This will probably be the most powerful F355 ever. | Page 5 | FerrariChat

This will probably be the most powerful F355 ever.

Discussion in '348/355' started by Flavio_C, Jan 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Those are some impressive figures. Maxwell mentioned that the 355 intake manifold is not boost friendly, so I expect there to be some updates coming from this build addressing that once the OE pieces start to fatigue.

Those sure are blanket statements.

tres55 likes this.
  2. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    Such a Testarossa engine lasts 200,000km without problems with good maintenance. The Koenig's Specials Ferrari Turbos were always broken. Even the F40 engine never lasts long without an engine overhaul. With a turbo conversion you finance the end of the engine. The engines were not built for the higher loads. This is always at the expense of the material.

3. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    So, 512tr cv outputs well below crankshaft centerline (resulting in higher engine placement in chassis) results in better center of gravity in comparison to F355 8 cylinders and cv outputs well above crankshaft centerline?

Also considering of course aluminum vs composite plenums, flywheel/clutch weight?

To me that is counter intuitive.

4. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    No, I don't have an aluminum flywheel. It should lead to an irregular engine run. I have a reinforced gear main shaft. Higher compression, different timing and different software from Ferrari. It is important how much weight is behind the rear axle. For this I will have the Tubistyle exhaust made of aluminum. At the front I have a carbon Imola spoiler with an extra carbon splitter and at the rear a carbon challenge wing and grille. Next year conversion to light battery and plastic windows and doors, hoods, fenders, headlights made of carbon. Nitron shock absorbers ... The conversion was approved by Ferrari 2000, the last 512 with modern body...

5. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    There is no comparison of a 355 to any 12 cylinder F-car. They are two completely different cars. As for the 355 talked about in this thread....I doubt it will last that long.

6. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    How is that 348 Challenge that was turbocharged doing? Curious to know how reliable it has been

Juan-Manuel Fantango likes this.
  7. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    Has there never been an original turbo-charged 348 Challenge?
    A friend of mine has a 348 Turbo. The car is just standing there and we are spared. Something could break.
    It is suicide to convert such an old engine to turbo. I spent a lot of time converting my 512tr engine to modern soft turbo. Doesn't use it for real, because you can't use the power permanently. There are hardly any replacements for the old engines. All that remains is to convert to an electric car if the engine is broken. A friend of mine has a 360 Stradale Novitec compressor. When driving on the racetrack, he always has problems with the intake temperature after 2 laps. When accelerating, there is always a time delay until full power comes. He has 3 motors to change and 2 of them are always broken. Always problems. Allways mucht to repair....All these Super Turbo cars are fore sale or not driven.

8. foresterguy

foresterguy Rookie

May 22, 2015
    Full Name:
    Steve M.
    There have been at least a couple if not more. The Koenig turbo car and the yellow Maxwell twin-turbo car come to mind. Which one were you wondering about?

9. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    This one:

Juan-Manuel Fantango likes this.
  10. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
  11. eyboro

eyboro Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2004
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Eitan
    Whats the 0-60 and top speed of this 355?

12. foresterguy

foresterguy Rookie

May 22, 2015
    Full Name:
    Steve M.
    I can speak to that one but not the Koenig car. No issues since I've owned it these past several years. Several thousand miles of boosting in various temperatures and it hasn't given me a single problem. No oil seepage/leaks anywhere. Everything works as it should. The engineering by Maxwell on it is pretty amazing. It's been flogged but it's also been taken care of and kept in a climate-controlled facility year-round. It's not driven in the Winter months.

13. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  14. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  15. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3