Gated 360 Spider sells for $138k on BaT? Wow | FerrariChat

Gated 360 Spider sells for $138k on BaT? Wow

Discussion in '360/430' started by ketel, May 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Seems to be lots of opinions about Bring a Trailer on Fchat, but this Red/Black gated 360 Spider seems to have found a buyer at $138k.

If this is legit (and it appears to be) this seems to be setting a new range for gated 360 Spiders. I know of one gated 360 Spider that sold last week for $120k.

If these prices hold - and they likely will since we're heading into summer (prime Spider season), and the pandemic seems to be lifting along with good economic forecasts - then gated 360 Spiders will be almost double an F1-fitted 360. It might sound nuts, but then again the differential in 430s between 6spds and F1 vehicle is also around 2:1 in terms of pricing. Maybe the new normal?

ketel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    View attachment 1971098

Attached Files:

Dewinator and one4torque like this.
  2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Word is getting out!

3. rrosadc

rrosadc Rookie

May 12, 2018
    You can 5,000k in fees to bat so thats actually 143k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ml65 likes this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well if the pandemic helped with the uptick in prices the question: as it fades away will it last?

Nonoyeahyeah and F2003-GA like this.
  5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    How many miles on it?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. ml65

ml65 Karting

Jun 22, 2009
    Farmingdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Mike L.
    143k, not a low mileage example, odd interior, and a cracked boot lid, go figure.
    The gated 430 market at all time highs is pulling up the gated 360 market.
    Market is very anti-turbo and anti F1 right now. Add a little FOMO and YOLO, and I’m sure you’ll see 200k for a #1 low mileage gated 360 soon.

7. ml65

ml65 Karting

Jun 22, 2009
    Farmingdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Mike L.
    19k miles, need to drive mine more!

Need4Spd likes this.
  8. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA

9. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    I think so. The pandemic definitely pumped interest in collector cars across the board since no one could travel but the stock market kept roaring so it was a good time to invest in fun assets. But with it going into the rear view (pun intended) I don't think it will have much effect on supercar/classic car valuations. If anything, valuations will continue to rise because of demographics - people who had posters of 360s on their bedroom walls are now making good $ and want the cars they lusted after as a kid - and because petrol-based sportscars that have a distinct analog feel will become more sought after as new cars all begin to feel like boring, predictable appliances. Even current Ferrari models feel more like video games that sportscars anymore. Too much tech and driver assists, imho. The thrill of a stab-and-steer sportscar with few things interfering with the driving experience is now becoming nostalgic. And unlike 355s and 348s and 308s which can bury you in service costs and headaches, the 360 is actually fairly reliable and can be used more often.

ketel

10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed! I’ll take my 355>my ff any day. In the ff, I see the rev counter and boom!

11. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I wish there was a clever metric to measure qty and frequency of gated 360 content on social media.... I bet there is a correlation.

12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Oh and another factor that will inc gated prices—- from my exp gated owners bought these for a driving experience .., not primarily speculation.... so they will be reluctant to sell in this pop.... which will continue to limit supply.... we are now just seeing some gar queens released on the market. Fun to watch.

I’m keen to see what your 18k-38k mile gated cars sell for in the coming months as we head into summer...

ml65, Need4Spd and ketel like this.
  13. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I wouldn't sell my 19k mile gated 360 Spider for $200k+. If I did, I'd just have to find another. I doubt I could ever find as clean and sorted example than I already have now.

2001 gated 360 Spider in Azzurro California / Crema
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Same boat here east.

Ive spent 3 yrs of ownership and toiling to get my car straightened out and a good driver. Now it’s just doing my annual main and enjoy.

When I think of selling my car for 95-120.. I can’t think of another car in this price range that gives the same driving ownership experience..... which I suspect is driving the values up right now... as word gets out.

Need4Spd, EastMemphis, ketel and 2 others like this.
  15. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I'd be tempted to trade mine for a Modena with the same options/colors, but I just love a good top down evening drive so much. I think the only good answer is to eventually get both.

Need4Spd, EastMemphis and one4torque like this.
  16. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    I think you nailed it. For the money, the 360 has been a tremendously good value for some time, even though prices have now ticked up across the board for gated and F1 examples in recent months. I think social media has a role here. YouTubers like Rob Ferretti (SuperSpeeders), Mike Farrah (SmokingTire) and the guy from SeenThroughGlass have been pounding it into everyone's head what a great value the 360 is and that it is the ultimate bridge between the analog and digital worlds. Just enough of the old school feel/experience to drive while having enough reliability and modern comforts to be usable.

Yes, the word is definitely out now.

ketel

ml65, Dewinator and one4torque like this.
  17. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Agree on all fronts. I sent that auction link to some friends and family real time yesterday. I plan on driving mine for a long time to come. So much so I may sell the F12.

one4torque likes this.
  18. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Blk/Blk 6-spd 360 just added on BAT !

KY _Soldier and one4torque like this.
  19. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Sunroof car! Will watch this one.

20. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
  21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    80$??? But who would want the old tech out dated gated car??? :))))))

22. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    $80k is just the current bid, still has 6 days left to go.

EastMemphis and one4torque like this.
  23. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    85k but I'm sorry that sunroof option is not cool.

24. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Exactly, the Red/Black Spider that brought $143k (with BaT fees) was bid to only $85k a day or so before the auction ended. The last two days the bidding went nuts.

ketel

one4torque likes this.
  25. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    What's not cool about it? You want to drive it like open-top, just take out the panel. When you're done put it back. They are easier to operate than the old targa tops because there's only one lever. Contrary to what I've read it doesn't take up extra headroom from what I've seen when driving one. On a black car I doubt you can even see the lines unless you look for them.

Trouts10 likes this.