Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Max was pitting as he thought he was instructed. There was some confusion on "this lap" vs "next lap" on team radio as I recall. (but fwiw I wish RBR had pit Max a few laps later).

Yes, I think Max could have held ham off had ham not been able to risk a 2nd tyre change (presumed Checo being closer and challenging bottas). And also unfortunate that Max didn't have a set of Medium tyres left.

I'm not so sure. I think Max is absolutely making the most of a RB car that might still be slightly inferior to the Merc. In order for Max to win, RB strategy needs to be spot on as does his driving. Merc is bringing a more robust package to the grid for ham each race, with car, strategy, and a dutiful bottas tailgunner.

stavura, Picchu88, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Quoted from Wikipedia:

"The expression "the elephant in the room (or "the elephant in the living room") is a metaphorical idiom in English for an important or enormous topic, question,

or controversial issue that is obvious or that everyone knows about but no one mentions or wants to discuss because it makes at least some of them

uncomfortable and is personally, socially, or politically embarrassing, controversial, inflammatory, or dangerous."

Having to read about Hamilton's success in a F1 forum makes some people cringe with embarrassment.

That's not what they expect on a Ferrari website, but they can't ignore it.

So, they will try to spin the facts to their advantage, diminish their their value, etc ...

3. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    When Hamilton wins his 8th WDC this year, along with all of his other records, is there really any reason for him to stay in F1 after this year No one will ever beat his records in an apples to apples contest. The same can be said for Mercedes. Why not sell the team and remain an engine supplier...and save lots of money? As for "race on Sunday, sell on Monday"...those days are long gone. And nothing in F1 technology offers me anything that I would want in a car. They're just smart phones on wheels.

4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    #504 jpalmito, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    So for some here Hamilton crtics would be racists?
    How could the moderators tolerate such insanity?

Nortonious likes this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    There is no guarantee of that !!

6. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Not to you. But the original question wasn't about "worth" it was about "love for racing" and whether ham loved it enough to do so in a non-dominant car.

It's all conjecture, but I couldn't see him accepting such a position. Same as I imagine him doing all he can to prevent Russell from taking Bottas seat.

7. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I know what the colloquialism "elephant in the room" means, but you still aren't answering the why?

People don't want to read about Hamilton's F1 success? Why?

It's a Ferrari forum as you stated, but you didn't say people cringe at embarrassment because Merc is winning races. You said it was due to Hamilton's success.

So what is it william? Why do those that critique Hamilton cringe in embarrassment at his success?

Please elaborate.

355TDI likes this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #508 william, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    That's because you have a poor opinion of him, so you try to tarnish his character by any means.

I don't speculate on that.

What about Senna preventing Warwick to join Lotus, or Prost blocking Senna from coming to Williams, etc ...

There are probably similar clauses included in drivers' contracts that the public never gets to know.

9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't think I need to elaborate.

I don't like you nit-picking attitude.

10. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Hamilton has benefitted from the greatest ever car and greatest ever team in F1 history. It's a fact.

Many don't like his prickly princess attitude. That's also a fact.

What's your point ?

stavura, Bas, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah Rosberg and Bottas are benefitting as well, it's not fair Rosberg and Bottas are breaking all these records and have the most wins and championships.

12. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    So William, our little banter began over my query re: your own words:

"So [ham] loves racing, but only in a dominant car"

Since then I've gotten these little gems from you:

no william, you really do need to elaborate.

I was merely discussing the hypothetical that ham would not love racing enough to drive a non-dominant car.

And for that you have called me spiteful and claimed I will tarnish Hamilton by any means.

do you also suggest I cringe at Hamilton's success for a reason you choose not to elaborate?

is it really nit-picking when I ask you to clarify your accusations? Is the accusation so foul it cannot be posted here, but yet you will continuously make insinuations?

You either need to spit it out, or cease and desist.

Giallo 550, fil and jpalmito like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Let’s sum up the grievances about Hamilton.

-Some don’t like he isn’t looking for a new team to prove his worth
    -Some thinks, rightfully so, that he has no merits beating an average teammate
    -some think he is very lucky and see the fia helping him
    -some think he is an hypocrite and speaks about certain p&r topics which don’t align with his profession
    -some think he is trying to be Gangsta whilst he is not
    -some think he is not up to the level of heroes of the past

Bottom line you can’t please everyone, that’s okay, but he is a pretty darn consistent driver and has won everywhere. Not my GOAT but he deserves more respect than what he gets as a driver here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Pal
    His driving skills have never been questioned. Just the fable that his worshipers want us to believe.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Well I know but I wish people were more respectful. I mean I’m an utopist.
    I didn’t like Schumacher but when I met him I said hello , I didn’t tell him he was crap or an *******.
    I think Lewis is also very good at the politics side of f1, I think he got very fortunate in his career, love his life that he created for himself.
    If I do listen to him I don’t think he claimed to be the goat etc. I’m sure he thinks it but he is just a guy living his dreams. We should all try and do that!

Terra likes this.
  16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

It must be admitted that if there were not this overwhelming domination of Mercedes since 8 years, no one would care about his antics or his small manipulations to avoid facing a more dangerous driver than Bottas ( Russell ).

Nortonious likes this.
  17. JG26_Irish

JG26_Irish Rookie

Dec 22, 2011
    Hamilton is no doubt the best driver of his era if not the GOAT (the stats support that). Max is a great talent who is still suffering from the negative self talk that comes out when one loses over and over again. He is already one of the best in the rain and is clearly in the top five or six on the grid today. Max just needs to keep thinking that he can win. Bottas needs to be shown the door. He is a good qualifier and fast but does not have the will to dominate or the courage to fight for the win. When pressured, he rolls over and cedes the position. It is time for Toto to move Russell up to the big boy team. Russell has already shown that he is as fast as Bottas and he wants to win and knows how if given half a chance. Lewis is going to retire someday (maybe soon) and MB-AMG will need a worthy successor and I can think of nobody better than Russell to wear that mantle. Mick Schumacher maybe as #2? He is still getting his legs under him but...

ktu likes this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Once again, your appreciation of Hamilton is defensible. I do not share it because I remain convinced that a record must be contextualized.

19. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Mick at Merc! Oooh, I think a chill went down my spine. He's a Ferrari Driver Academy product, so I think that move is unlikely.

I am torn on Russell to Merc as Bottas' replacement. George has certainly earned the seat IMHO. For the pure spectacle, it would be great racing seeing Russell and ham duke it out, and certainly more entertaining than the F1 racing product of the last few years.

But as Tifosi, it would make Merc a much stronger team and right now I am just hoping the new 2022 Formula gives the red cars some more opportunity. So with that I say Mazepin and Stroll to Merc for 2022.

jpalmito likes this.
  20. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Are you new to Fchat?

fer312t and william like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

I agree it’s all about context and different eras.

Im not sure what small manipulations we are referring to ?

22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The little manipulations of Hamilton?
    Mentioned directly from Mercedes staff member to Canal plus reporters (usually Hamilton fans) according to which Hamilton was very angry against Mercedes for his replacement by Russell in Bahrain. This is corroborated by his hasty return to abu dhabi while he was still physically weakened.

Bas and Nortonious like this.
  23. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    Facts

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

fer312t and ktu like this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I never seen a driver who was happy to miss a race or be replaced

fer312t and william like this.
  25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Is it so hard for you to see things in moderation?
    Things are not as radical and contrary to what you believe, the vast majority of participants in this forum recognize his qualities.
    I just have too much history in this sport to accept being taken for an idiot.

Bas and RobertJRB like this.