please educate me on Arnold and Sons | FerrariChat

please educate me on Arnold and Sons

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by IloveGT, May 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am ready to absorb any education, thanks!

2. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    If I recall they were one of many watch companies launched in the late 90s that used older heritage or dead lineage as a relaunch point for a new brand.

I saw one of their earlier watches back then and it’s quality was consistent with price. Which, at the time was mid market or a touch higher. I haven’t kept up with them but I think they are reputable and if you like one of their pieces I’d think it would be a fine watch. I can’t comment on current prices or values but I think they are well regarded.

That said, they never did much for me as I felt their designs, while traditional and well executed were nothing special (although I seem to recall a jump second being nice) and other brands could offer better history and execution of the classics.

just my recollection but I’d think TimeZone or some other forum may have more info.
    Best.

IloveGT likes this.
  3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    thanks! I just ran into its Time Pyramid, looks so good. The listing is 40k but it's on sale for 26k, so I became hesitant.... I don't trade or flip watches, so I am not too concern about its resale per se. But at the same time I just don't know how reliable the watch is and its maintenance by such niche manufacturer...

4. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    I don't really have any educational information to pass along but I recently became aware of them during a search for an appropriate appreciation/commemorative gift idea. I was looking for four watches, all the same, to be engraved with a date and chassis number. Ideally I would be able to customize some/any of the watch colors. They came up as an option. I was able to work through an AD, with the factory, to come up with a couple of different ideas and options that they sent mock ups of for review. We didn't do anything dramatically different, but just the little things we were able to do were a lot more thoughtful and applicable to the occasion than "just" something like a Rolex might have been. Not surprisingly, the Rolex road was short traveled as anything outside of their most basic models were considered special and getting 4 of the same would be a challenge (at least for my AD).

Anyway, just thought I would share a recent related experience with them. Estimated delivery in around 3 months.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

dsd and IloveGT like this.
  5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #5 IloveGT, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    simply beautiful! I also came to this brand when I was looking for a watch for my son. I ended up buying the IWC Ingenuier, as I love mine and wanted to introduce him to the brand. But I just can't stop thinking about Arnold and Son.

Definitely will ask your feedback after your watch arrives! It's so beautiful!!!

Elisesko likes this.
  6. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Thank you very much. It was a fun process and would for sure provide any feedback that I can. Here was a reverse option that didn't make the cut as I liked the flexibility of the black strap more.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I've never sold one and I've actually never seen one in person either. If you don't care about resale then you don't have much to worry about but just don't expect to get much back. On the other hand (no pun intended), they're very unique and the chances of seeing another person wearing one are close to 0.

If you ever get serious about pulling the trigger, I know an authorized dealer for one and can get you a discount most likely.

IloveGT and Elisesko like this.