Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 194 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I used the name Lance in the Lance thread lol. Lance is ahead of Vettel. Vettel is new to the team and car. Yet as others observe, Vettel has changed little overall. The Lance Family can claim superiority. Yet when compared to his actual contemporaries, he shows little indication of the skill, speed Norris and others show. Would you hire Lance? I would not. If fired now by his father, he leaves F1. Nice track day instructor. Its more about how much has changed for Vettel vs Lance.

Lance pushing the team forward? A true leader, getting more out of the car than should be possible? No evidence so far. He is faster than a failing Vettel. How slow Vettel has become he should be LOL. This story is about Vettel. If the season continues and shows Lance ahead the commentary will be utterly about Vettel's total fall.

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Lance improved massively, but he's still crap, that alone makes you wonder how bad he was in his first years!!! The worst rookie ever on the words of some!

Nortonious likes this.
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Mazepin looks truly clueless though to be fair the car is crap. Mick just puts his head down and gets on with it.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually the story might change: If Vettel remains the underdog (and I'm by no means certain he will) the team might pull the plug and bring in the Hulk. That would change things dramatically.

DF1 likes this.
  5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    For once I agree with one of your comments. Mazepin is beyond hope. And I actually like what Mick is doing with the crap car duking it out with the Williams guys. Bravo to never giving up.

DF1, jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I think Vettel will see his contract out, I fear.
    I don't believe it will come to him being ousted out before season end.
    Too many implications in a rushed departure probably ...

DF1 likes this.
  7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Haas is really at a low ebb this season, on all accounts.

DF1 likes this.
  8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well somebody has to be last. Up to now it was Williams.

And to be fair: a crap car like Haas F1 would still drive circles around most race cars on the planet

9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Since he is the official ambassador for Aston Martin I don't think they will sack him, no matter what.

But he might call it quits because "he is getting tired of driving in a circle". Haven't we heard that one before? :cool:

ingegnere and william like this.
  10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    AM is 7th in Constructor points with 5 and looks likely to finish the season in 7th or perhaps 6th. Vettel has yet to score a point while being paid $15MM a season. I don't think the math is going to work for Uncle Larry. If Seb doesn't start scoring points I could see Hulkenberg getting a start or two.

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I thought Vettel had a 2-year contract, but maybe not.
    Based on present form, I can't see him driving for the team next year, but one never knows ...
    The issue of his replacement at AM will soon arise.

DF1 likes this.
  12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Where's Vettel going after AM? Haas or Williams?

The slow decline down the pitlane.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Daddy is nobody's fool,i would think he has a clause in that 2 yr contract in case Vettel underperforms they could 'let him go'.

375+ likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I think he will retire. I cannot see him bouncing back in another team.

Vettel is damage goods now, and I'm even surprised Lawrence Stroll took him on.

Stroll should have tried to recruit Russell, also in Mercedes' orbit. I don't think Toto would have objected to that.

tifosi12 likes this.
  15. DF1

Oh be he needs the WDC on adverts in the Aston dealer showrooms lol :)

I think he wanted Vettel to help mature the team. Not so easy when you have a clone you do not understand. Lack the engineering depth to modify the car you dont understand and Vettel has zero experience with Mercedes power. He needs better staff not more Mercedes tech or Vettel. George would have been an interesting choice!

william likes this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Russell has half the number of F1 starts as Lance, Team Stroll would not want a direct comparison between the two. I'm sure that Vettel's contract has performance clauses, he needs to get some points on the board now.

Bas likes this.
  17. DF1

Yes Sr Stroll will have explicit terms for performance. I would not think the contract would not be with those. He counts every cent of worth at all times. If the lack of points is long term, I think Vettel would ask or inform the team he would leave. I cannot see him staying to finish below top 10 for so many more races in the new team.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    One can only hope that Aston Martin will have learnt their lesson about copying a design.

Hopefully the team will regroup in view of the new rules next year, beef up their design team and produce their own car.

Also, perhaps a harsh decision will have to be made concerning Vettel if he doesn't improve during the rest of the season.

DF1 likes this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    A performance related contract is sometime the spur needed to relaunch a fading career.

It worked for Nelson Piquet at Benetton, if I am right, and also for Kimi Raikkonen after a sabatical when he joined Lotus.

Hunger is a powerful motivator !

DF1 likes this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Correct although Lotus ultimately stiffed Kimi.

Nortonious likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I think they underestimated Kimi, and couldn't afford him in the end!

22. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    He has a few moments, but too many are bad. I did enjoy a little of his jousting with Alonso.

Bas likes this.
  23. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Jousting is a good description of Stroll's driving. Was worried he was going to juke right into FA.

375+ and Nortonious like this.
  24. DF1