Clear cover/ceramic for F12; Boston area | FerrariChat

Clear cover/ceramic for F12; Boston area

Discussion in 'New England' started by Raj seth, Apr 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    Hello. I am waiting for my “new” 2014 F12. I live in Newton MA ( just west of Boston). Haven’t seen the car yet so dunno re the utility of ceramic but dealer suggested a clear coat on front and mirror to protect from rocks.

Any recommendations on who I should get the front and mirrors done by? Est of $$$?

No doubt I could take it to a dealer but they outsource and charge a fortune

if anyone has experience with skid plates it’s another item I wonder about.

Any perspective welcomed.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. ramluro

ramluro Rookie

Aug 8, 2015
    Weston, MA
    Consider Eastside Motoring in Waltham or Autonuvo in Holliston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Autohaus of Boston

BANNED

Sep 11, 2017
    20 Mill lane Braintree MA 02184
    Full Name:
    Mr.Ferrari
    We provide 3M PPF selfhealing and Ceramic PRO services.

4. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
  5. bobbypagos

bobbypagos Rookie

Dec 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Pagos
    Check out Unique Car Care in Middleton. It’s probably 30 minutes from you but I had a great experience with them. I just had my 458 fully wrapped in PPF, ceramic coating, and tinted the windows. Rick (the owner) is super easy going and can talk you through each item to help you decide what you may want.

6. bobbypagos

bobbypagos Rookie

Dec 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Pagos
    Sorry I should have said that with car like that, getting at least the front and mirrors done in PPF is a must in my opinion (protects against rock chips and therefore repainting). The ceramic helps with cleaning the car and gives it a nice shine- again for that kind of car worth it in my opinion.

7. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I did not have a good experience getting my 2013 California 30 completely wrapped in XPel as done by Unique Car Care, although that was a few years ago. Expensive job, but came out with multiple visible seams in the film. I don't believe UCC (a detail shop) is actually doing the film, it's the place next to him that Rick is (or was) affiliated with. I suggest looking at some cars they have done recently first to see if they have improved -- especially with a less common car like your F12.

8. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    Thank you . Yes - one bad chip and ..
    haven’t done anything yet - have a couple other items to address and weather has been ****ty.
    Curious what you paid for yr work.
    I’ve been quoted 2500 for film on front half from one. Another was 900 partial front - 2k entire hood etc.

9. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    i had a 16 Cali T that had film on the front half. My Porsche had similar - if not a full hood template they can cut then very difficult not to have it look crappy over time . Have to be careful - that said nice recent endorsement from 458 above. Thx Raj

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Craft Detailing in Dedham did my wife's brand new Panamera a couple years ago, ceramic and PPF. They went straight to the dealership since I didn't even want it out on the road without it. I was very pleased with the job.

vjd3 likes this.
  11. bobbypagos

bobbypagos Rookie

Dec 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Pagos
    Yes, that's a fair point - I'm pretty sure it was another shop that came into UCC to do my car. In any case, my job did come out flawless (sorry to hear you had issues).

12. bobbypagos

bobbypagos Rookie

Dec 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Pagos
    I think the "front clip" quotes - which I believe is the front bumper, hood, and mirrors - were around $2k. My brother got a partial hood done (on a GLE) and I personally think it looks pretty bad as you can see the line across the hood but it is doing its job, so a matter of preference on looks.

13. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth