Maserati Khamsin | Page 387 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Hello. Great info.. which I will dig into this weekend.. thank you for this
    Richard in Toronto

2. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Richard...

Please keep us in the loop on what you find!!!

Thanks....

Mike

3. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    #9653 awatkins, May 8, 2021
    Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Oh, oops. Sorry, I got side tracked answering your first two cross-references and forgot about the third. That facet unit is what’s in my car now and although reasonable for the first 7/8 of the gauge travel it’s way off at the top. That’s why measuring known good original gauge and sensor curves would allow us to know quantitatively what to expect the behavior to be without have
    ing to experiment repeatedly.

4. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    When I got my K the installed unit was dead!
    Thus the random 'protocol' I was forced to follow, after the failure of the usual sources.

If your admittedly more scientific/rational approach yields the anticipated result, please let us know.

Thanks.

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I was informed a few days ago that Khamsin 1206 has emerged in Belgium, US car converted to Euro bumpers ex Germany since it has the added German chassis plate, automatic, non running engine. Another one out of the woodwork! Does anyone have previous knowledge about this one?

It has just arrived in a restoration workshop so will be sorted out, another one that will be enjoyed:)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Yes, very nice, that´s the car that was at Mehne Automobiles: https://www.artebellum.com/en/classic-cars-for-sale/37882-1977-maserati-khamsin:

I didn’t know the chassis number, but it has the same Carrozzeria and Autovettura numbers

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Bedankt for the link AMLC, I hope to be in touch with the new owner of 1206 soon.

AMLC likes this.
  8. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello Marc
    Good news!

I had that one confused with 1146, visually almost identical, exept for the beige carpeting, but thought someone decided to change that to black.

Incidentally there is a manual for sale on ebay and I contacted the seller, but because he says he sold the car to the Berlin area, I assume it is from 1146 and not 1206.

Info from seller of Khamsin owners manual on ebay Feb, 2021
    Neue Nachricht von: ermontg-75 (6)
    Moorpark, CA, United States
    selling this on behalf of my father
    he says:
    "The Maserati Khamsin was delivered to the original California owner via Beverly Hills Maserati and was CA titled 1977.
    I was the second owner, purchased in 1990 and sold to German buyer who returned it to the Berlin Germany area.
    It was a 4.9 liter with automatic transmission. Black Connelly leather interior. AC fitted.
    Sold to German buyer in 2002 or 2003. No accident history and rust free!"

Nembo1777 and AMLC like this.
  9. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    #9659 AMLC, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Surprised that it is non running, in 2015 it was for sale at Fusco Automobile and “fahrbereit”, according to my notes:

Khamsin 07-77 71200 km 169000 EURO
    Fusco Automobile, Hofheim Wallau (bei Frankfurt)
    Seit 20 Jahren in Sammlerhand, Interieur original, fahrbereit

10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well perhaps the person who informed me was given incorrect information or damage occured recently. I will find out eventually.

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Boralogist, I have your quote for under the bonnet/hood padding but I lost your email please send me an email and will relay it to you.

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes 1146 which I saw in quite poor shape with bodywork damaged here and there, a bit rough in August 2009 at Rolf Schiemenz's garage in Bad Godesberg, having just driven from the Nurburgring where I was for the Oldtimer GP.
    It had been bought dirt cheap by a young German chap who wanted me to help him register it in France where he had a holiday home and thought it could be done overnight (lol one could only wish for the buraucracy here to be that fast!). He was trying to do some of the work himself. Not sure what happened to the car... I could not do photos that day but here some I have found if it from back then.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    #9663 boralogist, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Hi Marc---

Just saw this.
    Sending.

Thanks.

PS Sent

Nembo1777 likes this.
  14. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    boralogist likes this.
  15. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Looks nice.
    Could you detail the work done (e.g. new or reconditioning of the spheres and steering) and the prices?

16. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    Hi there, they were all stripped, cleaned, re sealed painted etc...The sphere was recently supplied by Pleaides so just a pressure test and a repaint for that. The steering rack was fully stripped and refurbished as necessary.

For all the parts except the steering hardener, which I haven’t given them yet, it was £1900. I thought that was really good value

Froggie likes this.
  17. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Pleaides one of my two go-to guys for decades.
    The best, bar none.

Sadly no longer feasible to work w/them because of Brexit!
    The insanity of it all beyond rational comprehension!

Nembo1777 likes this.
  18. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    How so?

19. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    EU/GB import/export taxation issues and the associated nearly insurmountable bureaucratic red-tape created by Brexit!

20. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    I get that Brexit was not a decision that I would have made but.... although it might mean a bit more paperwork, for parts that are being repaired or restored, you shouldn’t be paying any tax. I need to go through this in reverse as I need to send my shock absorbers to Germany to exchange for rebuilt units.

21. boralogist

Jun 21, 2005
    Maybe it works on paper &/or w/the ultra efficient Germans---but let me assure you that in real life for the rest of the EU it would be easier if you just slit your wrists. Period.

series1, Froggie and Nembo1777 like this.
  22. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Do anyone have contact information for Pleaides? I looked them up on the internet and had no luck.

23. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
  24. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    I think I never posted this, some time ago I found more photos of the Khamsin at Santo´s Alfa in Northridge, from 2012, which show that it´s an automatic.
    And that it has been converted to EURO bumper at the rear (don’t have photos of the front).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

series1, Nembo1777 and rga like this.
  25. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    And the Khamsin spotted in June 2020 by Johnei at the workshop in Seattle (Prova Motorsports) also appears to be an automatic, see (part of a) photo below from their Facebook page in September 2020. And this one still has the US rear bumper.

Because the dashtop appears to be a bit greenish (see second photo below taken from a video), it does remind me of the car with the green dashtop at BHCC, but that was silver (what was left of it) with a black interior, and also not the same mirror (https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1975-maserati-khamsin-c-9797.htm).

johnei and Nembo1777 like this.