812 VS Rumors | Page 307 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  2. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    I have a different opinion, I love it because of the lack of screens, which will age much better.

For Roma/SF90 like screens, I have my Tesla; I prefer an analog experience on my modern classic cars

3. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Agree completely

of2worlds, Caeruleus11, Boots and 2 others like this.
  4. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    Another example is my 991.1 GT3 RS or Aventador S screens; wich are now just a couple of years old, and already look/are outdated.

I heard it also in TheCarGuys video on the car, that he was disappointed; well, I am glad they stick with the analog interior. Here is their video:

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

As said only a slight change to the exhaust. Not even Inconel but rather a new exhaust tailpipe was added. This design solution reinstates medium-high frequency sound.

Maybe all the F8 owners should have a look at what the design is as this car still has the GPF

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    #7656 Boots, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    As do I. Screens show age quick as ever. Hence why the Veyron is 15 years old yet the interior does not look dated whatsoever. There is no greater pain in my ass then driving along the highway when I should be focusing on the road, but I'm distracted by a damn touch screen infotainment. The worst example of this must be the Huracan Evo's volume adjustment being on the touchscreen.

GIVE US OUR BUTTONS!

7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal

F140C likes this.
  8. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    agreed as well and I’m in my 30s and in tech. Found the Roma’s interface to be annoying and is evidenced by the software issues found on several of the initial cars. Sure it will be fixed with updates but personally think it’s overkill, though I understand the point. I felt the Lussos interface is perfect, analog yet digital enough with Carplay to have nice creature comforts

Caeruleus11, R J and Boots like this.
  9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Peak power 830PS @9250rpm, max torque remains 7000rpm (as 812/812GTS)

10. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Some interesting thoughts on the Aperta design which make it more appealing to the eye-
    The outline of the buttresses are not dissimilar to the GTS on side view but are more appealing especially in the lighter colors since the body colored portions slope up and back to an area less tall than on the GTS where the body color portion does the opposite and hits a higher point on the buttress. This fools the eye on the Aperta into thinking the buttresses are lower. It is also why dark color GTSs look better on side viewing.
    Also on the rear view the bridge connecting the two buttresses fools the eye into thinking they are closer together which is also more appealing. Viewing from above shows the buttresses to be similar in position to the GTS.
    Overall very well done design although the rear end is still a bit too busy a la SF90 for my taste.
    Can’t wait to see it in the flesh!

Caeruleus11 and mthompson2376 like this.
  11. 812comp

812comp Rookie

May 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Raj Patel
    That’s what straight pipes are for...

of2worlds likes this.
  12. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I made the same choice as you, but I hear that a few of the clients on the Aperta list chose the coupe.
    Can’t blame them as the coupe is a wonderful car, but there is simply no comparison in terms of future value (for people that care about these things of course).

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and bwshihtzu like this.
  13. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    The data that really surprised me, not positively, remains that related to the weight of the car. They could certainly make it lighter since the original architecture is the same as the F12 berlinetta, Tdf, 812SF .... given that the Tdf is 1415 kg dry. But they are certainly and deliberately contained because it would have gone too close to the SF90 Stadale. Overall, however, it remains another great Ferrari.

14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Is there a photo of the Aperta with the roof on or have I missed that?

of2worlds likes this.
  15. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yes, but I think @ingegnere point was about the amount of Nm.

ingegnere likes this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The 70 kg difference amounts to the addition of the PPFs (GPFs) and other new technologies. Nothing deliberate in order to keep distance from the SF90, which is on another performance level altogether. It demonstrates the law of the diminishing returns, as they could shave just 37 kilos off the Superfast, which was already optimised. The only way to shed even more weight would be either financially unviable (i.e. carbon body panels), or undesirable (spartan interior).

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  17. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    So this time the version of Novitec and other preparers (excluding Mansory who is only to be imprisoned) will be even more exciting. Just have the courage to put a limited edition in their hands ....

mclaren slr and dcmetro like this.
  18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I don't believe many would agree with this statement.

19. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    massive devaluation....

20. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    In fact I said: "Just have the courage to put a limited edition in their hands ...."

Maximus1977 likes this.
  21. maxxy

maxxy Karting

Mar 31, 2020
    Full Name:
    max luca
    Still trying to figure out the colour they used on the launch car? I think it definitely between Grigio Titanio (a slight blue-is hue) and the new Grigio Competizione (which to me makes more sense as it a special colour released for this car) but that looks too dark. Let me know what you think

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Ferrari Configurator shows a new Grigio Competizione colour, although the show car looks Titanio to me.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and maxxy like this.
  23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The 'show car' will be the new paint color Grigio Competizione. Same way with the intro of the 812 GTS in a new paint color. Ferrari puts a lot of thought into the 'show car' paint colors; even if it sometimes doesn't seem that way with all the repetition seen...

mthompson2376 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  24. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Yes, 692 NM @ 7000 which drops down to F12 level (690 NM ).

SF has the highest peak torque 718 NM @ 7000 (TDF is 705 NM @ 6750).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

mthompson2376, Bundy and F140C like this.
  25. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Wrong as a thong on Donkey Kong.

tomc likes this.