The Last Bugatti Racing Cars | FerrariChat

The Last Bugatti Racing Cars

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Zeltweg, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    Has anyone on fchat ordered the book The Last Bugatti Racing Cars? The book’s website says all 255 copies are sold out as of April 23, 2021. I emailed Horton’s Books in early January to reserve a copy. Wondering if anyone here did the same or have more information about the book.

https://theeb110book.com/

Dino2400 likes this.
  2. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Same here, contacted Hortons and publisher directly on the website you mentioned above. Both with zero result.

3. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    I emailed Ben Horton yesterday to check on the status. He replied today that I have an order in place for the book since I made the request before the deadline. Might be a good idea check back in with Hortons.

4. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    The book should be released later this year, according to Ben Horton itself - last year they found some new materials and they decided to add it to the book.
    And yes, I preorder it in 2020 before Andy Massen left Horton's bookshop. I have a Le Man Edition book (#21 out of 110) reserved ever since.

Dino2400 and Zeltweg like this.
  5. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    I think with a little more patience everything will be ok. Book will indeed be released later this year.

Zeltweg and ChoroQ like this.
  6. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    Congrats on reserving a Le Mans edition. The blue cover looks stunning.

ChoroQ likes this.
  7. ChoroQ

ChoroQ Karting

Jan 20, 2014
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.C.
    Thank you so much @Zeltweg. At the time I preorder it, I had possibility to chose which one I would like the most - they send me some additional photos too.
    IMSA edition was/is wonderful too, but the classic blue was love at first sight for me! :)

And what was your choice?

8. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    It hasn’t been confirmed which edition I will get, but my preference is definitely the Le Mans edition. I indicated my preference to Hortons. However, I would be equally pleased with a silver cover IMSA edition.

ChoroQ likes this.
  9. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    On the lastbugattiracingcars IG account Johann Petit told me that it will take some patience, but the book “will be atomic.”

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Dino2400 and ChoroQ like this.
  10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Amazing cars. I saw the silver car at Daytona 24 in 1996 and took this photo. Very fast on the banking passing almost everything until it hit the infield and everything tried to repass. Rather heavy compared to the prototypes.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud, ChoroQ, gt4me and 1 other person like this.
  11. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    That’s a fantastic photo! Also, very cool to get a firsthand account of how it did at Daytona. Thanks for sharing.

12. markst270

markst270 Karting

Aug 5, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Cory
    Will this book ever be released? Tried contacting the company no reply must be a language thing, My order is still with Hortons, placed 3 years ago, but there is pictures of the book on the Web ??

Zeltweg likes this.
  13. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    The book was ready to released over a year ago but the author found more information to include while promoting the book. There were ‘finished books’ for demonstration, however the content is not finished. I assume the recent 30th anniversary of the EB110 is also to blame, since their may be additional content the author wishes to add.

14. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    The website of the book project is no longer available - that's not very promising ...

Zeltweg likes this.
  15. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    Hopefully, it’s just a technical issue with the site. It’s probably worth dropping a note to Ben Horton to see if the book has been cancelled. Thanks for pointing that out.

16. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    No technical problem, it just doesn't exist any longer ...

17. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    Yesterday I reached out to the author (Johann Petit) regarding the book and he got back to me a few minutes ago. According to him the book is still on, and the plan is for printing to begin in a few days. He is not sure why the website is down and he thinks it will be back up soon.

18. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Unfortunately, I was too late with my order last year. :(
    I hope to a new copy on the secondary market.

19. markst270

markst270 Karting

Aug 5, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Cory
    I Ordered 2 years ago from Hortons So hopefully will still be honoured as they didn’t take a deposit ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BimmerM5 and Zeltweg like this.
  20. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    #20 Zeltweg, Aug 21, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    Rosey and Buchpilot like this.
  21. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    A copy of the blue Le Mans Edition is available at Hortons for 800 euros (685 GBP). Original sales price has been 459 euros.

22. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    OK, but as this is going to be a hell of a book, I ordered it ;), although I would have been happy not to be asleep when it was first announced, so that I would have gotten it without a considerable premium ... :rolleyes:

Zeltweg and gt4me like this.
  23. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    It will make you feel better to know you haven’t paid a premium. The book now has 100 more pages and is more expensive than the initial book. The book was expanded to cover the EB110 GT, not just the racing campaign.

Originally, the publisher planned 110 ISMA editions, 110 LM editions, and 35 Publisher’s editions. Now there are 110 ISMA editions, 110 LM editions, and 110 GT Editions. Therefore, there at least 75 more books available, depending on whether or not the Publisher’s edition was produced.

BimmerM5, gt4me, Juli and 1 other person like this.
  24. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    That is good news! :)

Zeltweg likes this.
  25. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    BimmerM5 and gt4me like this.