Here's a pic of me pulling the engine out of my 612 yesterday! | Page 48 | FerrariChat

Here's a pic of me pulling the engine out of my 612 yesterday!

Discussion in '612/599' started by trygve11, Jul 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    It would be a win-win if Jason was back on the forum. As was the case with others posting here, Jason helped me considerably at no charge. He has a rare skill set and an even rarer willingness to help others. Fingers crossed that we see him posting again before long.

2. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Image Unavailable, Please Login What a bummer. This is one of my favorite f-chat threads ever since I came here in 2003.

2 fake accounts? Dang. Hopefully he can come back from that and play by the rules.

The pic he posted of himself (I’m assuming it’s him) sorting out the flood victim FF seats is a little eery.

3. FerrFan101

FerrFan101 Rookie

Nov 28, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    Doug Alekson
    I've met Jason- interesting guy and a hell of a shop. My brother in law lives in Kansas City and I came by Jason's shop last month to check out a Gallardo blown engine rebuild he is working on! Incredible stuff.

The picture referenced above is not Jason, it is a guy that worked with him at Royal Autowerks. Looks like he was dead or asleep under this seat extraction!

I also got to drive the 612 Jason overhauled. It was quite a nice car! Rode like new 4 years later and over 10K miles later. Cool to see and handle the bent rod and cracked piston from the original hydrolock issue.

Apparently he is now selling this 612. My BIL sent me the listing but I am not sure if it is still for sale or not.

https://www.dandcmotorcompany.com/details/used-2006-ferrari-612-scaglietti/59849532

4rextc and m5shiv like this.
  4. DCooper72

DCooper72 Rookie

Feb 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Don Cooper
    JLF likes this.
  5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

All I can tell you about this car is that he did a beautiful job of bringing it back and documenting everything as he went. So in terms of a 612 completely sorted out, this is the one.

Nospinzone likes this.
  6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yea, except that other car wouldn't be nearly as bulletproof as Jason's car.

7. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    ** THREAD UPDATE **

I made a deal with Jason to buy this car. I sold my OTO about six months ago and have been wanting another ever since. This was a great way to get a bulletproof driver that will be mechanically perfect. Flying to KC Thur and driving it back Friday. :D

Makuono, brogenville, r0sco and 5 others like this.
  8. kens

kens Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Thanks for the update. Enjoy!

9. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Picked it up and couldn’t be happier. Jason is a stand up guy. Couldn’t have been any nicer or more helpful. Highly recommend him and his shop Royal Autowerks to anyone in and around the KC area and beyond!

Halfway home now what a gorgeous day for a drive! Happy derby weekend all!!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

superdoug, donv, Makuono and 9 others like this.
  10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Eric- She looks great. Enjoy driving her.

KY _Soldier likes this.
  11. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Thank you Taz! Sold mine in Oct and regretted it ever since lol. I have to say the OTO is MUCH sharper, best executed version of the 612. I was surprised how much faster the superfast tranny is. The suspension is noticeably different as well. This 06 has the sport exhaust so that was nice. I do miss the manettino and electrochromatic roof big time. But this is a perfectly sorted driver. It has a few nicks and dings, but should be bulletproof as Jason did all the needed service (belts, oil etc) before I got it. I was very grateful.

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats and I wish you good luck with it.

And welcome back to the club! :)

KY _Soldier likes this.
  13. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
    That should take the sting off sellers remorse!
    P.S. Thank you for serving!
    Cheers

FerrFan101 likes this.
  14. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Thank you man. Not sure if I mentioned before but originally from Natick ;)

Nospinzone and FerrFan101 like this.
  15. FerrFan101

FerrFan101 Rookie

Nov 28, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    Doug Alekson
    Car looks great! I recall seeing it in Jason's shop a year or two ago! Enjoy. Looks like a great trip and a great outcome for the car. From one fine person to another! What all cars dream for and what matters most with the cars that matter most!

- Doug Alekson

KY _Soldier likes this.
  16. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Congratulations!

Long road trips are what the 612 was built to do!

KY _Soldier likes this.