458 is my battery bad? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 is my battery bad?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by adamellisdj, May 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Good,

also look at starters. I have this one. You can get cheaper ones. But like your PPF its an insurance policy. What would you rather do start your car due to the battery or get a tow ?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis

I’ve looked at this funnily enough. Do they fry the battery if dead?

I assume it can go in your boot if you ever need it? Not a plug in?

3. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Thanks!

Ray

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Provided the battery has no damage cells it will start your car. Wont do anything to the battery. Reason why i bought this one is because it has 2 very important features.
    Reverse polarity protection. I cant tell you coming from car audio hobby how many people i have seen reverse polarity to get a bit of a shock if not a totally FU ECU.
    Second it has no spark when connecting. Again an IMPORTANT feature especially if you stall at the servo.

Imagine a total stall at the lights. Do you want your 458 there in the middle of the road awaiting a tow ?

I looked on line and found a great zipper box for the unit and keep it behind the passenger seat. Remember the hood is opened electronically so i wouldnt leave it there. No its not a plug in notice the very big alligator clamps on the side of the unit.

A flat battery i will say leaves you with a really ****ty feeling why such an expensive car has this issue. Unfortunately its a fact. You will over come the frustration and will enjoy you car !. Congratulations BTW , awesome car. But please remember as i learnt also with my first Ferrari there are many that have had the fortune to have one before us. The guys here are great and will help you with questions. Actually IMO many times more than even the Ferrari dealership, because we are all here for a certain passion , Ferrari and the Ferrari dealer only wants to make money.

5. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis

Thanks mate. I looked into this. But it’s £1100 with a 10% discount and right now, I can’t justify 9 x the cost over a good solid Boshe 77amp hour battery, which has a good 458 reputation.

I’d rather spend the money on front and rear dash cams and if I have any more issues, THEN il get the AG I think.

6. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    1100!? When, how, where????

Says 791.66 for the 60Ah version and 691 for the 40Ah right here.
    https://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/automotive-and-supercars/antigravity-h6group-48-car-battery.html

8. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
  9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

The starters have lithium . The difference in price is basically how many amps. The dearer the bigger thats all. the 40 1000, my 70 2000.

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    FWIW, my dealer replaced the battery with a new AGM just before delivering the car to me (I bought the car used). At no extra charge.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

MANDALAY likes this.
  11. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    The battery had no extra charge?

bada boom!

SV

12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    LOL. Two neutrons went into a bar. They asked the bar tender, “how much for a drink?” The bar tender replied, “for you, no charge”!

Next time around, I’ll likely put in an Antigravity.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Rethink applying PPF to that roof chip area. Chances are they did a spot paint repair and PPF will pull it all off when it is removed. If you sell before then its going to be tough on the next owner. Leave the top natural for a few months then do it in the Fall if you must have it. Regards.