812 VS Rumors | Page 318 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    So ... one thousand car is not so “ limited “ but still a desirable car!

F2003-GA likes this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Maybe Ferrari will create a pre-production series with a special plate that reads zero of nine hundred and ninety nine. They can give these 812's to journalists and other 'friends' of Ferrari for various reasons. For sure Lamborghini gets one to test drive and show where the real 'motor valley' talent is at...

Wheels1 likes this.
  3. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Oh, and maybe an 'Exclusive Series' 1/999, and another, the 'Connoisseur Series' 1/999

The possibilities are endless ;)

of2worlds likes this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    How about "The President's Selection"........

Marcel Massini

350MH83, 456-boy, roma1280 and 2 others like this.
  5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    The more I detail it and the more I find it loaded ... The Vortex on the back, it doesn't work at all ... it only involves me, but there is an accumulation of details which makes the gaze get lost. .

of2worlds likes this.
  6. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    “Challenger?” At first I thought you were referring to the V8 Dodge beastie (that I own). Then it hit me....CHALLENGER TANK! LOL!

I suspect whatever shortcomings a Challenger (tank) has in handling it makes up for in its ability to reduce the competition to burning rubble.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    So I will start by saying, if I was given a slot I would have grabbed it in a millisecond. With that saId, there are a couple of design elements I can’t get my head around. First are the tail lights. Why use the round ones and then create a spoiler/rear fascia that mimics the ones off of the sf90? What’s the point...Imho..pick one design and use the lens that fits it. I love the round and think they look perfect on my GTS (and SF). I do love the sf90 but the rear lights on it seem to be more cohesive with the overall design and ethos of the car..not front engined NA v12. Second, is about the exhaust...I don’t love the look. I Would have much rather seen quad, round pipes. Outside of those two elements, I think it’s spectacular. And again, if I somehow get the waitlist call...I know they are all sold but one can dream...I would take it and love it. It sure if anyone else had similar feelings.

Scudmsl likes this.
  8. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I definitely concur with you on the taillights, the round lights with SF90S style cutouts are not a great solution.

RamsHmb likes this.
  9. Roccob

Roccob Rookie

Feb 6, 2015
    Think it may have been done to give the rear a menesing look. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

10. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Has anyone received information from their dealer regarding placing a deposit and what the list price of the coupe and the spider will be?

It will be interesting to see what carbon fibre options that Ferrari will include as part of the list price of the car?

of2worlds, Caeruleus11 and Dubaicity like this.
  11. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Let’s say the list price will approx lie around 500k EUR and 570k EUR for the Aperta. Seems confirmed: 999 coupes and 599 apertas. So 400 units more of the coupe. Where do you see second hand valuation for the two variants? First TdFs reached around 1.1-1.2 million and today a decent one can be attained for around 850-900k; base price was at 450k.

12. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    In Australia, AUD$1.1m on road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    As a non owner, I want Ferrari to build the most of those cars, since the more cars built, the more chances to see great, rare and unusual colors combos. I perfectly understand owners who want their car to be the most exclusive possible, but when I read non owners advocating the smallest production possible, I don't get it.

14. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Because these cars are articles of desire and more rare the object the higher the desire for it. Why do you pay the price of admission at a museum and would you still pay that price if each of the items in the museum were freely available to view say in your neighbourhood flee market? Rarity matters not just to the buyer and speculator but also to the fans because majority of future buyers are todays fans.

mepassione and dcmetro like this.
  15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I wonder why the rear-mirror image shown on SHMEE's video of the 812 C is inverted because on all the other images of the interior we see that the cavallino and the letterings aren't inverted. What should be seen through that mirror is shown on the second picture.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    jump to 7.14

looks like 812 c mirror also has that kind of flipper
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

MDEL likes this.
  17. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Like the Cadillac Escalade.

18. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Seems the more it mimics a real mirror, the better. Why would someone want it flipped? Things that appear on the right side of the mirror should be to the right of the car...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’m a bit puzzled as well.
    Lexan would have been cool, but then again that would be a view of the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cesman likes this.
  20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahah since Realzeus is a Brit and he was talking of him inside a Tank.. I immediately thought about the Challenger 2 MBT :D (Military hardware is my second interest after cars)

perrinnation likes this.
  21. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    1. Airflow
    2. Wow factor
    3. Aesthetic tie-in with other parts of the rear

F140C likes this.
  22. m_powered

m_powered Rookie

Oct 1, 2012
    the launch of 812C shows TDF is such a masterpiece that EVEN Ferrari are not able to redo it

23. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Such a great point

JTSE30 likes this.
  24. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I think the solid rear is a truly idiotic piece of design. There, I have said it.

25. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    That would be my guess, as well. Maybe not the most practical thing ever, but It looks cool.