430 - Furthest road trip in f430/360? | FerrariChat

430 Furthest road trip in f430/360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dennis_said, May 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dennis_said

Dennis_said Rookie

Jan 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dennis Nguyenkhoa
    My f430 is definitely not a flawless example but I never took it past 100 miles (angeles crest trip only). Just wanted to see if anybody here has had good stories of long trips and how all things held up?

Thinking of taking my ride to Vegas from SoCal which is a 500 mile round trip and wanted to see whose done that ride and if it’s worthwhile!

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Jms15

Jms15 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    manhattan
    I once took my 430 from ny to dc for the weekend once. 3+ hours each way was a long drive (especially gated) but roof down on a nice summer weekend was nice.. not sure I would do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    You have me just cracking up. I have 46k miles on my gated 430 spider. I purchased it new in 2007. I only have Ferrari of Las Vegas service it. That is a 900 mile round-trip at least once a year. Monterey car week is good for another 500 miles between driving up hwy1 and around car week.
    You need to take a few road trips. Just a lot of bugs and dust but she always cleans right back up Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Need4Spd, jcurry, AndreB and 4 others like this.
  4. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    The day I purchased my gated 360— drove home Dallas to San Antonio. Could not stop smiling the entire drive!

AndreB likes this.
  5. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    I drove the car nearly 500 miles from Tampa to Charleston, SC after I bought mine many years ago.

Even though the car was new to me at the time, we made it back without any issue.

vrsurgeon and one4torque like this.
  6. 74dino246gts

74dino246gts Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Bought my car in Carlsbad Ca and after trying to schedule an enclosed trailer delivery, I finally gave up and decided to fly down and drive it up the coast to the Bay area. Fantastic drive with no issues.

vrsurgeon and one4torque like this.
  7. Some Guy in the sky

Some Guy in the sky Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2018
    I drove 50 miles once :(

Way2fast and one4torque like this.
  8. CSX55

CSX55 Rookie

Mar 30, 2021
    Tucson, AZ
    I bought my 360 sight unseen and immediately drove it 2000 miles over three days at an average cruising speed of 85ish mph from Missouri to Arizona via Texas and had zero problems. I covered 900 miles over 13.5 hours in one day alone. The car performed just like you'd expect a car to - it started, it stopped, and got 18 mpg the whole way.

Granted, I took some precautions - I wrapped the front end with Xpel TracWrap as a temporary measure until I got a proper PPF job done, I came with a basic set of tools and spare ignition coils, a tire inflator, and spare distilled water for the coolant system, all as a "just in case" and I think that's always good road trip protocol.

The lack of cruise control got to be a drag after about 8 hours straight, wind noise could be better and I found out during a sudden downpour that these cars are not watertight at all (I have a Spider) but otherwise I don't think there's any reason not to drive it if you don't fear adding mileage to it. It's just a car, after all. Enjoy it.

430tdf and one4torque like this.
  9. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    I'm about a year into ownership and like you most of my drives were less than 200 km round trip. It took a 2000+km road trip to really get to know the car, its quirks and features. Man what memories! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face... I also discovered a F1 pump pressure issue I didn't notice on short drives (which I later resolved). Get out there!

one4torque likes this.
  10. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Have driven my 430 Spider Chicago to Naples and back a few times. Stopped only for gas.

ifeelfree0 likes this.
  11. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I bought my 360 in OH and drove it back to Seattle, WA.

12. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
  13. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    San Diego to Yosemite, then to Oregon, then home via the PCH. Great trip. Car performed flawlessly.

Dewinator, one4torque and FerRrari like this.
  14. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I live in the DC area and each year drive my 06 F430 Spider to various tracks in the northeast. Did Lime Rock last year: nearly 600 miles round trip PLUS 2 days on the track routinely hitting 140mph. Going to Watkins Glen next week. Similar RT mileage PLUS the track time.

Amazing how comfortable and exciting the car is on the track. Also amazing how rewarding a "long" trip is in the car; top down just cruising. Only drawback is lack of cruise control. Gotta get out and walk around every 2 hours or so.

Fantastic car! Gotta drive the hell out of it.

VAF84 and one4torque like this.
  15. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Mkt- you are my hero!

16. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Once I drove my Scud 320 miles from my home tho a race track in Austria, did a few tracks and then back again 320 miles. We both survived (car and me), the fun was huge, only the tires were ruined (but not because of the distance).

17. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    You guys rock

18. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have driven the 360 over 300 miles a couple of times, no issues and always an enjoyable drive.

19. milanojess

milanojess Karting

Nov 26, 2007
    sf bay area
    I don't drive coast to coast nowadays. Most trips were between SF bay area and its surroundings, Yosemite, Tahoe, LA, and couple race tracks etc. So did my f430. Thunderhil, Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, Sonoma etc. F430 cabin is quite specious, one time we even brought our cat for a 2 days track event. The cargo space is quite large, we had folding chairs, track supplies, and two days worth of luggages for two, plus suits, all stored in it fairly easily. The only complain was from wife who didn't like the carbon fibre racing seats :)

20. Jms15

Jms15 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    manhattan
    Where did you keep the cat? My spider with the subwoofer enclosure has about zero space. maybe the coupe has more space but didn’t realize it was that much more..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i drove my 360cs from Geneva to Brescia, checked into the Mille, then drove it another 1000 miles +++ throughout italy, and then i drove back to Geneva.
    everything was fine. .....

the more you drive them the better they get. :)
    thats the hidden secret of ferraris.....

VAF84 likes this.
  22. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Purchased in Scottsdale and immediately drove it back to Austin upon wrapping up the paper work. Did 1,000 miles in roughly 24 hours. Had the same issue mentioned above that I was wishing for cruise control on the second day. You should be fine on your trip. These cars, assuming proper maintenance, easily eat up the miles.

23. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Yosemite is great in the 360!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Way2fast, milanojess and kes7u like this.
  24. status:one

Oct 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Chris B.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Took the car on an exotic car rally (Triple Crown Rally) through Texas. 3 day trip ~approx 1,000 miles or so.

Jonnyringo and kes7u like this.