New Stradale owner. Some questions and pictures | FerrariChat

New Stradale owner. Some questions and pictures

Discussion in '360/430' started by Matt Andrews, May 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Hi everyone. I have reached out to several of you during my search, and I'm grateful for the time many of you have spent responding to my questions. I had been looked for a ~20k/mi CS in blue. A nice car with no bad history or paintwork, but also one i could drive and enjoy.

Back in November, I found a 6 year old picture on this forum of the the only Blu Mediterraneo CS. I reached out to the owner and struck up a conversation. He was deciding if after a decade of ownership, was he ready to sell the car. The timing wasn't right for both of us in November, but a couple weeks ago he reached out, we struck a deal, I flew out to inspect the car, made a friend, and bought it. The gentleman clearly loved the car. I spoke to the shop that maintained it for the last decade and the car came with a binder of records reflecting all of their service, books, keys, covers, etc. I'm really excited as I feel like I found a gem.

I had a friend transporting Porsches from LA to the east coast at the same time, so he had an empty trailer coming back west. he picked the car up and 5 days later the car arrived in SoCal. My awful iphone photos are posted below. It goes to the spa for paint correction and ceramic before I spend time on better photos.

I've been reading what I can find on this website, but I was hoping people could point me in the right direction on a couple things.

1. Is there a bluetooth dongle that works with this Becker radio? There are several for sale online, but they ship from china with limited documentation. (Do you ever get used to these blind spots? I'm historically a aircooled porsche nut. And I hate aftermarket radios, but almost feel like this needs a backup camera.)
    2. What is the offset and sizing of these wheels? The clearance looks super close, so I assume 18" challenge wheels won't fit. The stock ones are classic, but I think a set of white wheels would pop on this car, and as the originals are perfect, I'd like to just take them off and store them. (I've also always loved the 355 Speedlines which I know don't fit, so I'd consider having something similar made, or TE37's, which I recognize not everyone likes - but most people will say to leave the stock wheels on anyway...)
    3. Alcantara care - the driver seat has what appears to be pretty typical seatbelt wear and a little bolster "pilling". Is there a way to correct this? I've seen videos of sandpaper, combs, and other strange methods.
    4. exhaust valves - Is there a way to wire them open all the time? or on a switch? I work on most of my cars, so don't mind doing it myself if there is a FAQ or "kit".

Anything else I should know about these cars or any place you'd point me to read?

Thanks for the input, Matt

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

G8TD, JOEV, arizonaitalian and 12 others like this.
  2. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats, great looking car! Can’t really help you with all the questions. I have a 430 and on the exhaust valve, i just disconnected the hose and now its open all the time. White wheels? I like it the way it is! By the way nice aircool porsches! I have a 964 and a 993.

3. Matt Andrews

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    see? I know my wheel tastes are not like everyone elses. :) I'm a kid from the 90's, My 964 cup car is on white wheels too.

ShineKen likes this.
  4. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    She is a beautiful

5. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    As for as the 18" wheels. They will not fit with the bigger 380mm size rotors. I converted my 360 to the cs brakes and that was the only option un less you went with maybe custom hre, or rotiform which im have them built now but still 18s just to small.
    Sonax makes a very nice Alcantara cleaner that I have used.
    And reach out to trev360 on the valves . I went with his stage 2 firmware with 430 maf and a full 360cs exhaust and high flow cats and the valves open at a very low rpm. It made the car a new animal

6. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Nice car ! :)

7. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    congrats..be safe, and welcome to the club!

8. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Beautiful color combo!!
    Enjoy!!

9. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    The exhaust valve is easy. Just unplug the hose from the bypass valves (2 of them) near the back of the car, plug the hoses and you're off to the races. The default on the valves is open. Personal choice but I find it a bit too loud. I think you'll have a bigger problem with the Alcantara fading but it's more durable than you think.

10. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
  11. Matt Andrews

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    that's great! but what is it?

12. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    I've got sport seats in my 360 with an alcantara center section and when I got it, there was a lot of pilling. I used sandpaper, about 1000 grit, to get rid of it all.

It sounds scary but when I was searching for methods to get rid of the pilling, sanding it down seemed to be the way to go.

The tool the previous guy posted is a lint remover defuzzer.

Matt Andrews likes this.
  13. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Its a small sander that pulls the fibers that are sticking up.

14. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    gorgeous incredible color.

15. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Beautiful. Nice buy

16. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    What a beautiful color! Congratulations.

17. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Congatulations!!! The car looks stunning and the colour is so beautiful. Enjoy it.

18. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Michael B likes this.
  19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Stealthssfc likes this.
  20. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    I have tried very hard to find te37 in 5x108. You can ca 5x114 re drilled if that doesn't scare you

21. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    Beautiful color!
    I also just got a 360 (albeit not CS) and have a 964 and a 996 GT3... Porsche owners F car takeover!

I am desperately looking for TE37 wheels, unfortunately the only way I see it happening is 5x108 to 5x114.3 adapters. I know, scary.

22. Matt Andrews

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    I think I am going to have to go to Mackin. 5x108 in 18" are rare. 5x108 in 19's to fit the CS brakes are on another level of scarcity unfortunately.

The other thing I was considering, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I have talked to a custom wheel vendor who would be willing to make a 19" "tribute" to the 355 challenge speedline wheels. Clearly they wouldn't be in magnesium. White with body colored speedline lettering. I can't decide if that would be pleasing long term change. I realize it will be polarizing to some purists. The stock BBS looks great, I just wanted something a little...not stock.

23. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    I personally know the folks at Marvic wheels. They make magnesium wheels and parts.

Probably could do a batch of around 8 sets of custom magnesium wheels if we wanted to go that route.

24. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    I'm having rotiform build me my 19s in there roc series which look kinda like the old speedline wheels
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus