Opinions on best way to sell 930 3.0? | FerrariChat

Opinions on best way to sell 930 3.0?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by steveintoronto, May 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Hey guys, I realize I have been fortunate in the past when moving on classic cars that I have always had a buyer waiting. Time has come to move on my 930, and I am feeling some trepidation about where to post it.

It's a nice driver, not a concours car.

I like the idea of BringaTrailer, as it has a large international audience, but am somewhat put off by all of the commenters with no interest in buying who make the seller jump through hoops nonetheless.

PCarMarket is a quieter alternative, but I'm don't know if they have sufficient traffic to ensure a sale.

The local Porsche dealer will sell it on consignment, but that is a more expensive route.

I'm also curious if the cars in the back of Panorama, the PCA Magazine, see much interest?

Not sure if this is the right forum to solicit opinions, and I apologize if it is not, but I would appreciate any input.

2. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    A friend of mine used a broker who specializes in marketing/selling on BAT. He was not only really happy with the result (he actually got more than he expected), but he didn't have to deal directly with BAT "peanut gallery", etc... I thought this was a best of both worlds scenario. Just a suggestion...

3. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Specs, pics and price? Daily driver 930? Right up my alley.

4. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    What do brokers charge to as advertise and sell in bat?

5. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    cgt000 likes this.
  6. steveintoronto

steveintoronto Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. Never thought of having a broker advertise on BAT, hopefully their fees would be made up for in a better end price because they know what they are doing. I will look into that.