FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2021:...QUALIFYING.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ARAMCO GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2021:...QUALIFYING.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, May 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    100 poles is bloody incredible......

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Doubt if any of us will see the 100 again ...maybe some on the real young'uns

3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    destroying teammates at will.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  4. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  5. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    100 poles for Hammy. Another day, another coronation.

6. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    Max had the better car in the first two races but now Mercedes found the lost screws and are in front again. Hard work paying off, for Mercedes.

Terra and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Of course u will. Senna’s record lasted 20 years and was more impressive given less races, then Schumacher beat it, didn’t even last 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtSomePoint and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    What's the deal with Ocon? Seems he found another gear this season

cairns and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's a Milestone in F1 history !

I can't wait for Hamilton to win his 100th GP !!

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm very impressed with sainz, he's been a lot closer to Charles than i expected in the last races, of course he knows very well this circuit, i expect the distance will grow in the enxt ones. Charles did an awsome job as usual, i hope tomorrow hw gwt's a decent car and mauybe something nice can happen. The REd Bull is very competitibe but still a bit slower than the Merc, Max is doing a heck of a job taking the fight to crapilton.

crinoid, jpalmito and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  11. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    Oh, just you wait, soon enough they will add more races to a season and 100 poles will be possible in just three seasons with double races each weekend and virtual races thrown in the mix.

classic308, Terra, ricksb and 2 others like this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Some may legitimately wonder what all these poles are really worth with a teammate like Bottas while Verstappen beats a driver like Perez by a second ..

stavura, classic308, furoni and 2 others like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Or Alonso is too old maybe ?

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Both teams were 'bagged' until this qualy today it appears. I dont think Horner really wanted to show what they could do until this circuit/weekend.

Now we must see who gets perfect start and makes the tires last best until the 1 stop change.

ingegnere and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Dude this years shake up of the order is INSANE !!! Each result is just baffling. How did they do it?!?!
    W O W.

16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    confirm that Perez felt bad throughout qualifying, dizzy. The origin is in a muscular problem. The team doctors have seen him and, after resting, he should have no problem tomorrow for the race.

stavura, DF1, ricksb and 4 others like this.
  17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Horner said after Imola that Portugal and Spain would play to the Merc’s, so it was damage limitation. Being pipped for pole by .03 secs is a virtual tie. You would be very hard-pressed to even hit .03 on a stopwatch. This is not a case of Merc sand-bagging.

Perez’s performance could paint the picture of Red Bull not being as good as Merc, but that would mean Alpine, Ferrari, Alpha Tauri and McLaren are faster cars. Checo still needs to come to grips with the car (he said it would take a few races). At least he’s picking up points on race day.

Terra and 375+ like this.
  18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Nice to see Ricci's getting comfortable with the Mac

stavura, jgonzalesm6, 375+ and 3 others like this.
  19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think after that last race, he feels has something to prove to everyone.

jgonzalesm6, 375+ and F2003-GA like this.
  20. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/shoulder-issue-hampered-perez-in-barcelona-f1-qualifying/6505081/

Perez slumped to eighth place in Q3 at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on Saturday, finishing nine-tenths of a second behind Red Bull team-mate Max Verstappen, who qualified second.

The Mexican spun during his first push lap in Q3, leaving him with a single timed effort at the end of the session which he used to usurp Lando Norris and Fernando Alonso.

But Perez revealed after qualifying that he had been struggling with a worsening shoulder issue throughout the session, contributing to his difficulties.

“It was a bit of a struggle, I didn’t feel 100% with myself today,” Perez said.

“I had a bit of an issue with my shoulder through qualifying, and I was just feeling bad all the way through it.

“But I’ve spoken to the team, we’ve reviewed everything, and we should be back to 100% tomorrow.

“It was just getting worse and worse as the qualy developed, and I struggled a bit more with it.”

Perez said that while the team “don’t know 100% what it is”, he feels “pretty confident that we can be back to form for tomorrow”.

“It was just a bad day, I didn’t get a good lap throughout the day,” Perez said.

21. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/mercedes-explains-call-to-start-spanish-gp-on-soft-tyres/6505126/

Mercedes explains call to start Spanish GP on soft tyres
    By: Alex Kalinauckas
    May 8, 2021, 12:12 PM
    Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas say the risk of losing ground off the line was why Mercedes opted against starting on the mediums for Formula 1's 2021 Spanish Grand Prix.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The Black Arrows squad regularly takes the middle compound tyre in qualifying to give it more strategic options in races, where the yellow-walled rubber is also generally more durable compared to the softs the rest of the top 10 runners take to ensure their Q3 places.

Red Bull usually gives Max Verstappen a similar strategy, but all three frontrunners eschewed that approach in qualifying at Barcelona on Saturday.

That means that all 10 of the Q3 runners will be starting the race on the soft compounds – exactly as they did in the 2020 Spanish GP.

Speaking in the post-qualifying press conference, Bottas explained that the thinking behind Mercedes not taking its typical Q2 tactics was routed in the difficulty of passing at Barcelona and the lack of grip the mediums would provide at the race start compared to the softs.

"Here, the track position is pretty important, so just didn't want to lose any ground at the race start – that's the main thing," said the Finn.

Hamilton explained that "it's 600m down to Turn 1, so six metres difference [in grip off the line] between the tyres, there's no advantage".

He added: "Especially if you do happen to get the medium in position and the car behind is on a soft, for example, and they box – [your team will] pull you in anyway.

"So then you don't have the benefit [of the mediums being more durable] and you've just given up an extra opportunity. So that's why."

22. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Nice to see Daniel up the order too.........

F2003-GA likes this.
  23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Max is so clearly faster than crapilton, it wa sobvious to everyone the Merc was the faster car with some margin, if not for Max, Elton would be walking in the park....as for the rest, Ocon seems to have his mojo back, it's not just the alpine who got better, he's also driving a lot better, remenber he was faster than Checo in his first year, i think he's very good, but one year of the tracks cost him a lot, just like alonso is finding now!

24. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s just that he took too much time off but he is there though. Last race showed he still had race craft.

stavura, 375+ and jpalmito like this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

He had poles against Alonso, button, rosberg, kovalainen, Bottas etc
    Don’t let your dislike for his personality question his talents that only make u guys pass for being hateful ;)

Boomhauer, ktu and william like this.