar | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2004 Lamborghini Murcielago - 5,700 Miles - 6-Speed Manual - Arancio Ishtar

Discussion in 'Cars' started by SupercarGuru, Jan 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #26 Zeff, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    You clearly don’t understand the car market. Who cares whether a cheaper car can blow it away. It’s not just about how fast the car is. The market just showed you how valuable these cars are as it is now sold. Your so called 50k car will never be worth anything. If you ask any car collector what they would want a 50k pos that goes fast or a rare car that’s nearly worth 300k. The answer will be an easy one and the same. They’d all take the lambo without question. Most cars are worthless because they are mass produced. Being fast is usually a small portion of any cars value unless you are buying a car for a specific use ie going to the track.. I had a 2015 zo6 was extremely fast but was not special in anyway shape or form. Is/was what I call a throw away car once your done. Go buy your 50k car and enjoy. When you sell you’ll can give it away to get rid of it. At least with this lambo you’ll most likely make money as it will increase in value. Not bad for a car that can be beaten by a 50k beater. I’ve seen ferrari kit cars on a fiero platform that could beat this lambo. Still a pos and the guy that would own that is an idiot for wasting his time and money on it.

LamboLover, Racedrvr and Nuvolari like this.
  2. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

You miss the point. If you are looking for an investment, there are plenty of choices for the sophisticated and the wealthy. Cars & collectibles could be one of them...but larger returns can be achieved elsewhere. Spare us the anecdote about the person who bought "ABC" car and made more money on it than the worth of a Russian oligarch.

The point was one about that era of cars bring of nascent, emerging technology that doesn't deliver. The other point being that being so recent, relatively, they are not yet "classics."

Clearly , someone valued it and paid what the market demanded. But it's not about that. A '90s $100K dump in East Palo, CA is easily close to $1M now near FB headquarters. Apple stock was $12/share in the early 2000s... ..but that's not the point.

Maybe this logic is too abstract for some. I'll just leave it at that. It's just an opinion. No contest here...not looking to be"right" not looking for a corner to mark.

3. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    The prices on these are wild. It's weird to market an 03 Murci as a 6-spd. E-gear didn't exist! Of course it's a manual — they're all manuals!

However I know of several high profile collectors who have been snatching up clean, manual V12 Lambos. One such collector had an F1 and GTO until recently. Maybe the cars are really that good, but who knows.

4. BooE

BooE Karting

Dec 13, 2020
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mike bouey
    Not many here know EPA is a ghetto compared to Palo Alto. One of the wealthiest zip codesjusy a few miles west

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    #30 tres55, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
    V12, Manual, Mid engined, Italian.

What else comes close for the price? Manual Murcielago's are a relative bargain even at these "wild prices" in my opinion.

Testarossa is anemic in comparison. 512M costs as much or more and still underpowered in comparison, plus, although subjective, the 512M is a downgrade in the looks department from the original TR in my opinion.

F50? Pagani? Well over a million for either.

6. GatedMurci

GatedMurci Rookie

Jul 12, 2020
  7. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Looks like a really desirable color combination. If I wasn’t in contract on a second home I would definitely try and get that one. I really like the Murci. I’m now unfortunately out of the car market for some time. O well it’s always about stacking the priorities. Someone will get a good car.

8. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    03' Murcielago up for sale in Monterey looks AMAZING. If they include that license plate I may put in a bid...!!!

9. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Totally agree. No unflattering tints or "upgrades", just magnificent.

megamarco9 likes this.