Removing water washer bottle in a 575 | FerrariChat

Removing water washer bottle in a 575

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ozeskiman, May 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Can anyone shed light on the easiest way to remove a leaking water washer bottle in my 575. I replaced it a few years back and it's now leaking again. I'm guessing its a seal or hose fault as it empties out completely. I tried getting to it by removing the RH light assembly ( it's a RHD car in case that makes a difference ) but there is a metal plate under the light that prevents access to the bottle, even though its clearly visible. If I try to remove this plate I find it is spot welded to the top section of the front guard, so I don't wish to try removing the guard. Is it accessible via the front wheel arch, or from underneath once the trays are removed? Any thoughts, suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I see it's quite different from the 550. Looks quite large, too.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I replaced the washer bottle on my F355 recently (similar style to the 550). The plastic gets pretty brittle over time and overtorque-ing the mounting bolts cracks the mounting lugs (and can damage the bottle itself).

Looking at the rear 575 mounting lug, it looks like it's mounted to something solid underneath the bottle. I think I'd go in from the wheel arch (if only for "reconnaissance")

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    First step in changing the pump or the tank is "Remove the front bumper." according to the WSM.

Qavion likes this.
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I wonder if that's optional, depending on how long your arm are :D

Seems like the 575 WSM is a little more informative than the owners manual. I couldn't even find a refill procedure in that.

5. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Removing the bumper seems onerous. Typical Ferrari design I guess. I'll be taking it to either my dealer or my body shop guys so I'll update later. Thanks for your thoughts.