For Sale - F355 CORE ENGINE | FerrariChat

For Sale F355 CORE ENGINE

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Pasta & Pista, Mar 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pasta & Pista

Pasta & Pista Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    Complete, fully assembled 1995 355 engine. In storage for several years, unknown internal condition, but cam belts intact, turns over easily. Heads, crank, rods, etc all believed good, but should be opened up before installing in a car. Has throttle injection bodies, exhaust manifolds & Y-pipe. No external accessories like starter, A/C pump, alternator. Was spare engine for the Canepa #28 Challenge car, believed little time on it. Always stored indoors, no rust/corrosion. $5500. Prefer local pickup (Denver) or can deliver within 100 miles. To palletize and crate it would cost about $400 and motor freight would run about $250. I will attach a couple pictures, more available.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Could you look at the pad by the oil filter mount and tell me if it says it’s a 129A or 129B engine? It comes with the belt covers and upper plenums etc that you can see on the floor? Thanks.

3. Pasta & Pista

Pasta & Pista Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    Thank you for your interest. It is a 129B, (shown in another picture that I can send you). There is one belt cover and the plastic upper engine cover included, but those intake plenums have already been sold.

4. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Christ that's a good price

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If I buy it and come pick it up can we take the F40s for a drive?

02360spider likes this.
  6. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Damn I want this, and I don't even have the car to put it in yet (but I will). I just want to take apart an engine with 5 valves per cyl...and those are the next steps on this one.

I wonder if this would fit in a 308 gt4? Kidding, but it would be a hell of a thread. Great price, this should already be gone!

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  7. Pasta & Pista

Pasta & Pista Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    That's what I thought....

8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Buy a 355 and ignore the header problem. You will get your chance to disassemble the 5 valve engine in due time.

JG333SP likes this.
  9. JG333SP

JG333SP Formula 3

Mar 24, 2010
    N Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Jim G
    Funny enough, I'm going thru something similar with my '75 308 GT4 that may still have it's orig sodium filled valves. The prev owner 'questionably' switched the valves out to SS. He was flipping great to the car-changed out the plastic cam pulleys to steel years ago for instance. I got the car in an estate sale when he passed away and nobody can say for sure if he did the valves. The car doesn't leak anything so he must have had it apart at one time. I'm going to flipping cry if I yank one of the heads off and those things are stainless steel!

I don't think I'd be as optimistic about orig headers on a 355

10. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Sent you a PM.

11. mrfiorano

mrfiorano Karting

Feb 22, 2016
    HIALEAH
    Full Name:
    Rolando Grillo
    still available

12. Van Nguyen

Van Nguyen Rookie

Aug 28, 2020
    Saratoga, ca
    Full Name:
    Van Nguyen
    still available?

13. carbonsmith

carbonsmith Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Loll ... This listing is 2.5yo

ShineKen, f355spider and Yassa like this.
  14. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    What always cracks me up about these "still available" questions by relative newbies to Fchat, is if they are truly serious about a purchase, why bump the thread and potentially involve competition from other buyers that might now become interested? Just PM the seller directly would be my strategy.

Yassa likes this.
  15. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    Still available? :) Lol. If it is ill take two please!

ShineKen likes this.