Rolex Daytona in 2021 and beyond | FerrariChat

Rolex Daytona in 2021 and beyond

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by sainthoo, Apr 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I am not a watch aficionado by any means (turns out I’m clueless per below). I have a submariner, and I plan to give that to my youngest son when he goes to college in 6-7 years.

I want to replace it with a Daytona. I just asked the local jewelry store that serviced my Submariner about getting a Daytona. He told me they got 3 last year, and he has a list of 150....

Any advice on finding a dealer that can get me a watch in my lifetime? I realize how clueless I am, but I had no idea.

What I would like to get/ pics for interest.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    My wife and I each have two Rolex’s. We bought all of them from Gabe at Happy Jewelers in Fullerton, CA. He’s an official Rolex dealer and has at least 100 Rolex’s in his showcases. The one you want may be a special order. Look at his website and call him. Tell him Mike and Yvonne referred you to him.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Hawkeye and sainthoo like this.
  3. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    These 2 are not the hottest of the Oysterflex Daytona variants which will work in your favor but they're still over retail. The meteorite will be the priciest as it's quite rare, the white one will be high 30s to low 40s.

You can work out with the AD to get one but you'll probably have to purchase some other stuff first. In the end it all comes down to your desire and if you just want to pay the premium and get it or play the AD games and wait and maybe lose a bit depending on what you have to buy.

cls, dustman and sainthoo like this.
  4. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Holy cow, this watch thing is a rabbit hole.... I am now lost.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  5. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Eddie is exactly right. I’ll offer a third solution though. If you’re only after the one watch I’ll leverage my purchasing relationship with my ADs to get you one at cost (msrp plus my local tax). PM if you wanna do it...

carguyjohn350, VAF84, BT and 10 others like this.
  6. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    This is the best offer you will see on these. If you are serious, here is your chance.

7. Modena-fer

Modena-fer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    MIAMI
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I can get you a New Daytona but not in them colours,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’ve done several deals with Eddie above(flat plane eddie), as have many others here, and nothing but the highest recommendation for him.

JAM1 and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    wait till you try nautilus or aquanaut. It's just nut right now.

10. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    I am looking for the Same watch right now in wg. Impossible to find. Except grey market. I bought my first Daytona in 2006 for $6900. Oh how things have changed.

blkdiablo33 and Diehl Jones like this.
  11. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yeah, I was clueless. The watch collector world was previously utterly unknown to me. Good thing I am patient and have time.

VAF84 likes this.
  12. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Patiently waiting for a chocolate or newman oysterflex here... good thing I'm not holding my breath...

13. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Remember when the Aquanaut was unloved and nearly a pariah. Ah, the good old days :)

albert328gts and IloveGT like this.
  14. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i've been on a waiting list for a SS daytona for as long as i remember..... guessing they forgot about me

15. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    They are both very nice man!

16. Beachboy

Beachboy Rookie

Dec 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    John H
    Happy Jewelers may sell Rolex but they are not an “official Rolex dealer”. Rolex is in very short supply and high demand lately. No AD has many, let alone a 100+ in inventory. If you want a Daytona be prepared to go to a grey dealer (like Happy) and spend 1.5-3X the going retail. The other option is to get on a list at your favorite AD and wait a number of years. The situation sucks, but it is what it is.

Flea7 and mdrums like this.
  17. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Best offer is what Jam1 stated. I would definitely take him up on that offer!!!

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  18. stevegtsi

stevegtsi Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    I am looking for a used rolex president, any vintage or condition, if anyone has one for sale. Thanks

19. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    It is what the dealers and Rolex have made it to be. Not unlike Ferrari and how folks have to "develop" a relationship to get a special car. It's smart business I suppose.

20. laswyguy

laswyguy F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    Bob's watches and Chrono 24 to start?

21. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    At our jewelry store at Tysons Corner, official Rolex dealer, not one Rolex in the case!
    Crazy!

22. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Since this thread has been revived, is it really still years to buy new? Would like a Cosmograph Daytona in steel at retail or Submariner. Close friend of mine has turned me onto watches, he has a nice collection. He’s been telling me to buy used, but they seem to be much higher than retail price and I’m a bit weary of getting scammed. About ten years ago I bought a Tag Carrera, now I think I should have used that money towards a Rolex instead. BTW I probably need to start another thread, but anyone know if Tag’s hold up in value?

23. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Since this thread has started prices have gone up significantly.

Tags don't really hold value too well since they can be bought new at a good discount.

Modena-fer and VAF84 like this.
  24. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
  25. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Looks great! May have to put myself on a list.