430 - Can Anyone Help Me With These Codes? | FerrariChat

430 Can Anyone Help Me With These Codes?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Extreme1, Jul 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I just hooked up my Launch X431 and got these codes:
    Right Bank Engine- U0029 Bus A Performance
    Malfunction
    P1059 Vehicle Speed Signal
    P0464 Fuel Level Sensor "A"
    Circuit Intermittent

Left Engine Bank- U0142 No Comm. With Nbc
    P2069 Fuel Level Sensor "B"
    Circuit Intermittent Low

Suspension Module
    Sachs Skyhook- U1706 No Comm. With NFR

The car runs great and there is no CEL. Anyone tell me what these mean and how to fix them? I looked on the codes list in another post, and they are not listed. It's a 2009 F430.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Most look like a low battery condition on start or otherwise

Did you have a dead or weak battery ..was it replaced?

If car is running fine ..print out .. reset dtc and check again in 50 miles or so

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I bought the car in February and just bought the Launch for doing maintenance and F1 flushing.
    It’s been on a trickle charger the whole time, when I’m not driving it. I’ve got a battery load tester I can use to check the battery.

Why do you think it’s a low battery? Do those codes indicate a low battery?

Sorry, I’m still learning about the car and want to learn everything I can :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If battery is good now and you keep it charged ..it might have been before the new battery was put in by PO ..

How old is battery ?

In most modern cars when you have a weak or low battery especially when starting you get a lot of communication errors which you have

I would print them out ..reset and monitor

5. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I’ll have to check on the battery date. It’s a red Optima and was in the car when I bought it, so I don’t know how old it is.
    The car starts very quickly every time, and the trickle charger shows “charged” shortly after plugging it in.

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Ok if more than 5 years it may be questionable .. but from what you tell me it may have been replaced by PO ..

I would monitor after reset and let me know if battery tester shows "good"

7. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Just did a load test on the battery. It shows in the “green”, but at the lower portion of it. I haven’t driven the car in 2 weeks, but it’s been on the trickle charger.
    I can’t see the date on the battery while it’s in the car. It’s a red Optima 34R.
    I’ll start shopping for a new battery and reset the codes and see what happens.
    My main concern was that I’m not doing any damage to the car by driving it.

8. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    The codes may just be history codes that were never cleared by the technician. If you have the Launch Tech USA you can save the codes, clear them, drive the car, and read the codes again. If you don't see them repeated you're good to go.

Ray

9. gmax66

gmax66 Rookie

Apr 25, 2015
    Hi guys, I have error U1706 in my 2009 F430 spider F1, do you have solve it? Thank you! Marcello

Enviado desde mi SM-N986B mediante Tapatalk

10. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Have a look on Amazon for a volt meter that plugs into the power socket between the seats. When you press start, see how far the volts drop when the starter engages. If the battery is getting past its best the volts will drop too much and you get all sorts of codes. This voltmeter is very small so you can put in the glove box if not in use but handy to carry

11. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Wondering if you found out what caused the codes. I have the exact same codes on my car, and the car runs perfectly fine. Came across this thread, so I bought a new battery since it's been 5 years since i owned the car, i was shocked to find the old battery to be 11 years old and working fine. Put new battery in, no difference. Try to clear the codes and they persisted, even though a lot of other misc. codes went away (suspension, gearbox, abs etc, i had a feeling those were voltage related since they only came up recently as I scan the car a lot more)

12. Andrie

Andrie Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2015
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrie Hartanto
    I suspect those codes are not real codes. I don’t know what else to say. I have looked into 3 F430 and all of them have similar codes including mine, but run fine.

kiryu likes this.
  13. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    not real codes...wow....ok. thanks for sharing I didnt know it's that common

14. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    What volts do you drop too when the starter engages ?