Putting exhaust on FF, will it void extended power warranty? | FerrariChat

Putting exhaust on FF, will it void extended power warranty?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Lintrix, May 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lintrix

Lintrix Rookie

Sep 27, 2018
    I'm looking to put on an aftermarket exhaust (an x-pipe specifically) into my FF. It currently has the extended power warranty and I am concerned with it voiding the entire warranty. I'm aware of the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act but in the literature of the warranty agreement, there is a clause that says that FERRARI can terminate the agreement when "repairs to the Covered Vehicle have been made not using original Ferrari parts, except for emergency repairs or services.."

I've read a few threads on FChat but it was mostly speculation on what could happen. Since it's been a few years now and more FF's are under extended power warranty, I'm wondering if anybody on here has had their FF in for warranty service denied due to exhaust mods.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It will if u have a fault that could be impacted by that part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Ferrari will use any excuse to deny a warranty claim. If you want to get whatever value is left out of your warranty, let it run to term, don't bother renewing and make your x-pipe mod after the warranty expires.

Lintrix likes this.
  4. ait_z28

ait_z28 Rookie

Jul 17, 2017
    My dealer said yes, it will void my extended warranty.
    My solution, found a shop next to the dealer to uninstall the exhaust before visiting the dealer and re-installing when I take my car back. I made a deal with the shop for a reasonable rate (given that he would do that job for me once a year, at least)

As you can tell it it's not a convenient solution and I ended up not renewing the warranty. Dealer helped with that decision when they decided to increase extended warranty prices significantly.

Lintrix likes this.