1967 Fiat Dino battery holder info needed | FerrariChat

1967 Fiat Dino battery holder info needed

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ragtop1, May 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    I am looking for a photograph with dimensions of the battery box/holder in the trunk of a '67 Fiat Dino. The car is being restored to its original spec and the brackets were removed for some reason by the previous owner. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    bump...
    Is the body style used in another Fiat model without the Dino engine? Perhaps I could find one of those to copy the bracket.

3. ferrari dino

ferrari dino Karting

Feb 16, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    John Kennedy
    You might try going to a car show or looking at one for sale on a car lot. I did a lot of research this way for the Ferrari Dino years ago.

ragtop1 likes this.
  4. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I have the cutaway drawings of the 2.0 litre Coupe and Spider as printed in Quattroruote (March 1967). These show the battery in the right rear corner of the trunk on both models, but no details of the box/holder, just the location, which appears to be the same.

ragtop1 likes this.
  5. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    thanks, John & Jeff. I guess there aren't any Fiat Dino owners that frequent the Fiat category.
    No responses from FiatForum.com either.

I see the production numbers were very low for the spyders, which makes me wonder how many have survived. The rust was so bad on the one we are working on that most of the body panels have been re-fabricated, along with the floor and trunk sheet metal.

2 litre Spider = s/n 135 AS 000 0026 - 135 AS 000 1158 = total of 1133 cars
    2.4 litre Spider = s/n 135 BS 000 1159 - 135 BS 000 1583 = total of 425 cars

2 litre Coupe = s/n 135 AC 000 0026 - 135 AC 000 3670 = total of 3645 cars
    2.4 litre Coupe = s/n 135 BC 000 3671 - 135 BC 000 6068 = total of 2398 cars

6. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Larry: Just in case, I have two sets of exhausts for the left front side of a 2.4 Spider, factory pieces (#4189508),never installed, that I got in trade many years ago. These have three "cans" on each pipe. They have been stored in my garage for at least 25+ years. It looks to me like one of them could be modified to fit the right side of the car in less than an hour of cutting of welding. Any interest? I can photograph them if you wish. No idea what they are worth, or shipping costs, or how hard they are to find.

7. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Hi Jeff, We may be interested in your exhaust pipes. Please send a few photos. I'm just learning about these cars, so I'm not sure if they will work on our 2 litre car. I'm guessing the 2.4 is just bigger pistons using the same block? Modifying one of the pipes to the right side should be doable though
    Cheers, Larry.

8. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
  9. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David

10. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
  11. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Hi David. That is awesome, Thank you!
    Is that your Car? I may bother you from time to time. The Dino we are working on is currently on a rotisserie. Most of the sheet metal has been replaced with new fabricated panels, floor boards and trunk. Our current dilemma is what finish the valve covers should have.
    Cheers

12. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Yes it is Larry. I ll be glad to share whatever you need to resurrect your dino. Mine is very much unrestored. BTW, like your beautiful photos...keep bringing them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ragtop1 likes this.
  13. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    The sparkplug wires are the green original Cavis. Can't believe they're still functional.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Have you tried fiatdinoforum.org? There's a wealth of knowledge and experience there as well as an extensive library.

ragtop1 likes this.