Bugatti Chiron | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Bugatti Chiron

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Aerolithe57, Nov 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  2. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    MAGNIFIQUE !!

3. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I drove both those cars thanks to the amazing team at Bugatti Greenwich. Really fabulous. I found the sport with the longer (regular) gearing but stiffer suspension a little bit of a compromise. If you really want a stiffer and better handling ride, I think the pur sport with the shorter gearing is your car. However to me the genius of the Chiron is the amazing ride, sleek silhouette (with no permanent spoiler) and mind-bending acceleration. Is having a Chiron sport a bit like putting go-faster spoilers on your Mercedes S class? I think this goes against the whole point of the car as an intercontinental GT cruiser. If I was ordering one I would go for a “regular” Chiron. I know Bugatti is making an effort to provide their clients with differing flavors of the Chiron and I salute that, personally I’d just go for the basic one. I am considering a Chiron particularly as we enter the last 50 in production, I have this fantasy of shipping the car to Europe and motoring with the Mrs from one fabulous hotel to the next. The only issue with this plan though is the luggage space. There is literally only room for one weekend bag and no room in the cabin for anything so that’s super disappointing. If this is just a car for a blast on a Sunday morning maybe a stick Gt3 and $3m change would be a better option?
    I don’t know, I’m really conflicted now and confused by what the Chiron is, I love the car, but what is a GT car with no luggage space? So if you can’t travel with it, what is it?

absent, Jo Sta7, Ryan13 and 2 others like this.
  4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    A great track car. Seriously.
    I drove many ‘sports’ cars on the track and most of them does not match what chiron ‘regular’ can do as a sporty road car on the track.
    Chiron has so much richness and density of the feed back from pedal and steering that after driving one, my 812 gts felt like M2. Just felt like it had on/off feed back.

I am so glad I made a right move. It will be a car to be remembered as what one man vision can achieve. Not many examples out there among cars. Cirtainly not a single one out there now with its own engine developed from ground up.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Bas, willcrook, Jonathan19 and 2 others like this.
  5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think if you are in the Bugatti world - travel by car is a hobby vs. real actual transportation. that goes from a type 35 to a Chiron. stoage space for a trip to me seems like an oxymoron... were it me, I'd have a porter have my luggage sent to the destination in anticipation of my arrival... and the fun would be the drive to the location. you could keep a small bag for incidentals... but the rest is handled for you. same for the McLaren F-1 and Gordon Murrays cars... its not about the destination its all about the drive. the Bugatti would in my opinion be a track car that is delivered and picked up from the track... or you use around town where the track is located and then delivered back home. I don't see the Bugatti particularly fun in St. Tropez or Bandol traffic vs. on track.

TheMayor, roma1280 and Boomhauer like this.
  6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Somehow I don't think your typical Chiron buyer is too worried about where to put his toothbrush and undies in the boot. :)

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I think I’d push back a little bit on that. If I wake up on a Saturday morning and on the spur of the moment I want to take the Mrs to the spa overnight which is a 2 hour drive away, I’m supposed to figure out a way of getting an overnight bag delivered there? Or if we want to drive from New York to the Amangiri in Utah I need to get a bag to each of our stops? Even my Huayra has space for 2 pretty large fitted overnight bags plus space for 2 suit carriers behind the seats.
    Just driving it on a track is pointless to me, sure do it once for fun, but I have a 488 challenge and the (truly awesome to drive) mazda mx5 cup car (which costs $75k) to have fun with on the track. It’s too risky to drive a $3m car on the track plus it has no roll bar, has glass windows, no proper belts etc etc. It’s not safe on the track. The thing is, I love having a use for the cars that is more than just a Sunday morning drive. I drove my 1958 Tdf from London to Maranello and it was a blast. It would be torture to have a Chiron and not be able to use it because you literally can’t get a few weekend bags in there. Not buying the whole porter taking the bags ahead thing. Its just a shame. The luggage space is literally the reason I’m not buying a Chiron. Call me crazy.

Bas, j09333 and Timo Seefeld like this.
  8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Great idea but needs a complete cooperation from your wife.
    I did exactly that in 1999, Northern Italy, French Riviera tp Paris and in between, driving a Giallo 355 Spider.
    With my wife "surviving" 2 weeks with only what she could squeeze in our one carry on suitcase and a thin garment bag that we managed to force behind her seat.
    I felt guilty and she took a full advantage purchasing huge numbers of shoes, etc that were shipped by the stores back to US.

Boomhauer and roma1280 like this.
  9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Were I in the position to be considering a Chiron - and wanted a spontaneous drive ... all, I'd pack are some meds, undies, toothbrush and wife cosmetics ... and buy what I need on the way. talk about adventure. If I knew we were going somewhere for a function etc... I'd send the bags along in advance...there are lots of services that offer butler / concierge services that do the exact things... from what I know you just point out what you want - where and when. and they take care of the rest. even to the point of arranging tailor services & private boutique shopping.... and car valet / wash fuel etc... The Ritz in Paris has this service... and a number of hotels in the ME.

Bas and roma1280 like this.
  10. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Forget the bag and use trunk as a bag will give you plenty of room

Plastic bag will do the job carrying from prking to room

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  12. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Record-Breaking Demand Sees Chiron Production Enter its Final Era

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The Bugatti Chiron quickly established itself as the new benchmark of the hyper sports car market. As the fastest and most powerful production vehicle in the marque’s 112-year history, the Chiron pushed the boundaries of automotive design, technology, engineering and manufacturing.

Four years since the very first of 500 bespoke units left the Atelier in Molsheim, the Chiron1 now enters its final production phase in Chiron Pur Sport2 and Chiron Super Sport3 form only, with less than 40 build slots left to be allocated. The final units of the Chiron and Chiron Sport1 are already being handcrafted, or scheduled to be built at Bugatti’s Molsheim Atelier, making way for the final encore of the Chiron era.

Since its highly anticipated reveal at the Geneva International Motorshow in 2016, the global success of Bugatti’s most recent hyper sports car platform has been unprecedented. 18 months from its initial announcement, 300 of the limited 500 series run of the Chiron had been sold. This sales momentum has continued throughout the years and into 2021, despite global challenges such as COVID-19. The United States is the Chiron’s strongest market, contributing significantly to a record-breaking quarter in Q3, which welcomed Chiron sales that doubled year-on-year and even tripled in some regions.

With the revival of in-person events such as Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance and a range of exclusive customer and media drive events, the Chiron continues to help drive Bugatti’s momentum, attracting universal acclaim, as the model becomes an increasingly rare proposition.

Hendrik Malinowski, Director of Sales and Operations, comments: “Our discerning customer base across the world consists of true Bugatti connoisseurs. They are hard-working, self-made individuals who regard owning one or multiple Bugatti masterpieces as the realization of a dream. They understand the devotion behind the pioneering design and engineering of each Chiron model. Their appreciation for the provenance and performance of our hyper sports cars comes from a genuine passion for the brand.

“With the Chiron Pur Sport and Super Sport, we are offering customers the culmination of years of continual development of the Chiron platform. This spectrum of performance, whether it be hitting the apex on-track, or cruising on Autobahns in total luxury, takes the Chiron to an entirely new level. Now with so few build slots remaining, the purity of the W16 recipe is being honored in style.”

Hitting the ground running
    Throughout its lifetime, the Chiron has collected a multitude of accolades for its design and performance capabilities, solidifying its position in automotive history as one of the all-time greats. With a peak power output of 1,500 PS - a record for a series-production vehicle - 1,600 newton meters and a host of surplus technological innovations, the Chiron redefined the pinnacle of automotive engineering in the 2010s. Sprinting from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.4 seconds, 200 km/h is reached in 6.1 seconds, with the 300 km/h mark achieved in 13.1 seconds.

The Chiron wasted no time in securing its first production car record in 2017, setting a new 0-400-0 km/h world record in a mere 41.96 seconds - the fastest time ever reached and officially measured at the time. Continuing a run of unrelenting success, just two years later, the Chiron reached speeds once through to be unreachable by a road car. A near production prototype derivative of the hyper sports car surpassed the magic 300 mph limit with a speed of 304.773 mph (490.484 km/h) - a world record that stunned the automotive world and secured the Chiron’s status as an unquestionable automotive legend.

Building on a winning formula
    Joining the Chiron family in 2020, the Chiron Pur Sport built upon the exceptional Chiron foundation to offer customers a truly uncompromising hyper sports car that is optimized for dynamic agility and downforce. With an entirely new aerodynamic, transmission and weight configuration, the Chiron Pur Sport effortlessly delivers the pin-sharp handling of a thoroughbred, hitting apexes in its stride. A 50-kilogram weight reduction and firmer suspension, combined with a 1.90 meter rear wing and close-ratio transmission mean the Chiron Pur Sport radiates connection and feel between driver and road surface.

2021 saw the unveiling of Bugatti’s latest masterpiece – the Chiron Super Sport – which alongside the Pur Sport will make up the final 40 units of Bugatti’s 500-strong Chiron production run. As the quintessence of luxury and speed, the Chiron Super Sport has been designed to embrace supreme longitudinal speed without compromising luxury and comfort.

As such, the Chiron Super Sport is regarded as the ultimate Grand Tourisme, capable of crossing continents in a heartbeat. Defined by its longtail design, the Super Sport achieves extreme levels of aerodynamic efficiency, enabling the hyper sports car to reach speeds of up to 440 km/h. With an upgraded version of the renowned Bugatti 8.0-liter W16 engine, the Super Sport outputs 1,600PS – increasing power by 100PS over the base Chiron.

Significant Chiron milestones:
    March, 2017

First Chiron customer deliveries take place following its global unveiling at Geneva International Motorshow in 2016.

May, 2018

100th Chiron is delivered to a customer in the Middle East.

February, 2020

250th Chiron produced as limited production run of 500 units enters second half.

March, 2021

300th Chiron leaves the Atelier in Molsheim – a Pur Sport as one of just 60 vehicles.

November, 2021

Chiron Pur Sport and Super Sport to round off Chiron family production as final 40 units.

NürScud, BJK, Scuderia CC and 2 others like this.
  13. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Since production is coming to an end, when will we see the replacement by Mate Rimac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Are the Pur Sport and Super Sport part of the total 500 or built as extras? So 500+60+40?

15. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Yes they are part of 500 production.

Only Divo, LVN, Centodieci end Bolide are not.

amenasce likes this.
  16. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    350 km/h Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport // 1500 PS // Circuit Paul Ricard

-

0-300 km/h Bugatti Chiron Super Sport // Launch Control-Test, 1600 PS

Aerolithe57 likes this.
  17. elephantgrinds

BANNED

Oct 25, 2021