Ferrari ROMA | Page 165 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    Spider68 likes this.
  2. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    We went chocolate brown interior with the rosso venaccia exterior

randkin and tomc like this.
  3. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    My post you quoted was from a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the exterior color. Was it the same as your spec? I don't mind Venaccia at all and think your brown is a reasonable interior color match. But all subjective personal taste...except for Venaccia with red interior, that was atrocious!

4. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    That red interior is blinding

5. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  6. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    The Roma haters are really getting to me, what’s not to like, FFS! :mad:

F2003-GA likes this.
  7. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    its a thin line between love and hate. ... or is that jealousy and hate? I am going crazy waiting for pics of my car being assembled.

8. S123456

S123456 Rookie

Apr 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    Sagar thakrar
    Did that picture come on your app?

9. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    I feel you.

10. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    Sure did.

11. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    Just had an update - looks pretty close to the finished thing to me.

12. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH

Attached Files:

F2003-GA, aepma, Dadr and 2 others like this.
  13. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    I just got a first pic on the app. A white upper shell of the Roma.
    What is the timing on the next picture?
    Thanks

14. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Love it! Is that Rosso Corsa or Scuderia? I'm trying to decide between the two for me spec.

Scott Hawthorne likes this.
  15. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    I got the painted shell pic about 1 week after the white shell primer photo.

glennkreisel likes this.
  16. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    it’s the Corsa. I always feel like the Scuderia looks a little orange. At the end of the day, Scuderia is meant to look like Corsa on older TVs, so that being the case, why not just have the Corsa.

I also love the grey, it’s just that I associate that colour heavily with Aston Martin.

17. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    Looks fantastic. Curious, did you consider any distinctly non red colors? I am officially in 40 status right now.

18. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    Yes, grey, yellow and white. The grey I felt was too Aston Martin, the Yellow (I like yellow, I know others wince) but felt it was too Dino and the white, but everything is white.

The more people kept saying it doesn’t suit Rosso Corsa, the more I thought, what have they been smoking.

008 likes this.
  19. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    Ok, so just been told today, that the car will land in the UK on Friday this week. However, by the time it’s pdi is done and it has been detailed and spray wrapped i still think that it’s 2-3 weeks away from actually been driven home.

glennkreisel likes this.
  20. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    What's another 2-3 weeks? ;) Our Roma is my first custom ordered car since I bought a Saab 900 SE Turbo in Scarab green back in '96...the Ferrari odyssey is unlike any other....I'm hopeful for the first week of July

21. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    I think it hurts more knowing it’s at the dealer. o_O:)

glennkreisel likes this.
  22. RomaLisbon

RomaLisbon Rookie

May 5, 2021
    Hey everyone. I got my Roma in November last year and have been experiencing lots of problems with the software (so they say). The car has been to the dealer a few times to fix the recurring issues and the last time they did a big software update. However, the same problems keep coming back and it’s becoming to be very concerning.
    There have been different problems and the main one now is that the screens just go completely black, except for the meter. Other issues are with the key and more recently the A/c (this one after the software update). Anyone has been experiencing multiple problems?
    Some pics

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Yes, they have some serious software bugs, particularly in their display manager.

I’ve not had any particular issues with the pad display tho, only the main display. Losing windows, losing the tach. They come back after a full shutdown and restart (open close door). But they usually happen at startup only.

Occasionally I lose cameras at startup or they don’t clear and go to the instrument display. Yesterday was the first time I lost parking sensors when I pulled out but the cameras were working!

I hope Ferrari has engineered enough capability for the components to handle the level of work necessary for the car to operate well and we are not hitting a limit on their hardware choices...

SV

Just to note that there are times it works perfectly well but it just can’t seem to do it consistently every day...

vcappp and Scott Hawthorne like this.
  24. RomaLisbon

RomaLisbon Rookie

May 5, 2021
    Thanks. I read a few posts of people reporting different issues. After the update, the car seemed to be working fine but it was not for long.
    Had a big issue with the battery going completely dead once and they actually had to replace it.
    I also wonder if it’s just software or actually something a lot more than that…

25. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    I have said it before. Ferrari should be ashamed. This will be my last Ferrari.