FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2021: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 16 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2021: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Clever

ricksb likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Ferrari didnt write a big enough check??????? Politics, works for or against you. Many hate Mercedes but show proof they are controlling the FIA. I see none heard of none.................

3. DF1

I would suspect Mercedes are public about this and other teams are not but have contacted the FIA quietly .

Again if RedBull saw this on Mercedes they would be so loud about it with Horner the ever present little crying baby. Marko would complain the loudest like track limits this REDBULL is exceeding lol. The complaining wealthy teams. So entertaining.

ALL teams use politics and rules to their advantage. Some more successful than others. The F1 game.

4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    If this is true and Arrivabene did not insist then it means that he was not worthy of this post.
    Todt would have moved heaven and earth to obtain a thorough investigation.

SimCity3 likes this.
  5. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    RB should be commended for a great piece of engineering innovation. It’s annoying to see this sort of thing being discouraged. The other teams should be made to catch up by allowing RBs wing to remain.

SimCity3, F2003-GA and ktu like this.
  6. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    That’s another tired claim. If he was so “toxic,” Why did McLaren take him back once and Renault twice?

Bas, 375+ and jpalmito like this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Because Hamilton must be the good and Alonso the evil. Normal he has the misfortune of being Latin.

SimCity3, F2003-GA, Bas and 2 others like this.
  8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think RBR will prove to put the power down earlier in slow corners. Just looking at their starts, they do enjoy some advantages over the Merc. Didn't show at either Portimao or Catalunya because there weren't many slow corners.

9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Actually, those Michelin's were so damned wide that they had a significant contact patch advantage. Bridgestone, otoh, only built a more durable version of the F1 tire from previous seasons. It was a very successful exploitation of the rules that provided Michelin runners with a significant advantage over Bridgestone teams.

F2003-GA likes this.
  10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Because the sponsors (Honda) influenced the decision at McLaren, and Ron Dennis objections were over-ruled.

In the case of Renault, it was a new management.

Alonso can deliver on the track, but he is too inclined to play team politics.

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Of course the British press dominates F1 journalism as well...

Nortonious likes this.
  12. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    It will be interesting to see how McLaren does also, as Ricciardo is good at Monaco and Norris has been close to the front at the first three races. Of course there is no passing, so qualifying, pitstops and mistakes will decide the race.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Red Bull has passed all tests. Every single one of them.

What Mercedes wants is stricter tests.

Big difference.

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    As usual, Monaco's race will be a gamble.

I find it nice to watch, but not really representative.

15. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    So I'm assuming Honda didn't receive the "Alonso is toxic" memo, and the Renault management didn't receive it twice?

Seriously, I have to laugh at it because Montezemolo was openly singing his praises practically the entire time he was at Ferrari until Alonso made a joke about wanting a faster car for his birthday in 2013.

375+ likes this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, I didn't invent Alonso's reputation, I merely mention it. Some say that he creates trouble wherever he goes.

People more informed than me have reported the same, notably insiders at McLaren and Ferrari.

Talking about Ferrari, is it not true that a few people in the technical team lost their job following his complaints?

Because everything that happens at the Scuderia is immediatly leaked to the Italian press, and that was largely reported.

In an interview last year, Zak Brown hinted that he was glad to see the back of him when Alonso left McLaren.

But obviously, I am not trying to convince you. No skin of my nose if you think differently.

17. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Does anyone seriously believe that Ferrari leadership received complaints from Alonso, and as a result, they decided, “we can’t have these guys upsetting Fernando anymore?” Sounds like scapegoating to me. Usually, people are fired for a lack of competence, not for being disliked by a driver.

“I consider Fernando to be a friend of McLaren and a very good personal friend of mine. I wish we would have had more success on the track together because he’s a great racer.” - Zak Brown

fil, 375+, SimCity3 and 3 others like this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    In other words, it’s called changing the rules during the game.

SimCity3 and Nortonious like this.
  19. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Max can also brake later than Lewis, although Lewis won't admit it :D

Nortonious likes this.
  20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Toto is a complete control freak.
    Worse than Ron Dennis

Nortonious and Bas like this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #396 william, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Throwback: When Fernando Alonso Got Down Really Dirty With Teammate Lewis Hamilton
    https://www.essentiallysports.com/throwback-when-fernando-alonso-got-down-really-dirty-with-teammate-lewis-hamilton/

Il y a 10 ans : Alonso, catalyseur de l'amende record du Spygate 10 years ago, Alonso responsible for a record fine
    https://fr.motorsport.com/f1/news/spygate-alonso-catalyseur-denonciation-affaire/3159064/
    Le rôle de Fernando Alonso dans l'affaire
    Se sachant sur le départ de chez McLaren dans un climat de tension rarement atteint entre un sportif et son employeur, un Fernando Alonso se présentant comme le lanceur d'alerte responsable s'était dit "très heureux" d'avoir pu aider la FIA à découvrir des éléments corroborant la possible intention de tricherie de McLaren avec les documents entrés en possessions de Stepney.

Alonso presents himself as a responsible whistleblower, happy to help the FIA

Il n'a jamais été avéré que les données techniques de Ferrari ont été utilisées par l'équipe et ses responsables, mais Alonso n'avait aucunement l'intention de laisser la moindre chance à McLaren de pouvoir le faire en se sachant parti de l'équipe la saison suivante. L'Espagnol avait également par cette dénonciation fait témoignage de sa loyauté envers une équipe Ferrari dont le volant de n°1 représentait désormais son unique objectif, et le contraignait à attendre deux saisons chez Renault...

Dans une interview accordée au Guardian, Alonso décrivait son implication comme suit : "Sur l'histoire d'espionnage, j'étais au mauvais endroit au mauvais moment. Mais j'ai été très heureux de pouvoir aider la FIA à tout découvrir."

I was very happy to help the FIA to discover everything

Di Montezemolo on Alonso as a team player

Di Montezemolo picked out Alonso’s character as one reason why perhaps he didn’t succeed in the way multiple world champions Michael Schumacher or Niki Lauda did at Ferrari. “He was Alonso, not Alonso-Ferrari,” said Di Montezemolo. “When he wins, he’s happy. When he doesn’t win, it’s the problem of the team, he’s unhappy.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.former-ferrari-president-di-montezemolo-on-why-alonso-ferrari-did-not-work.4cK4uvEtdMqiKWQWRYKm7V.html

Alonso regrets ‘frustrated’ Honda GP2 engine comment
    https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/02/01/alonso-regrets-honda-gp2-engine-comment/

Fernando Alonso Vetoed Out by Honda for 2020 Indy 500 Despite Ditching McLaren
    https://www.essentiallysports.com/fernando-alonso-vetoed-out-by-honda-for-2020-indy-500-despite-ditching-mclaren/

Horner explains why Alonso will never race for Red Bull

In a podcast with Formula 1's Tom Clarkson, Horner addressed the speculation and why it will never come to pass.
    "I have got huge respect for Fernando," said Horner.
    "He’s a great driver, a fantastic driver. But I think it’s very difficult to see… he tends to cause a bit of chaos wherever he’s gone.
    "I’m not sure it would be the healthiest thing for Fernando to join the team."

https://f1i.com/news/313670-horner-explains-alonso-will-never-race-red-bull.html

Renault believes it is bringing back to Formula 1 a "new" and "better" Fernando Alonso, who has shaken off the "toxic" baggage from his last spell in the series
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/renault-alonso-has-shaken-toxic-baggage-of-last-f1-spell-4981341/4981341/

Opinion: Fernando Alonso joining Renault would turn toxic
    https://f1.co.uk/f/opinion-fernando-alonso-joining-renault-would-turn-toxic

Renault will be transparent with toxic-free Alonso
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/renault-will-be-transparent-with-toxic-free-alonso/

Will Fernando Alonso Repeat His Past Mistakes Upon His Return To F1?

https://www.hotcars.com/will-fernando-alonso-repeat-his-past-mistakes-upon-his-return-to-f1/

That's only a small sample of what has been said about Alonso over the years.

I didn't make it up !

22. DF1

Mercedes race de-brief Spain

23. DF1

Domencalli stated this in the press -

For much of his career, there has been a stigma attached to Alonso and how difficult he can be to work with.

However, Domenicali does not subscribe to that notion having worked closely with him.

“To be honest, when you work with these types of personalities, with that much talent, you cannot say if it is difficult or not difficult,” he added.

“The only thing I can say is that Alonso was very strong, he was very motivated, and he wanted to achieve so much.

“Beyond that, if I am honest, saying that he is controversial is totally incorrect.”

24. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Sure looks like YOU wouldn't have been able to manage Alonso.

:D

25. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I need an antidote!

Nortonious and jpalmito like this.