430 - Defroster vents on dash | FerrariChat

430 Defroster vents on dash

Discussion in '360/430' started by DrivnXcitment, May 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrivnXcitment

DrivnXcitment Karting

Apr 29, 2006
    St. Augustine, FL
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Is there any aftermarket maker of the defroster vents? I saw Ricambi's and they look like the factory ones, and given how crappy the factory ones are, I didn't want to go that route only to have them expand, crack, and pop out again. Mine have popped and cracked per usual.

Do you have to remove the dash to install them? I am not sure how they exactly go in, but it looks like they screw in from the bottom?

Thanks!

2. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    unreelviper likes this.
  3. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #3 unreelviper, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    DrivnXcitment, I had the same problem 2 years ago with my 05 F430 spider. I too used these aluminum vents made by Rizzo308. With his vents, you will never have to worry about the stickiness or worping of the vents again. Unfortunately, you will have to take the dash out to mount the vents. It's definitely worth the time and effort to change them out. Good luck!

4. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Another vote for Rizzo’s vents. Billet aluminum that look powder coated. The screws go down from the top and attach under the dash with a large area washer and a stop nut. You will have to remove the dash to replace the old vents.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

unreelviper likes this.