Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    What about that little qualifying incident at Monaco ?

355TDI likes this.
  2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The day he lost control of his car at the rascasse in 2006 just before the end of qualifying session?:D

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

In fine you are right but I’m sorry you are still wrong. Those guys have not been beaten. Come back when their records are beaten.
    Additionally you are comparing apple and oranges for the guys whose records DID get beat, as u pointed training is different, knowledge is different, there are more races every years, guy start younger so you can’t compare or at least compare fairly.
    And I’m a former probaskrtball player so I know my history. Bill Russell- 11 titles, 13 season. U are picking the wrong person to talk basketball to lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomhauer and surfwolf like this.
  4. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Could someone direct me to the Hamilton Sucks thread. I'm lost.:D

kes7u and jpalmito like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s been renamed by a mod

6. Natkingcolebasket69

He lost his cool to my main man jaques Villeneuve in 97. I Rmbr being so happy when Villeneuve overtook him.

Terra likes this.
  7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I remember almost crying because of the lost title for Ferrari.
    With hindsight this maneuver was not glorious (like Monaco in 2006), and irony Villeneuve admitted later he was way too fast in the turn and without the crash with Michael he would have finished in the gravel trap..
    Monaco 2006 obviously cost Michael the 2006 title too because without the penalty he would have finished at worst the race in second position.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I didn't cry that time, i was just angry at him...but i did cry when Ayrton trammed Prost at Suzuka...that was just so unfair and dirty, and unlike Michae's it was premiditated wich makes it a lot worse

jpalmito likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Well both 1994 and 97 from
    Michael were intentional.
    He deserved the 94 title as the better driver for sure But he should have lost it... had hill been more patient schumi was done.

william likes this.
  10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    #435 jpalmito, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    You’re right, the Suzuka « attack » in 1990 will remain as the worst move in the history of F1 world champions. We must remember that the whole grid was launched at full speed on this first high-speed curve.
    Very very dangerous.

375+ likes this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

12. Natkingcolebasket69

He deserved it but 94 was totally shameful what he did in Australia. Never liked the dude, met him in Monterey and he was a complete prick just like the man he was on tv.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..Others would desagree....he was certainly ruthless as a driver but, as a person he was very much praised by those who knew him and worked with him. He was also someone who did a lot for charity and unlike others, tried to do it in the shadows.

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Indeed things are not as Manichaean.
    Fact is that he was totally adored by a good part of the scuderia and this was not due only to his results.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Doing charity doesn’t make anyone a good person lol

william and Boomhauer like this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I supose not, but i can't stop feeling respect for someone who gives something (even if for him mean little) without expecting something in return, mnay give many, but they aren't shy about it.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

I don’t believe many do it expect nothing in return, just to give so that the conscience is clear is in itself an expectation, isn’t it?

18. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Respect where it’s due, well done to Ham on reaching 100 poles. Love him or hate him, that’s one hell of a record.

Boomhauer and william like this.
  19. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    All one hundred poles were achieved because of self driving AI in the McLaren and Mercedes AMG cars. Hamilton’s talent, skill, consistency and nerve had nothing to do with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GerryD and Boomhauer like this.
  20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yet another denier trying to dismiss Hamilton's achievement.

It makes you wonder why Hamilton's team mates didn't make better use of the same "self driving" equipment.

21. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    It’s called British sarcasm, sorry you didn’t get it. I was actually poking at Hamilton’s detractors who argue with hard cold facts to push their agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Was it fair when Alain did it the year before in Suzuka 1989? Prost decided to take the dirty way to championship, so I can't feel sorry for him when revenge hit back a year later. Ayrton used some dirty tricks, but Prost was no angel himself (though his fans like to paint a picture of him as clean and innocent driver). I have huge respect for both as drivers; but both the played the same game. Bashing Senna alone for those incidents is revionism at its finest.

23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Senna had made a habit of forcing the passage with Prost, knowing that the Frenchman would yield.
    Just before Suzuka 1989 Prost had openly announced that this time he will not leave the door open and that is what he did.
    The turning point was the 1988 Grand Prix of Portugal where Senna almost sent him into the wall of the stands at more than 280 km/h when Prost wanted to overtake him. This episode also affected 1989 and 1990.

24. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    True, my point was that both had an ego that didn't take a loss well. And the driver this thread is focused on, also has that kind of ego.

jpalmito likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Another masterclass from Lewis and Mercedes today .

Terra, william, 355TDI and 3 others like this.