C8 Z06 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    NA and the area under the curve will be greater, so faster.

I also heard closer to 650 HP and >9K RPM, so fingers crossed whichever the case.

2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Nothing new
    Overview/speculation of the 4 future C8 variants - Z06, E-Ray, ZR1, and Zora

3. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Thecadster and VAF84 like this.
  4. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Probably be a long wait, unfortunately.

Dealer told me today, probably late 2021 announce - then at least a year wait for those on the top of their dealers list. Wild card of course, is how many allocations, each dealer gets for their in house list.

Meaning, if prospective buyer was number 50 on the list, but that dealer only gets an allocation for 30, it’s a much longer wait - like two years. That said, it’s all speculation right now.

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’ll be number 1 at my dealer for the Z06. It’s a pretty damn exciting car. I’m good with 2022 delivery. More time to enjoy the C8.

Michael Sexton and VAF84 like this.
  6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Jump to 2:50 - launch, chirp 2nd, that's it really

7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

They’ve dialed in that exotic sound! If I heard it outside, I’d never think it was a corvette. Haven’t been this excited about a car in a while.

8. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    I'm definitely excited about the potential of this car. Fit and finish seem to be decent in the C8's so far. If the car has a front lift option and comes in around $100K then I will be ordering one. I can actually drive this car to work because "its a Chevy."

I really enjoyed my Scud and drove it whenever I wanted to but NOT wherever I wanted to. I would've been absolutely crucified at work if I drove the Scud to my office. Became really frustrated of having a point A to point A Ferrari.

This car should be a blast to drive without any of the negative stigma that comes with Ferrari ownership. Just going to drive the snot out of it!

I'm currently 3rd on the list at my large Chevy dealer that has been allocated 4-5 ZO6's (per month) in the past so I feel good about my chances of getting an early production car.

jm2 and DIGMAN52 like this.
  9. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Sounds sort of ridiculous, but that's a huge selling point for me too; not trying to hide it from work, or the areas I spend a lot of time working in. Interesting that you can drive a ten year old $4k Beemer, and a guy will scoff at it as he walks past an $80k Ford/Chevy Pickup truck without thinking twice.

I don't see there being much sacrifice's made in the new Z06. I'm expecting it to check all the right boxes. Currently looking at it as an addition to my F430; but hey if this thing is really as good as it seems it's going to be; it could be a replacement.

Wikdstrate likes this.
  10. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Yeah, I drove an $80,000 Denali diesel 2500HD to work and nobody cared. I drove a $35,000 Nissan 370Z and people freaked-out?! SMH!

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  11. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

LOL! I resemble that comment. We were at an RV park. At the time my wife drove an older MB GL450 (purchased used at like $30k) and I had my two year old F250 Diesel King Ranch ($75k ish). Guy walks by our spot and says “f’n mercedes” o_O. It’s just annoying. I could daily drive my dream SUV (used of course) for half to one quarter of what I spend on my high end pickup. Instead I end up spending more on the pickup to avoid the underhanded comments like “you can’t hide money”, avoid becoming less approachable to the hands/superintendents, or becoming a visiting exec’s reason to question my rates or worse question having me on the project. Image is part of sales though, gotta do what you gotta do to stay under the radar and get more work. Would like to see another Cadillac EXT. Denali’s are great btw! Waiting to see the new dash (pickups) that’s supposed to be released next year. If they do that and add SuperCruise, it may be my next truck.

boxerman likes this.
  12. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    So, I just finished One Lap of America.
    My co-driver has zero track experience, but I wanted him to do the auto cross and skid pad to start the event. We were 71/72 before starting the road courses. After finishing the road courses, we are sitting at #30 (finishing #23-30, depending on track/session).

The cars that finished ahead of us had major HP (650+) or major track focus.
    I had KNS brake rotors and GLOC brake pads with factory track set up, sitting on PS4s (Goodyears are way better).

Unlike many drivers, I had never been on any of the tracks, and I had zero sim time. (I did have track maps, and I watched a couple videos the night before). I was gaining massively from the morning session to the afternoon session (3 laps with a standing start per session), like 5+ seconds. I had never driven the car with the setup on track, and I only got more comfortable as the week wore on (3 laps x 2 is not a lot of time at each track).

Bottom line: the Z06 is going to be really, really fast, if the base C8 can perform at that level.

pic for fun:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Thats not sounding like +8k rpm ****s.
    Were also not seeing the hoped for center exhuast on that car.
    This video might not be the z06

TheMayor likes this.
  14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Could be the hybrid

15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Possibly yes

16. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Heard last night that advisory group from large dealers will see the Z06 at a meeting in two weeks at Bowling Green, KY.

17. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

That's good news. I have to have to head to KY for a project for the remainder of the year. I'm pretty excited that I'll be about an hour and a half away from Bowling Green as we approach the release/unveiling. Hoping to catch a glimpse of it at some point!

18. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The speed will be there for sure, the question is whether and how they solve
    weight/endurance/durability for track.

19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Weight - Define this issue. Is it simply a function of how many pounds it weighs or how heavy it feels. If all you're interested in is the poundage, then no, it will not be "fixed"

Endurance - I wasn't aware of this as an issue. I've certainly never had an issue with my C8.

Durability for track - Again, I wasn't aware of this issue with C8's. Can't imagine it will be an issue with Z06.

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Some spotted testing in CO for high altitude testing.

Attached Files:

21. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Well, it's surely not an LT2, sounds like the DOHC being short shifted. BTW, this video is old, the cars in Colorado have center exhaust.

22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Doese'nt sound necessarily like a flat plane. Agreed its not running out to 9k rpm. Maybe ZR1, maybe the GS.
    The center exhuast from what I've "read" is not a done deal. The ones from Colorado look great. Unless they're faking us out those cars all have some sort of bulge on the front hood, could be a vent.
    At face value center exhaist and hood vent seem like the team is serious and trying to pulling all the stops.

23. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    ^^^
    Well...it sounds MORE like an FP DOHC...it sounds nothing like an LT2:)

I think the hood "bulge" is just a fake out. The camo'd C8 Stingrays had the same hood camo.

TheMayor likes this.
  24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I don't see them putting a hood aero detail there. It would cut into the front truck space which is already pretty minimal. A 458 has a bigger front trunk (but has no rear trunk)

If the front trunk gets smaller, it will be impossible to put in an overhead suitcase in this car. I don't see that happening.