leather conditioner for az? | FerrariChat

leather conditioner for az?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by sunghyun7, May 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    for those who had their Fcars in AZ for at least few years or more, what do you guys use for leather cleaner & conditioner? just the way the F12 dash & seats feel, these feel pretty delicate especially for our dry & hot climate.

2. CSX55

CSX55 Rookie

Mar 30, 2021
    Tucson, AZ
    I haven't had my Fcar that long but I have been in AZ a long time, I am a big fan of Leather Honey and sunshades/window tint to protect the interior as much as possible from the sun. They make separate a cleaner (liquid concentrate that goes in a spray bottle) and conditioner (viscous moisturizer that is applied by hand).

Cleaner - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HU6N3LK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_FWJVNNYT27RCA030KGM2

Conditioner - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IS3HV0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_6AGRKDMAY8V14S893JBG

sunghyun7 likes this.
  3. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Have always used Leatherique products, but can't say how they hold up in direct sunlight. My cars don't sit outside in the AZ sun very often.

sunghyun7 likes this.
  4. Nafiz Ali Khan

Nafiz Ali Khan Karting

Jul 19, 2006
    Phoenix
    Make sure you keep a sunshade in the car if you’re going to park in direct sun out here. Also might consider taking it out only if you can park in a garage.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    i ended up using leatherique. little complicated to use honestly and little messy with all the carbon around. and i'm not really sure if it did anything. all i am told by my gf was that my hands felt really soft after i rubbed the leatherique into the f12 for an hour straight. all that tacky stuff being dirty crap that "floats" on top of leather is absolutely a gimmick. it's just the texture of the product as it dries. either way, after i'm done with the bottle, not sure if i would buy it again. it just may be some vege oil.

6. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Leatherique is applied in 2 steps. If you leave the gooey stuff on without using the "pristine clean" to wipe it off, you'll never rub the gooey stuff off. It does work wonders on old dry or cracked leather..... and is a good product for removing dirt or heavily soiled areas. If your leather already looks good, perhaps there is a better product out there to condition it.