Shipping a Car by Air to Hawaii | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Shipping a Car by Air to Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Bob in Makiki, Jul 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I also wanted to give my thanks to Chris Miele the GM@Ferrari of Hawaii, aka Velocity, he has been and continues to be an amazing source of knowledge, experience and patience on everything and anything Ferrari... great attitude, great energy and a great guy!!! Mahalo

oneshot8541 likes this.
  2. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    congrats and enjoy
    I've had Sergio do my paint correction and cerami, Shane do my wraps and Ronald for tint. I'll PM you contact info. Highly recommend all three.
    If anyone else wants the info, PM me.

megamarco9 likes this.
  3. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Just brought my 911 turbo back via Pacific Air Cargo. HNL -LAX $2500 on standby. LAX- HNL is $5,000- $9,000 depending. I usually go standby

4. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    wow....'standby' is the way to go.... that is a great price. congrats.

5. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Since most of the flights from Hi to the mainland aren’t full (as so much is imported to Hi), the prices are lower. Still worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I use Gabriel Solis of OCDetailng and like him. He is an alternative to the larger detailing services in town. I can PM his contact info if you are interested. He’s detailing my 360 this Friday. I have mixed feelings about ceramic coatings. I had the wrap on the front and edges of my car removed and replaced through the dealership (they subcontracted it out), but that was because I wanted them to oversee having the fenders rolled, which is tricky on aluminum. The end result of having the fenders over the front wheel wells rolled was good, however, and necessary for my car, given the steep driveway cut at our condo.

7. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    yes, please PM me with Gabriels info... smart move having dealer oversee the 'fender rolling', glad it worked out... and big shoutout for your registration blueprint that made my DMV visit a stressless, seamless one-stop success.

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  8. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    Beware: If you buy a car from a Mainland dealer and FLY it over, you will be paying taxes on the shipping too. See the back of form G-27, which states:

"The landed value of the vehicle includes the cost of the vehicle, shipping and handling costs to import the vehicle to Hawaii, import duties, insurance, etc. The landed value does not include any sales or use taxes paid to another state."

9. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    Good point. That may be true. But it would not be the case in a casual sale (purchase from a private party for example), or if you bought the car for use on the mainland before moving to Hawaii, or if you paid sales tax to a dealer in excess of the Hawaii excise tax rate. There may be other exceptions, too. But your point is a good one: look carefully at the tax implications of buying a car on the mainland before shipping it to Hawaii.