Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 112 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have to agree with you on this one. I was at a supermarket parking lot one day with a young man walking by and said, "Nice Mustang". Little did he know that I saw him parking his Mustang about 8 spaces behind me. Can't miss it, because his exhaust was loud. I reply, "Thanks. I like your Ferrari". You should of seen the expression on his face. :D

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Oh this incident from this afternoon gotta go up here. Not funny, not pleasant, just annoying.

Was on my way home and decided to get a latte at a petrol station. Not filling up so park the Lusso around the side in the stalls there. My car is long and the stalls are short, so my bum is hangin' out maybe 20-25 cm. My buddy and I go in and start the interesting game of "Overly complicated coffee machine roullette".

It's around 3 pm so rush hour is starting to happen and thus there are a few customers filling up on their way home - you get the picture. Anyhow, a late 40's guy comes in, and while pointing at us, he asks loud enough for all to hear if we are the owners of the black **** heap outside? A bit puzzled I just ask him "Sorry, what?" . He then shouts out in the store "Who's the ******* in the black Ferrari!". I walk over and polite as always, "That would be me. Is there a problem?". I do my best not to laugh, because the whole thing was utterly ridiculous and I don't intimidate easily. He then starts ranting about me blocking his way etc. I go out while my buddy pays for coffee, thinking I have overlooked something and blocked the passage behind my car. To my bemusement the two stalls next to my car is still empty, there's about 3 m of space behind me etc. Yet this clow is adament that he can't get his Sprinter van out. I proceed to tell him that there's more than enough room, and I get another earful of me being an entitled ass. Decided to just pull out and drive up to the store front and pick up my mate.

My first actual public negative experience. What a tool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Zachman and mello like this.
  3. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Out fishing with a good mate recently. He said how's the Ferrari. I said never better. He said "I saw a Nissan GTR do a 7 sec 1/4 mile, why didn't you buy one of those?" I said let me think, a japanese hatchback or a Ferrari, hmm. He said he would buy the GTR because it would beat my Ferrari. I think everyone who doesn't own a Ferrari thinks the reason we buy them is because we believe they are the fastest car in the world. He did confess my 430 was faster than his E63 merc though. :)

Bas and jag-oo-r like this.
  4. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Sports cars are not supposed to be dragsters.

jc1, Bas, Clay512TR and 3 others like this.
  5. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    While I was washing my car, my neighbor asked when did I buy the Mustang

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    My 308 will beat a turtle..that's why I din't buy the turtle..

turbokraft, tazz99, Zachman and 2 others like this.
  7. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Someone saw my Bentley parked in my garage and referred to it as a Benz. Guess he thought the large “B” logo on the trunk stood for Benz.

absostone likes this.
  8. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    True...BUT (there's always a "But")..in the new book "Don't wash mine" by Kirk White, he reminisces about going to the Drags in the Philly area in '56 or so, and seeing a 300SL Gullwing drag racing! And it was pretty fast for the day.

9. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Last night.
    SMH.

kid at the take out counter. All the kids are oggling the car, didn't know it was mine, I just stood and listened to them. Smiling inside.

But there's always one in the group. Mid-20's kid steps up and says, "yeah, they're nice. I can't tell if that's a C5 or a C6, but it's not as nice as my uncle's C8."

So I piped up: "friend, that's a Ferrari, not a corvette". He says "it's hard to tell, I guess".

SMH

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

10. milanojess

milanojess Karting

Nov 26, 2007
    sf bay area
    i cannot blame them, even the c7s are hard to distinguish from distance...

11. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    We weren't "from a distance". We were less than 40 feet.
    "From a distance"....
    Hell, from a distance it can be hard to tell me apart for Christy Brinkley.... if it's a great enough distance. So.... I guess so? ;-)

Wikdstrate, 308 milano and slm like this.
  12. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Lol don't let the foolishness of a kid who thinks he knows a thing or two ruin your evening.

DocRogers, IloveGT and jag-oo-r like this.
  13. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    While fueling up my freshly detailed Nero/Nero F430, a County Sheriff, whom I didn't know, ambles over and states "That's the dirtiest car I have ever seen."
    I said "Yea, I know, I use it for mud racing on weekends."
    We started a conversation and I thanked him for his service, showed him the engine etc. Hopefully a friend made.

iMrMark, BJK, kes7u and 2 others like this.
  14. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Didn't ruin MY evening, haha.

Hell, I remember BEING that kid, thought I knew EVERYTHING.

15. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The Mustang comments always boggle my mind...you have to be pretty clueless to mistake any Ferrari model for a Mustang. I understand that cars are just not that important to some people, but really!?!?

kes7u likes this.
  16. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
  17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Reminds me of that Mark Twain quote -

"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Too good and true!

Reacherman1022 and kes7u like this.
  19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Nuno, just reread your post. Cannot help but wonder if you have a hidden joke there. If there is, then it is just way too good.

Define pump station for me, please.

20. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    The Fast and the Furious moment.....

I was out in the 348.... two guys in an E90 3-series BMW with no front bumper cruise up next to me... "Nice Car, what's the retail on one of those?"

and.....

I missed my cue....

So I had to chase them down in traffic...

I get back next to them...."Hey, back there, I was supposed to say....'More than you can afford,pal'..... right?"

they howled with laughter "we thought you didn't know"

I say "I'm not THAT old! You caught me off guard. I've thought about it happening before, but never EVER really expected it to..."

So we talked cars and stuff for a bit while we waited for traffic....

I see them from time to time on the main road...haven't caught back up to them...

sjd

21. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I don't know what that is referencing.

22. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    A scene from the first fast and furious movie....(now 20 years ago....). comically bad.

sjd

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Had that question (what's the retail...) thrown at me when refueling my then new 599.
    I answered : no idea, I'm just a detailer.....

flat_plane_eddie and jjtjr like this.
  24. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    LOL....

sjd

25. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I actually have that DVD, but I only watched it once. I'll have to give it another spin. :)