812 Competizione Configurations | Page 3 | FerrariChat

812 Competizione Configurations

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Boots, May 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Just wait 4 years until you do so!

Caeruleus11 and JJ77 like this.
  2. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Haha, true… but the way things are going over here in UK and Europe, waking up the neighbours with your car will be jailable!!

JackCongo likes this.
  3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Sorry for slow reply. On your questions:

- Removing GPF doesn't cause warning lights to show up or any other issues, however you need to fit the Noviec module (into the OBD port in the driver footwell). This will cancel those specific error codes (related to GPF and cats) but not any others. I have had no issues with this set up on my GTS (nor on my 812 SF previously)
    - The warranty point is tricky. It depends on (a) how extensive your modification is (b) how your dealer views these things; some are more accepting of after market than others and (c) what you are trying to claim for under warranty if something goes wrong. Technically, even changing the rear boxes can invalidate your warranty, but most dealers are relaxed about that. I agree that changing to after market cats moves you up the risk spectrum. On point (c), the dealer will struggle to deny you a warranty claim for something related to the seats, for example, if you have only modified the exhaust.

If you are the type to lose sleep over whether or not your warranty might be invalidated, probably best to leave the exhaust as stock (or stick to changing the rear boxes only). The view I took was that modern F cars are pretty reliable. If/when something goes wrong I might have a dispute on my hands with my dealer about a warranty claim. So be it.

JagShergill, Caeruleus11 and Gh21631 like this.
  4. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Thank you Karl, perfectly summed up.. maybe 12 months on from here more information/feedback will be known, and I will look at it again. Ferrari really should come up with a Factory Exhaust option for F8/488, would be a great revenue stream or at least partner with someone that protects warranty or doesn’t throw CEL error codes.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I don't give a f I'm upgrading the exhaust.

6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Me too. NO GPF for me.

Warranty here in the U.S. will not be voided and dealers have no right to deny work. S.E.M.A. has published multiple links and articles about this. Specific laws are the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, 15 USC, 2302 and Clean Air Act 42 of USA code 7541.

Now all we have to worry about here in the United States are those pesky Swiss who want to impound our illegal cars.

Bas and Gh21631 like this.
  7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have the GPF on my GTS and its not that intrusive, I love the sound and experience of it way more then my sold 812SF (sans GPF).

8. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    It's hard to say it's not a good sound. I was at COTA last week at Corso Pilota and the 812s were 2021 models with the GPF and they were LOUD!. They sounded pretty good to me. They wailed just fine going down the grandstand stretch. Furthermore, they were plenty fun to drive and faster than the F8s on the straights.

ScottS, Lukeylikey, jpalmito and 5 others like this.
  9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    What I understand is every 24-40 miles of driving the GPF device is required to check-in with the ECU and if it does not then CEL occurs...so, removing does not cause an immediate CEL but it will eventually occur.

11. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Any idea of the Grigio Competizione color option price¿

thanks

tam