Portofino Infotainment manual | FerrariChat

Portofino Infotainment manual

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cyr, Aug 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Anyone know whether there is a separate manual for the infotainment system. The standard manual is hopeless on that score.Took delivery of my Portofino last week (which is my DD) and would really like a manual

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    No separate manual.

3. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Thanks for your reply. Exactly what I was afraid of. Guess I will have to press all the buttons and learn the hard way.

whatheheck likes this.
  4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    That's what I did. Hook up the battery tender,open a beer,turn on the ignition,and start pushing and twisting things.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Mine is a 2016 Cali T with the Hi Fi High Power Stereo with Apple Car Play stereo option.
    No separate manual either. I had to figure everything out myself.

As Walt mentioned, I hooked up a battery tender, turned on the ignition and played around with all the buttons and features.

Another item where Ferrari can do better.
    One would think its common sense to provide their customers that pays good money for their cars some information on how they can enjoy the additional features their cars came with.................

6. rianl

rianl Rookie

May 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    rianl
    I bought my first Ferrari (a Portofino) and got it on Friday. Love it! And as result, new to this forum - be gentle with me :)

I've been playing around with the infotainment system and tried the hard way but can't figure out how to do basic things like (a) set a new home address on the satnav, or (b) remove favourites. Has anyone figured this out yet???

7. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Rianl, the manual on how to do things is Ferrari's idea of a joke. I do not think it is actually meant to be used.
    Seriously, run the car and press buttons. It is the only way. Do not try it without running the car as you will kill the battery.
    I did get my home address in but have no idea how ;). Admit, I have not tried to remove any favourites. I shall try both when I have a bit of (non driving) time and will let you know. Sorry, you were probably hoping for a better answer.
    Meanwhile, CONGRATULATIONS and post a few pictures of the car :D

8. rianl

rianl Rookie

May 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    rianl
    Thanks cyr! Yes, the manual is...well, interesting. ;) I've done a lot of button pressing and easy to add new favourites, but can't get rid of old ones. I'm the 2nd owner and "home address" is still showing previous owner, which feels just weird. Odd too that there is near zero detail on the internet/YouTube on this - the closest I've come is this forum, hence why I'm here.

Here is a pic of the car in the dealer's showroom when I picked her up on Friday. Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    She's a beauty!

Congrats!

Dan

rianl likes this.
  10. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I checked in my car today and it seems quite easy to delete the old home address or a favourite. Tap on the address you want to delete, go to settings (the button on the touchscreen just right of the MENU sign on the touchscreen) and you get the option to delete it. Hope this helps.

11. rianl

rianl Rookie

May 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    rianl
    Odd. I don’t have that option so likely have an outdated firmware running. I ended up going to the factory reset option in the infotainment where it gives you the option to do resets on each part - maps, media, radio, etc. I did that for maps which allowed me to enter home address again, but only via the “take me home” option.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. GTFan

GTFan Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 10, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I find it a bit odd that the dealer didn’t delete the previous owner’s address from the NAV system. Whenever I trade one, I either do it before going to trade it in or request that the dealer ensures it is deleted.