Ok, one more detail question... Has anyone used Chemical guys Bare Bones Spray | FerrariChat

Ok, one more detail question... Has anyone used Chemical guys Bare Bones Spray

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by CoreyNJ, May 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    for the engine bay rubber and panels?

Amazon seems to be out to the Griots engine bay dressing and it seems a little crazy to spend $11 on shipping for a $15 item buying from Griots directly and I don't need much more stuff from them to make a bulk buy for free shipping.

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    Corey

2. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    I have been a avid detailer and really try and stay away from Chemical guys. There is way better companies out there that work on the product not there YouTube money. I have been using Carpro and geyon mostly and find the real detailer will truly laugh at Chemical guys.
    But back to engine bay dressing.
    Car pro makes a product called per.
    It is a water based dressing that can be made into different ratios. I use it straight on my tires and its a perfect satan black and if you go 20 to 1 for something like that would be amazing oem clean

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I prefer to use something like 303 aerospace .. great for rubber, plastic etc ..and it actually protects

docf likes this.
  4. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    I’m also a huge fan of 303.

Don’t like anything chemical guys has. Not sure which of their products you’re using for the panels and rubber, but I had a CG product for that and threw it out after the first use.

5. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Thanks... I have a bottle of 303. I'll use that for the rubber and plastic in the engine compartment. I guess I can just ceramic coat the panels. I have some Geyon Quartz left over from my CF diffuser project.

clean512 likes this.
  6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thread moved to proper section

7. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've used it for wheel well detailing, I wouldn't use it in the engine bay. I don't think I'll use it again. It swells and the smell lingers for days.
    303 and wipe excess off.

8. vdm9

vdm9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2014
    long island new york
    Full Name:
    vasilios
    Another 303 fanboy here. I use the wipes and she looks new again! Preserves and protects.
    vdm