GTS Turbo Intercooler just arrived! | FerrariChat

GTS Turbo Intercooler just arrived!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dingo64, May 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dingo64

Dingo64 Rookie

Apr 28, 2021
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    Livio Torino
    Hello everybody!

I am following your awesome forum since few weeks and learning a lot about the car I was looking for... a GTS Turbo Intercooler.

Thanks to the precious help of Alberto-LP and his great book, I finally got my "new to me" 1989 GTS Turbo Intercooler ABS.

The car has 3 previous owner, a full story and superb conditions!

Next week she will go to Toni in Maranello as suggested by Alberto-LP for a full service.

I can't wait to start enjoyng my very first Ferrari (sorry, so far I have been - and still are with my 981 Spyder - a big fan of the German "cavallino"... ).

This is a photo of my GTS with, from the left, the last owner, myself and Alberto.

Keep in touch and thanks again Alberto for the help!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Du_Man, ggbh8 and JOEV like this.
  2. JC1720

JC1720 Karting

Jan 21, 2016
    UK
    Congratulations! That's a lovely, and rare, car

John

miketuason and Dingo64 like this.
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you, Livio: it was a real pleasure to help you in findind a great looking turbocharged Prancing Horse like that GTS turbo is. I hope you will enjoy it for a long time

I'm a bit sad that my friend Armido (and fchat member Armbarb48, on the left) hasn't it anymore, but he already enjoied that beauty for nine years.

ciao

miketuason likes this.
  4. Dingo64

Dingo64 Rookie

Apr 28, 2021
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    Livio Torino
    Thanks again Alberto! I didn't know that also our friend AB is in this forum! Glad to see we all share the same passion!

5. Dingo64

Dingo64 Rookie

Apr 28, 2021
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    Livio Torino
    Hello everybody!

Tomorrow I finally be able to pick up my GTS Turbo Intercooler from Toni Auto in Maranello, where they did a big service (belts, liquids, clutch, water pump...).

I can't wait to drive it back home!

Here a photo of my car in the shop

Albert-LP likes this.
  6. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Well done, Livio! I do like the little NACA ducts.

Dingo64 likes this.
  7. Dingo64

Dingo64 Rookie

Apr 28, 2021
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    Livio Torino
    Hi! Picked up last Friday, done about 300 ilometersk to bring it home. Saturday morning changed tires (Michelin Pilot Sport 4).

Nice tours during last weekend but... I feel like there is something wrong in the steering...

Later today or tomorrow I will bring it to the mechanic to check if everything is ok. I am not using a car without power steering since a long time (my last was a Lotus Elise years ago) so I am not 100% sure it's a problem, but I feel something wrong.

In tight corners the steering suddendly becomes very hard and try to contrast your imput to turn... difficult to explain, but anyway not a good feeling, especially if you are trying to enjoy some speed in the corners. I can't believe a Ferrari drives like this.

For everything else I am super happy. The engine push hard after 3.000 rmp, the look is awesome as well the sound (even it, honestly, not as good as the one of my Porsche 981 Spyder... even if it is V8 against a flat 6).

I will keep you update about the steering, any suggestion?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Dingo64

Dingo64 Rookie

Apr 28, 2021
    Monaco
    Full Name:
    Livio Torino
    Hi!

I finally did an overhaul of the steering box (400 euro VAT included).

Now the cars is more "drivable" and the steering is more precise.

I can drive my GTS more aggressively with a more positive feeling and with no strange reactions during the corners.

Now just time to enjoy it!

Albert-LP likes this.