FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2021: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2021: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Slow corners, traction advantage, I think it goes to RBR. Those cars do get the power down quickly...never go backwards at the starts.

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I am truly sad tonight to see Max and Charles wasted their best years as drivers while for the past 4 years a driver like Bottas is unable to represent any threat to Hamilton in this fantastic Mercedes.

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Everyone wants Ham's seat. It will go to either Max or Chuck. Likely Max. If Max went to MB and MB's new car is as good as the old one, it will be the Schumi days all over again. Max has the same capability of freaky speed that Schumi used to have.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Bottas is Barrichello or Massa by another name. Or Mark Webber.

He is there to secure the WCC and that he does. He is NOT supposed to challenge for the WDC.

5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I know, I know.:(

6. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Nice drive by Max, Mercedes is still the far superior car, and much better pit wall strategy time and time again. We have been conned again by Toto about the Mercedes pace. Bottas defines mediocrity. Leclerc was awesome again and really hoping the big changes next year help him get the Ferrari he truly deserves to take the fight to Mercedes and Red Bull. I think Crofty is so terrible and biased I might even be missing Leigh Diffey, who is he related to that allows him to still be tormenting viewers with his inane drivel?

stavura, Picchu88, ingegnere and 3 others like this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Everything is said :

@Max33Verstappen
    getting asked how he could avoid such a situation like today, which was similar to 2019 Hungary: "Just need a faster car. Then you don‘t find yourself in that situation."

kes7u likes this.
  8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This talk about Red Bull's second driver being treated like a second-class citizen reminds me of Jim Clark's days at Lotus, when the exact same thing was said about their number-two driver!

william and jpalmito like this.
  9. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    A master class from MB. Meanwhile, back in the midfield, a good drive by Charles and a competent performance by Ferrari.
    Nothing to open the champagne about.
    But, a lot better than last year.

stavura, ingegnere, Picchu88 and 3 others like this.
  10. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    It amuses me that for some of you whoever is HAM's team mate is 'not a top 10 driver' whereas VER's team mate is simply outclassed by Max's genius ;->

It's clear that VER and HAM are the class of the field, both substantially quicker than their teamates and very closely matched in the 2021 cars. Both are driving better than they ever have.

LEC is clearly very talented and NOR shows potential, but neither quite have the car to show if they are really a match for HAM and VER. Should be an interesting season.

11. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    FTFY

jpalmito likes this.
  12. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I would rate all three higher than Bottas. Where has Bottas shown that he is on the same level as Massa in 2008?

13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Wolff outfoxes Horner.

Giallo 550, william and F2003-GA like this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    If Bottas was Massa he would have a couple of titles since Massa was faster than elton...

Giallo 550 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    What is clear is that the Mercedes is 1 step ahead of the red bull and max is one step ahea dof Elton, wich kinda compensate things...I'm also convinced Charles is faster than both of them.

stavura, Bas and Giallo 550 like this.
  16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Ah We forgot this poor Russell who weekend after weekend produces breathtaking performances with his williams but who had the misfortune to indirectly overshadow Lewis last year in Bahrain..

17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    #242 crinoid, May 9, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Guys this shake up is insane! Mercedes won, I can’t remember the last time this happened.

kes7u, stavura, Bas and 4 others like this.
  18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Horner needs to get his S**t together

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Well done Charles next up is a podium

635CSI, jpalmito and crinoid like this.
  20. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Glad i don't watch it live anymore. Watched the start, then FF to 10, 30, 50, 62. Even my wife could tell me the finish before the start. 17 sec lead for Ham. This is NOT racing.

21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Exactly. Watching the highlights and wrap up show are more than enough.

Jeronimo GTO and ingegnere like this.
  22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Max maybe would have been better off not passing HAM at the start and so RB would not have the psychological block of initiating a 2-stop because as leader you don’t want to give up the lead.

Anyway good race, stayed interesting almost to the end. Good race by Ferrari—pretty much confirmed 3rd best car, which is what was expected for and best we could hope for.

Would love to know how many times in the past couple years VET and RAI finished 12/13 or 13/14 or vice versa. It’s uncanny and unfortunately a reflection of their current performance.

23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I’m convinced Merc was playing games at the pre-season testing so to give RB a sniff of potential success and divert attention, even a little, from 2022.

On the other hand, Bottas is not an automatic 2nd or lucky winner when something happens to HAM, so maybe Merc have lost some relative competitiveness to RBR as also evidenced by their performance on Saturday.

crinoid and Jeronimo GTO like this.