Lost a wiper | FerrariChat

Lost a wiper

Discussion in '308/328' started by Brian Harper, May 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Has anyone purchased a windshield wiper bade for a 308 recently? '83 QV if it matters. Any tips on what fits the metal wiper arm? Bosch says the C1806 fits but it doesn't. Or both I and the auto parts guy couldn't figure how it stays on. Trico says the Exact Fit 18-1 fits, but there are none in my area that I can find. And I'm afraid it won't really fit like the Bosch.

Long story is that I was driving on the freeway and I saw a conical thing on the right side of my lane. I had no trouble with a little left lane bias to go right by it. I realized it was a pigeon as soon as I got close to it, and at that same instant it took off into my path. (For those in the Bay Area, it was 880 in north San Jose during weekday afternoon traffic. How in the world was there even a moment of time that there was a big enough pause in traffic that a pigeon could even have time to land??) It hit a little with the hood and then hard right at the passenger side base of the windshield. It went up and over the car, thankfully not into the open cockpit. But it took the wiper right off the arm. No permanent paint marks to the hood, the white dust prints it left behind cleaned right up. But not only is the wiper gone, the adapter for the blade is broken. So I need everything that goes on the end of the metal arm.

2. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Works every time! Right after posting I found a Car Quest store near me that had a Trico Exact Fit 18-1. It does indeed fit my wiper arm. Too late to delete the thread, so here you have a post for future reference.

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  3. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I used Bosch Excel+ 41918 Wiper Blade - 18" (Amazon Prime, about $10 each). These have 7mm bayonet insert with a clean look. (I have a pair of original wire style Carello arms found on eBay but haven't gotten around to painting them black yet!)